Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

He should have listened to all the replies on his last post

Old 07-06-03, 09:20 PM
vj604
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jet864
That sucks man. I'm 16 with an SC400 and in august it will be a year with no tickets, no accidents, minus a parking ticket which was thrown out, but without radar, you SHOULD NOT be going that fast, especially on something that was probably a state/federal highway. They don't F around with people who double the speed limit. At least your ticket wasn't for racing....that could be NO license at all until 18. I do race, but we always go to abandoned places where theres no innocent bystanders/cops. By racing I have to be responsible for tickets that I get, but I take that risk...and I have been lucky so far.

James
I dont get it. Im 21, Ive had my 300 for 4 years now with no tickets, no idiocy, no accidents, no deaths and so on...i got pulled over once but it was cuz I was fooling aorund with my girlfriend while parked. And another time for rolling through a stop sign. What bothers me is the quote above. First off, I was your age not too long ago, and I got my dads LS for a month or two. 90 mph on the highway was fun. Then if you start to grow up, you realize what an idiot you are for risking not your life, (obviously you dont think much of it going 90 mph on a road with 55 mph speed limits), but the lives of everyone else on the road who does not need to be subject to your idiocy.

I disagree heavily with the BS about the radar detector. They are not sold so you can be dumb. Going twice the speed limit is dumb. I admit, I have one, and I regularly drive 15 mph over the speed limit on the interstate. This brings me to your next comment. 'Federal' highway? State route? It doesnt matter. You get nailed by whoever, no extra penalties for what road.

Another thing I have to say, go race on the track. Thats what its for. You shouldnt have a lexus so you can have a pissing constest with your friends.

In addition, now having driven for 6 years, I firmly believe that there should be something to mandate that under the age of 21 you may not have a car with higher than a certain weight to horsepower ratio.

VJ

You may disagree, this is how i feel. You may feel this way if you ever know someone who has lost their life doing dumb ****.
Old 07-06-03, 09:21 PM
vj604
Driver

60 days is a slap on the wrist. They should have suspended your license to age 21 like they do in georgia. And also like they do in Atlanta, they should have taken you to jail and set your bond for 2000 dollars so you coulda sat there for a day or two figuring out how to ask mommy or daddy to bail you out.

VJ
Old 07-06-03, 10:13 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by vj604
I dont get it. Im 21, Ive had my 300 for 4 years now with no tickets, no idiocy, no accidents, no deaths and so on...i got pulled over once but it was cuz I was fooling aorund with my girlfriend while parked. And another time for rolling through a stop sign. What bothers me is the quote above. First off, I was your age not too long ago, and I got my dads LS for a month or two. 90 mph on the highway was fun. Then if you start to grow up, you realize what an idiot you are for risking not your life, (obviously you dont think much of it going 90 mph on a road with 55 mph speed limits), but the lives of everyone else on the road who does not need to be subject to your idiocy.

I disagree heavily with the BS about the radar detector. They are not sold so you can be dumb. Going twice the speed limit is dumb. I admit, I have one, and I regularly drive 15 mph over the speed limit on the interstate. This brings me to your next comment. 'Federal' highway? State route? It doesnt matter. You get nailed by whoever, no extra penalties for what road.

Another thing I have to say, go race on the track. Thats what its for. You shouldnt have a lexus so you can have a pissing constest with your friends.

In addition, now having driven for 6 years, I firmly believe that there should be something to mandate that under the age of 21 you may not have a car with higher than a certain weight to horsepower ratio.

VJ

You may disagree, this is how i feel. You may feel this way if you ever know someone who has lost their life doing dumb ****.
I wasn't trying to brag about the fact that I have made it a year without a record, I'm just saying that all teenagers don't have to get tickets like Don'tHate did. If you just don't be dumb and use radar on freeways it is quite a bit harder to get stopped. i could go and tell him how speeding is dangerous and to not do it (oh wait, i did .) But personally I do speed so talking to this guy, 16 yr old to 16 yr old, I let him know how I feel about HIS situation. I used personal opinions to get the idea across that it isn't smart to speed knowing that no matter what I will say, he will continue to speed. So IN MY OPINION, he should either a)get a radar detector to find when cops are on the look out, or b)not double the freakin' speed limit. notice that he did take it as his own fault, and not try to blame it on the cop, his friends or whatever else. And for other people's lives when I race, it is on an abandoned road a half hour from the freeway with open space so I think it is pretty safe, and the tracks around here that I know of don't have open runs and theyre far away. So, i do disagree with you, but try to remember how it was when you were 16. Peace.

James
Old 07-06-03, 10:50 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Default now now gentlemen. . .

We ALL must remember one thing. . .

boys will be boys

We were all there. Some of us may have been luckier than others but, deep down we can all empathize. I did SO many stupid things and got caught with all of them (well most of them ). But most of us DO learn, unfortunately we do so the hard way. Then it seems as we get older we forget what it was like to be that age. I know I have, and I'm only 22. I remember the things I'd done, but have forgotten what was going through my horny-as$ head while doing so. I know I never intended to hurt anyone, and didn't. But we can all die at any time on the road, speeding or not. And as mad as all of us can get, I'd put my money on the fact that there's not a damn thing we could say to change these lead-footed horndogs from driving their SC's the way that they do. I'm not particularly agreeing/disagreeing with anyone, I just think that we all should take a gander back into our past, we're all car guys here.

However, we're getting off the topic of this post, the fact that it's fishy and quite possibly BS, despite it's sadness. And the fact that it is such a sad story, means that anyone that would make such a story up for entertainment value only, is sick.

Later on, boys and gals,
Matt
Old 07-07-03, 12:04 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Hey sweet, just a little friendly reminder.....i think you posted in the wrong thread. Seems to me you're looking for this one: Oops!
Old 07-07-03, 12:20 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

My bad, thanks buddy. At least I got the majority of my point out on the right post. Am I gettin senile at 22? I sure hope not. Where the hell am I anyway? What's a Lexus? What year is it? Do they still make Yugos? J/K. . .

Be good ya'll, don't make me come back here and regulate.
Old 07-07-03, 09:59 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speed, in and of itself, does not kill. Ignorance does. And unless you grew up running Jr. dragsters, you do not know how to handle a vehicle at 125 mph. It's a good thing a cop stopped you instead of a nice big oak tree. Speed is fun, just enjoy it responsibly...go to a Skip Barber school, do some autocross, go to the dragstrip, but please do not go more than about 15 over on public roads. Don't give the rest of us a bad name.
Old 07-07-03, 10:43 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

skip barber's school is a bit expensive and you don't get to drive your car right?

if you want some thrills join your local SCCA or NASA and they have lots of events you can take your own car and go nuts....

you do the crime you do the time.
Old 07-07-03, 12:19 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

What I mean is the Skip Barber school would be for the driver training. After you have learned advanced driving techniques, then go race, wether it's SCCA, autocross, drag racing, drifting, whatever turns your crank. I am just suggesting that before you take you ride out for some track action, know how to do it right. A few bucks to a Barber school, or something similar will be a lot cheaper than smacking a concrete retainer wall with your SC.
Old 07-07-03, 12:27 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rushgator2112
What I mean is the Skip Barber school would be for the driver training. After you have learned advanced driving techniques, then go race, wether it's SCCA, autocross, drag racing, drifting, whatever turns your crank. I am just suggesting that before you take you ride out for some track action, know how to do it right. A few bucks to a Barber school, or something similar will be a lot cheaper than smacking a concrete retainer wall with your SC.
I totally agree you... by the way NASA offers professional driving instructions for just being a member..
Old 07-07-03, 12:41 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by VSsc400
I totally agree you... by the way NASA offers professional driving instructions for just being a member..
For real?? That sounds like a good deal. Got a link to their website??
Old 07-07-03, 12:44 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

www.nasanortheast.org

thats for the northeast but you should be able to navigate to your local region.

the experience track racers will take you on their car and they will ride with you in your car and teach you how to turn, brake, pass and stuff... its like a mentor program... as you move up the levels you can go to more serious races...

good stuff..
Old 07-07-03, 12:54 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-07-03, 12:56 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

no problem.