WOOD TRIM KIT here ya go guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-03, 06:34 AM
Frankinaustin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misc q's for Igor...

Igor, I have a few q's:
1.) can you do carbon fiber instead of wood?
2.) on the driver's side dorr of my 93 sc400, there is a small pannel with buttons for the seat memory. can you sell me a relacement without the seat buttons? They are beginning to rattle and it drives me crasy.
3.) My wife has a 93LS 400 and there are a few pices in her car that need replacements.

Pls advise. Frank
Old 07-12-03, 07:13 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post About your rattle

Originally posted by Frankinaustin
Igor, I have a few q's:
2.) on the driver's side dorr of my 93 sc400, there is a small pannel with buttons for the seat memory. can you sell me a relacement without the seat buttons? They are beginning to rattle and it drives me crasy.
3.) My wife has a 93LS 400 and there are a few pices in her car that need replacements.

Pls advise. Frank
Frankinaustin (Frank) just as a little side note... The rattling can be fixed very easily, all you have to do is take off the lower part of the door panel, like 6 screws total and then when you look on the back you will see that the pieces are help to the vinyl with some 10mm bolts (I think that is the size) and if you just give them a few turns with a socket you will be all set... I had the same problem with the wood trim that was just to the left of my door handle on my drive door, but when I took the panel off to install my speakers I found once I tighten the bolts up it is all gone... and I know what you mean about being drove crazy from the rattle, I was about to rim the damn trim off

Hope this helps...
Shawn
Old 07-12-03, 09:15 AM
AAS
Driver School Candidate

- Yes any style you want

- We actually have a trim in the big set which is not shown in the pictures which would cover those memory seat buttons. I am not sure if that would stop the rattling though

It depends however we mostly sell full kit and not partial. We do not have full replacement kit for the LS400 please see picture attached.

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ch...art/135-11.jpg
Old 07-12-03, 01:34 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
AAS,
Although Group Buys are allowed, they must be approved first and done in conjunction with a ClubLexus authorized vendor.

And if approved, I would be interested.
Old 07-13-03, 05:21 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

How much is the carbon fiber option??
Old 07-13-03, 07:15 PM
AAS
Driver School Candidate

Group buy price is different, I will be more then happy to get it approved.

Advertising
Advertising of any kind is prohibited in any posting area of ClubLexus forums. Individuals interested in advertising on ClubLexus should contact us at advertising@clublexus.com. All the advertising threads will either be moved or closed.

Group Buys are allowed, but they must be done in conjunction with a ClubLexus authorized vendor. You can check the authorized vendor list located here.

Last edited by legendary; 07-31-03 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-13-03, 07:17 PM
LexFather

Although Group Buys are allowed, they must be approved first and done in conjunction with a ClubLexus authorized vendor
Yup.

AAS, PM me if you want to set up a group buy, thanks and welcome to clublexus.
Old 07-16-03, 12:57 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Igor,

I'm going to take you up on your offer of waving the return fee. I just placed an order with your company. Will update all on the look and match of the kit.
Old 07-16-03, 01:05 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Originally posted by sc400
Igor,

I'm going to take you up on your offer of waving the return fee. I just placed an order with your company. Will update all on the look and match of the kit.
I will wait on your pics and review, before placing an order myself!
Thanks for taking the led.
Old 07-17-03, 03:08 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

If the price is right,

I would also be very interested in the 8 piece kit.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks.

Jon
Old 07-19-03, 02:25 AM
SC400866
Driver School Candidate

I have purchased two kits, and had to pay the restocking fee twice. I bought one from alka plus, and one from nyc dash on E-bay. Both kits have a beautiful color. The problem is that it doesnt match. And the fits look cheap.
go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2925484286
It was one of the kits I bought.
http://www.nycdashes.com/shop/source...da29f5fdac77fd
the other.
I wish i could find a good kit, but i've given up.
Old 07-19-03, 07:10 AM
AAS
Driver School Candidate

Advertising
Advertising of any kind is prohibited in any posting area of ClubLexus forums. Individuals interested in advertising on ClubLexus should contact us at advertising@clublexus.com. All the advertising threads will either be moved or closed.

Group Buys are allowed, but they must be done in conjunction with a ClubLexus authorized vendor. You can check the authorized vendor list located here.

Last edited by legendary; 07-31-03 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 07:36 AM
Carpe Diem
Lead Lap

Hi All,

As promised I ordered some samples of the “wood” from autoaccessorystore.com to match against the wood in my 96 SC400. They were very prompt in delivering the samples and the total cost to me was less than a dollar.

I ordered samples of the Dark Burlwood, English Burlwood and Oxford Burlwood. The first bit of advice I have to offer is don’t go by the color of the screen image samples. As they say, the Oxford Burlwood is the best match for the SC. The screen sample is much lighter than the real material. I say material since the samples are all plastic, 3M products. It appears to be a peel and stick application and the stuff is about 1/8 inch thick. I have two observations here. The sticky layer seems to be of the type that the standard 3M adhesive removers will cut. (I’ll actually try this tonight and report back if it doesn’t). If you decide later to take it off, this is a plus if the plastic on our cars isn’t etched by the remover. If someone has an old console piece sitting around and wants to send it to me, I’ll find out. The second observation is that, even though the edges of the sample are rounded off, the material will probably stand up quite a lot higher than the surrounding surfaces.

I compared the material to the wood on my SC four ways; base color, grain (vein) color, grain appearance and luster. In term of the base color the match was generally acceptable. Because the color of the natural wood varies, the degree of match will also vary. In those places where my wood tends toward brown the match was good. In those places where my wood tends toward red, the difference is very noticeable even to my color challenged eyes. The grain (vein) color of my wood is a tan, lighter than the base color. The grain color of the sample is a darker brown. The grain appearance is very close, both contain swirls and spots. Finally, and least acceptable to me, is the difference in luster. The plastic is quite shiny whereas my wood is more of a matte finish.

If you’re considering applying this kit (which I’m not), my suggestions are:

1. Order a sample first. For a buck and a week’s wait its cheap insurance.

2. Only cover the main console (and overhead light panel if you like). Don’t use the pieces that cover the vent borders. Even if the colors match well, the luster and height differences would drive me nuts.

3. Cut an edge off your sample and use it to test the height difference in various places on the surfaces you plan to cover. Satisfy yourself that it won’t look too “aftermarket” or hamper use of any of the moving parts.

I read in another thread of an SC300 owner whose console was marred by a previous owner’s cigarette burns. This kit might be an easy fix for that kind of problem. Of course, given the number of ads I see for used console parts, the burned parts could probably be purchased for about the same money and replacing them might be quicker and less tedious than applying the "wood" kit.

If anyone has actually done the installation, I'd like to see more photos.

Good luck,
George

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-31-03 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-31-03, 01:14 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Waiting to hear back from SC400 for his write-up and pics!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 07-31-03 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 04:23 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Forgive me if i'm wrong but this is synthetic, correct? Just weigh your options guys, here's a pic of mine, I had it custom made in real Walnut Burlwood, and grafted an SC430 shifter, which is also made from Burled Walnut.
Attached Thumbnails WOOD TRIM KIT here ya go guys-compressed-hks-and-alpine-7-24-03.jpg  

Quick Reply: WOOD TRIM KIT here ya go guys