SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Security Mod: Fuel Cutoff Switch..Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-03, 08:34 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Security Mod: Fuel Cutoff Switch..Is this possible?

Last night, my friend installed his new fuel fuel cutoff switch in his 3rd Generation Integra. I asked him what does it do, he said it's a very effective security mod. If someone were to break into your car, start it and try to drive away with it..The fuel cutoff switch when its enabled will prevent fuel going into the engine.

The trick is to hide the switch somewhere so thieves cannot disable the cut off but would be easily accessible for your own access.

I have done a search on this matter and I came up with no info. Can this be done for the SC? Its very cheap, only $5 bucks to be specific. Its a MUST have if it can be done. The only REAL labor is to take apart your part interior (carpent, rear seats) if you want the cutoff switch somewhere in the front of your interior where it is easily accessible for yourself.

But since our fuel tanks are located behind the rear seats, I plan to locate the fuel cut off switch in the trunk.

Any info on the fuel cut off switch for the SC?

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 08-02-03 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-02-03, 09:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

It's an old trick, but an effective one. i'm not sure if the sc fuel pump is fused, but if so, you could just do it at the fuse.
Old 08-02-03, 11:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Explain how this is accomplished. I have never done a cut off switch before.
Old 08-02-03, 11:10 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno why people always ask that question.
"my friend did it on his car, can i do it on mines?"
Well his car is japanese right? and your lexus is too, all imports are made the same.
So the answer is, Yes!

but why would you want to put the switch in your trunk?

Hope you know how to use the switch.
at night, when you lock up your car, you would turn the switch off. so the fuel pump would be off if anyone tried to start it up. Why would you want to put the switch in the trunk, so when you do turn off your car, you would have to run to the back of your trunk and turn it off?? wtf?

all you have to do is tap the power from the fuel pump, and run the switch in between it.
all the switch do is cut off power from the pump, simple stuff.
Put the switch somewhere hidding in your car, like under the passanger seat or something.
if you hide the wires good enough, theives cant find it.

This type of fuel cut works on ALL CARS.
Old 08-03-03, 05:46 AM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can go one step further from what NRG said, and make it like the ones with the telephone keypad, and hide it. That way it will be even harder if found.....why? Well, you can make it so if it was, they couldn't just twist wires together. It would be a necessity to work. They used to sell those in the late 80's.

But, the best kind are the ones that come with your alarm system. DEI sells an excellent one that tells you what part of the car is being violated, etc. If you have a competent shop install it, no worries.

I guess the only real safety is a garage or an airbag suspension that slams the car down so it cant be driven