SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-03 | 10:40 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jet864
Hey hey hey now, not all kids with SC's smash them up. I had a suburban I learned to drive on and drove for the first 3 months that I had my license then I got my SC last november, and perfect record. Oh, if you have good grades you can get a discount too. That helps me a lot.

James
Good thing I have a 3.81 GPA

I hate the sentras so much that whenever I'm first at a stoplight I just level the gas to the floor. My grandma start screeming, even though it's only going 20!
Old 08-14-03 | 10:41 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
A 15 year old should start driving in a 89 Corrolla at first because you know your going to wreck the darn thing one way or another..

I used to have a 87 SUPRA NA when I was 16, I got that thing totaled and my mom insurance skyrocketed.
I hope a 98 Sentra GXE fits the bill
Old 08-14-03 | 10:44 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by matt7184
I'm 19 (no tickets. one minor accident not my fault [hit in rear by someone not paying attention]) and my SC4 is $3k a year in the miami area for insurance when im on my parents policy, but dropped to $2k since I am moving back up to gainesville.

When I got my car at age 17, my insurance was $4k a year in the miami area
An SC3 is a nice first car and you can still get in plenty of trouble with it, trust me
Drive Safe
I think that insurence companies callify sports cars if they have over 250 HP. That's probably why the SC300 is not considered one.
Old 08-14-03 | 12:07 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

so wait, the sc300 isnt considered a sports car, but the sc400 is? thats wierd. also, im 18, i got my license the day i turned 16 and i own a 97 civic. after driving a civic for 2 years ive had my punishment of driving a slow car. i want to step up to something nicer and a little quicker such as the sc400(which i was gonna get and supercharge it)..but if insurance is gonna rate it as a sports car, thats freakin crazy..ill just get the sc300 and turbo it.
Old 08-14-03 | 12:28 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Alright 0l33l, don't pull another JON on us and make 6 posts in a row quoting replies when you can use one or two, k?

(that's an inside joke 0l33l, i'm waiting for Jon to come in here and smack me)

On another note, i'm pushing 30 these day's and it still tickles me to see people say "i've been driving 2 years and have a clean record, you new drivers don't have much experience like i do".
He he, perspective changes madly in ten years time. There are people 10 years farther up from me laughing at ME right now because i am talking like "I" know what i am talking about. SO many stages, so many lessons to learn. You guy's just be safe out there and be alert. the less accidents you have, the cheaper the insurance. Speeding tickets go the same. I welcome new drivers to the road, just park over there --------) ok?

Last edited by O. L. T.; 08-14-03 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-14-03 | 01:23 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Coolstr85
so wait, the sc300 isnt considered a sports car, but the sc400 is? thats wierd. also, im 18, i got my license the day i turned 16 and i own a 97 civic. after driving a civic for 2 years ive had my punishment of driving a slow car. i want to step up to something nicer and a little quicker such as the sc400(which i was gonna get and supercharge it)..but if insurance is gonna rate it as a sports car, thats freakin crazy..ill just get the sc300 and turbo it.
I guess. Cuz some peole with SC3s have been sayign that they have insurenc in the 2k range, but people with SC4 have been saying in 3-4k range.

Trust me: Driving a sentra for a day is more punishing than driving a civing for 2 years.
Old 08-14-03 | 06:48 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

yea...i have air cylinders on my civic too..i was planning on keeping it and hitting switches for the biatches..but stupid hail ruins everything..so i figure why not get a lexus of some sort liek my dad
Old 08-14-03 | 08:16 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

HAHAHA,

15.5 and about to drive a Lexus. That just makes me laugh!! 3.8 GPA or not - that is messed up man. I worked my butt off to get an 82 Toyota Celica when I turned 18 - and u r getting a Lexus handed to you at 15.5

I don't know you and I don't mean to judge you - but hell kid - go get a job and work your butt off to make enough money to buy a car you are paying for - not a Lexus that the folks are giving you.

Sorry to be an ***, but damn man, that is crazy.

Dx3
Old 08-14-03 | 09:15 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dx3
HAHAHA,

15.5 and about to drive a Lexus. That just makes me laugh!! 3.8 GPA or not - that is messed up man. I worked my butt off to get an 82 Toyota Celica when I turned 18 - and u r getting a Lexus handed to you at 15.5

I don't know you and I don't mean to judge you - but hell kid - go get a job and work your butt off to make enough money to buy a car you are paying for - not a Lexus that the folks are giving you.

Dx3
I'm trying to get the lexus after I'm 16. It should be my birthday present, but it will take some time for me to find one i'm looking for.
Old 08-15-03 | 04:05 AM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Originally posted by Dx3
HAHAHA,

Dx3
i agree with u about how i hate it when mommy and daddy buy kids cars. i worked to buy my civic. but just because an 18 year old drives a lexus doesnt mean mommy and daddy bought it for them. im getting a lexus that im paying for entirely by myself. thats also why im a little concerned about the insurance. u can get a 92 SC400 for around 8,000 bucks off ebay. thats easily within a hard working 16, 17, or 18 year olds range. so all im sayin is make sure u know the facts before u rag on a minor because he drives a lexus. like in this kids case, yea u were right, but in my case i hate it when people sit there and tell me that mommy and daddy are buying me a lexus. because mommy and daddy arent buying me crap.
Old 08-15-03 | 10:11 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

i agree with u about how i hate it when mommy and daddy buy kids cars. i worked to buy my civic. but just because an 18 year old drives a lexus doesnt mean mommy and daddy bought it for them. im getting a lexus that im paying for entirely by myself. thats also why im a little concerned about the insurance. u can get a 92 SC400 for around 8,000 bucks off ebay. thats easily within a hard working 16, 17, or 18 year olds range. so all im sayin is make sure u know the facts before u rag on a minor because he drives a lexus. like in this kids case, yea u were right, but in my case i hate it when people sit there and tell me that mommy and daddy are buying me a lexus. because mommy and daddy arent buying me crap.
You should see the cars people drive to our school in. Some kid's even got a 745 beamer!

Anyway, my dad promised me a RX300, but I don't like suvs (or crossover) so that's why I want an sc300.
Old 08-15-03 | 11:14 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

thats also why im a little concerned about the insurance. u can get a 92 SC400 for around 8,000 bucks off ebay.

if your concerned about the couple of hundred $$ a month or whatever for insurance, then I can't imagine how concerned you are if something breaks like the power steering pump you all of a sudden have your car payment(in some cases), insurance AND a 500$ repair bill
Old 08-15-03 | 11:21 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

I'm either hoping to get an sc300 with a messed up engine (or tranny) and auction that off on ebay and with that money make a 2jz-gte conversion.
Old 08-15-03 | 01:08 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Originally posted by SDSC300
if your concerned about the couple of hundred $$ a month or whatever for insurance, then I can't imagine how concerned you are if something breaks like the power steering pump you all of a sudden have your car payment(in some cases), insurance AND a 500$ repair bill
well im not really worried about being able to pay all that money a month. thankfully i make very good money for a senior in high school. but it is better to have the cheapest insurance possible. and if im going to save a couple thousand a year by getting the 300 rather than the 400, then ill just buy the 300 and turbo it. i just woud rather spend money on mods rather than insurance. but yes , thankfully, i do have enough extra cash to fix repairs and unexpected problems.
Old 08-15-03 | 01:37 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

yeah, im in the same boat. I'm 16 and I'll prolly get my lexus in december.

I worked all summer full-time, and I'll be getting a part-time job damn soon. Oh god, the kids at my school : G35, 528i, Land Rover Expedition, Avalon, Benz C280 Coupe. ALl of 'em brand new pretty much.

And I wouldnt get a car off ebay, go with www.autotrader.com all the way

Quick Reply: Insurance?