SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-03, 02:30 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

HAHA,

My son ( 6 weeks old) will be driving whatever he can afford when it comes his time to drive. It is my firm belief that you only truly respect a material possession like a car when you have paid for it yourself. I see so many 16 year old kids driving around in $50,000 cars that it makes me sick. What the hell do they know about hard work when they have cars like these handed to them on a plate?

Congratulations on turning 16 - here's a brand new Tahoe!!! Congratulations on finishing high school - here's a new M3!! Uh huh - cuz turning 16 was pretty difficult. And finishing high school - that's not the most difficult obstacle either!!

Now I'm not some old guy *****ing about kids. I'm 24 years old, basically a kid myself. I just see people work their asses off to buy a $4000 vehicle and then I see 16 year old brats driving around in $50,000 vehicles. AWFUL!!!

OK, now I've got that out of my system - have a great weekend!!!

Peace
Jonny
Dx3
Old 08-15-03, 02:44 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by /Aerostar\
yeah, im in the same boat. I'm 16 and I'll prolly get my lexus in december.

I worked all summer full-time, and I'll be getting a part-time job damn soon. Oh god, the kids at my school : G35, 528i, Land Rover Expedition, Avalon, Benz C280 Coupe. ALl of 'em brand new pretty much.

And I wouldnt get a car off ebay, go with www.autotrader.com all the way
When you get your insurence bill please post how much it costs.

Yeh, we got a riced out 93' civic, a VW Passat, M3, 745 at our school. The rest of the people who drive are girls, so they don't care about what kind of a car they have.
Old 08-15-03, 02:49 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

To all concerned,

Just wanted to say that my earlier post where I was venting - was not aimed at anyone on these boards. If you are 16 and u have worked your butt off to get your car, then I truly respect that, regardless of whether it is a $2000 car or a $20,000 car. Be proud of yourself for that - and know that you deserve your car - unlike half of the brats on the road.

OK, I'm really done this time!!!

Peace

Jonny
Dx3
Old 08-15-03, 02:58 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I worked my butt off in school. I'm not ven going to have a vacation next summer break cuz my mom's making me go to a SAT prep school. So cuz I'm basicly missing out on my vacation i deserve to get a car
Old 08-15-03, 03:38 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

OI33I, even though i rag on kids that mommy and daddy are buying them cars, i think its great that ur mom and dad will buy u a car. heck my dad drives a lexus LS daily, and has a 2003 aston martin vanquish as "the car hes going to save for a long time and then sell it for a ton of money with barely any miles on it" and "i only drive it to church". so while he can afford an aston martin, im stuck driving a civic that i worked my butt off to get. but ill admit it, im very jealous of kids like you whose parents buy them cars. i wish my dad would of bought me a brand new is300. the only problem with kids that get cars from their parents is that they treat the cars like crap by not taking care of them and driving them like maniacs. your actually interested in tuning the car and i think thats awesome. that means that you will take care of your car and actually have respect for it. as long as you keep that respect, i think its great that mom and dad buy you a car. even though im only 18 and still a kid myself. i see this stuff happen everyday. so if you are one of the lucky ones whose parents buy you a car, all i ask is u take care of it and drive it like you paid for it.
Old 08-15-03, 06:30 PM
XvWesvX
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
A 15 year old should start driving in a 89 Corrolla at first because you know your going to wreck the darn thing one way or another..

I used to have a 87 SUPRA NA when I was 16, I got that thing totaled and my mom insurance skyrocketed.
Yeah dont get a nice car for your first! I got a '95 ES 300 as my first car and I have wrecked it 3 times. I wish I got a crapass Honda as my first. It would have been a lot cheaper to fix than my Lexus.

Anyways im 20 and got my license when I was 19, and my Insurance is $800 every 6 months for my car. My rates haven't gone up any yet..... But they will after court.............

The main reason I wanted my Lexus was because everyone at my school has a hot car.
Old 08-15-03, 08:37 PM
sc400guy
Driver School Candidate

Default insurance

hey man im 22 and go through GMAC on my own policy, i only pay 545 every 6, and thats with two cars insured.