SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

carbon fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-03, 06:21 PM
tenzin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink carbon fiber hood

i just got SC300 and i really want to fix it up. i been looking on line and and i found this site where one of the sc ower had a carbon fiber hood, so if anyone can tell me where i can find one and also bodykit
Old 07-24-03, 09:32 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: carbon fiber hood

Originally posted by tenzin
i just got SC300 and i really want to fix it up. i been looking on line and and i found this site where one of the sc ower had a carbon fiber hood, so if anyone can tell me where i can find one and also bodykit
well i would do a bit of searching for yourself... nobody can tell you what body kit to like... they can only tell you which one THEY prefer. that could be totally different from your tastes. hit up http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html and check out the pics of all the body kits rich has for the SC's. you will find what you're looking for...as for me...JIC magic all the way.

as far as the carbon fiber hood, only a few people on the boards have them that i know of...emerald being one. they will run you a pretty penny however... if my memory serves they had to import them from japan.
Old 07-24-03, 11:08 PM
GOLDSc300
Pit Crew

If you get a CF hood PLEASE have it painted to match the color of the car. Nothing worse than a riced out Lexus.
Old 07-25-03, 11:36 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It doesnt look too bad......There are 4 cars (that I know of with full CF hoods) and they all look pretty nice, since none are going for a 'sleeper look'.

Someone who wants a 'stock' looking car would'nt make it to the point where they 'needed' a CF hood.

It would be kinda cool to rebuild the whole body and have it painted to look stock.....just to be doing it. Or even an all black SC w/CF hood would look hotttt

- If your car is a daily driver, then I (IMO) see no reason to go CF
- If you're making use of the CF, then it doesnt matter if the car is primered,stripped down interior, etc.....

Last edited by DriftGirl; 07-25-03 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-25-03, 05:22 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Emerald!!! Sells me yours!!! My black TT is dying for one
Old 07-25-03, 11:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 354 Likes on 229 Posts

the last attempt at a CF hood:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=77848
Old 07-26-03, 10:03 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Those that make these types of things (hoods) realize that that the SC poses a huge problem not found in other hoods. ..once they seriously start to look into it.

ACleanSC4: i'll get you in touch with the people I mentioned to you a while back...his situation is still the same.

'Group buys' suck......why would you want 50 people with the same looking cars?
Old 07-26-03, 12:52 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Hey Em, if you could pass along that info to me too I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Old 07-27-03, 10:24 AM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

If you're lookin for a CF hood. Try giving Importfan.com a call. They make a very nice double sided CF hood. It's a little pricey but it is double-sided.
Old 07-27-03, 04:17 PM
killerlex
Rookie

rice? anything thats is not stock people think it is rice. have you checked out the scene in japan, everyone sport cf hood unpainted.even doors and trunk are left unpainted.why would u want to paint a cf part anyways? that defeats the purpose of getting one...being different and setting new trends is not called rice.its called being ahead of the game.....
Old 07-27-03, 04:35 PM
GOLDSc300
Pit Crew

Hey Killerlex have you looked into buying a Honda?
Old 07-27-03, 06:27 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GOLDSc300
Hey Killerlex have you looked into buying a Honda?
What's your point? The guy wants an unpainted CF hood what does it matter to you
Old 07-27-03, 06:36 PM
GOLDSc300
Pit Crew

I really dont give a ***** what he does with his car. I'm just saying that a Honda might fit his style a little better than a Lexus. Lexus makes luxury vehicles not race cars. But thats just my opinion.
Old 07-27-03, 08:10 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

This may not be the thread for you then......I did see one about ' The Joys of being stock ' a few pages back

If you have no need for performance parts then you'd consider everything 'Rice'.....which is an abused word these days.

There are a few out there 2 owned by T&E and 2 by us.......niether one is ugly or riced out. EVERYTHING is functional.
-Any and all stickers represent a sponsor or our ourselves: T&E / or Preferred Image Motoring Products

Stock sux
Old 07-28-03, 05:05 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I really dont give a ***** what he does with his car. I'm just saying that a Honda might fit his style a little better than a Lexus. Lexus makes luxury vehicles not race cars. But thats just my opinion
So by this definition of "Rice" the 2jz-gte swap with the 6 speed getrag into an SC300 is rice too?

For my definition of rice I just look at my brother in laws Cavalier. If he's done it to his car it's rice.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber hood