SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

True Ice Blue / Red caps for the clusters !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-04, 07:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Yeller
Attached Thumbnails True Ice Blue / Red caps for the clusters !!-132_3230.jpg  
Old 03-15-04, 08:15 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, so many choices and so little SC's. I still find it hard to believe we had only one choice and that was to get a new cluster from the dealer to literally hunders from OLT. Needless to say great job and hope to get a custom OLT cluster....

Now that I think of it this is probably going to turn out to a crazy story you always see on vintage or classic cars that ends up changing the cars history forever. It looks like its just in the begining stages but later becomes a crucial part of the SCs history.

Cant wait to see those tails when they're done. They're looking incredible right now and the price will be a lot less than Clear Coners I'm sure. Anyways once again great job OLT, can't wait to see the full LCD dash with built in NAV TV and diagnostics. Just one more decade for the complete 3-D cluster with 16.7million colors

Last edited by jimmit; 03-15-04 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-15-04, 08:22 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Man, so many choices and so little SC's.
The solution is to buy a few torn up clusters on Ebay and send them to me then you can swap out each week and rotate colors LOL. J/K.

I have always felt we are doing something special here (you guy's and I) because this is the only place on earth we do what we do

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-15-04 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-15-04, 10:43 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by O. L. T.
The solution is to buy a few torn up clusters on Ebay and send them to me then you can swap out each week and rotate colors LOL. J/K.

I have always felt we are doing something special here (you guy's and I) because this is the only place on earth we do what we do
and you know what? we do it well!!
Old 03-16-04, 05:33 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up Keep on Truckin

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
and you know what? we do it well!!
And HOW.

Hello guys, I'm Jose. I'm new here, but not new to custom LED retros in cars. In my current car alone, I changed the dull green led's (with resistors) in the window switches, the a/c led's (not the backlight ones, the selected mode led), pavement illuminator strips in the bottoms of the doors that light up the floor with white 18-led strips (door-switch activated), hazard button with red led, blue led on outside door handle for alarm indication, and an always popular Cadillac 2.5-foot long red led third brake light retrofitted into my sunroof (it needs to be tilted up to see obviously - I always drive like that anyway). Sunroof remains fully functional as stock with the light in it. This one always gets questions in drive-thrus.

Anyway, point is I understand what OLT is doing and how tedius it can get at times, and I've only done "easy" led retros. You're doing a damn great thing, and I can't wait to send in mine for a full white conversion. The car is pearl white and (at this point, could change mind) getting a fresh coat of IS300 white (062, mine's 054?). So white on white looks like the go, maybe even white with red needles? I dunno, but I need to find a replacement climate control as mine had black bled up from the bottom. Is that fixable or do I just find a new one?

Anyway man, great work. I followed this thread from page 1 to here and it took me two days LOL. I'm feeling your pain but also riding that innovation-induced high that keeps you going. Keep the faith brother, we're all behind you.
Old 03-16-04, 11:24 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

We are indeed having fun, no?

i am sticking this here for future reference since i get asked about it 5 times a day:

Airbag Light Reset Instructions
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...293#post852293

Climate Control Removal

Speedometer Cluster Removal

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-29-04 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-16-04, 05:58 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

So O.L.T., I've spent the last x hours reading 836 posts on this topic because I let it slip away form me and go out of control, but frankly I have to say I'm dissapointed I wasn't on this thread to see everything become new as it happened. However, I am now a member on lextech and possibly in June when I head off on my senior trip, I might send you the cluster for a hyper blue background with blue waterfall needles. Thank you so much for putting all this research into the project because I know outside of the Lexus community, sadly enough, your work won't be appreciated the same. People may not even notice your gauges are 100% custom when they see them but to the owners I believe it is (or will be) worth more than you are charging. Thanks again for how you're helping us all out.

James
Old 03-18-04, 09:42 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

i never get tired of seeing the blue clusters...
Attached Thumbnails True Ice Blue / Red caps for the clusters !!-132_3253.jpg  
Old 03-18-04, 12:16 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default pics of my "16" cluster....

i was waiting to get my new digicam,and it finally came(canon powershot a80)so,here are some better quality pics of my cluster......these are pics are of the "16" cluster w/ white backdrop... stock red needles

..................................once again,nice work brian

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 03-18-04 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-18-04, 01:07 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Next:

How's the 16 during daylight?

Altstadt
Old 03-18-04, 02:42 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I miss my powershot. great camera. i stil like my S50, don't get me wrong but i prefer the powershot's layout and easy to hold onto.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-18-04 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-23-04, 03:29 AM
William N.
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OLT, your work is awesome! I really want to get the Pioneer radio in white but I also want the climate in white too. Can you make the climate with the same white lighting as the radio?
Old 03-23-04, 08:40 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

stay up to date, read the forums for info on curent events:

http://lextech.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=30&

**********Sorry guy's, I still cannot release this technology. I have been working with it for weeks now and i am just not pleased with the overall results, i am infact abandoning the LED climates for now. It was the only thing that i was not 100% satisfied with. As you know, i won't let anything leave here unless it is perfect. **********
Old 03-23-04, 09:22 AM
William N.
Pole Position

thanks
Old 03-23-04, 05:07 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

i've had the cluster back for a while now, but i'm just so lazy i kept forgetting to take pictures.

here are the results of HOURS and HOURS of work brian put in to get my cluster done.
no problems during the day or night, only pure blue light shining in my eyes.

keep in mind that i was playing around w/ the camera a bit so the TRUE color is much more vibrant in real life.

first one

this one is slightly blurry

third one

Quick Reply: True Ice Blue / Red caps for the clusters !!