SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Meet my new baby! "Leah"!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-19, 02:44 PM
jayelamont
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Meet my new baby! "Leah"!

After years of barking at people offering to buy my black Sc300 (Kim), how dare they even mention such a thing....SOMEHOW I come across a 97, with the front bumper, spoiler and exterior color I was going to paint "Kim" with, and pretty low miles. I had to jump on it! So CL family, meet Leah. I posted Kim in the marketplace if anyone is interested in parts or whole since I need to make room.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/926093

Currently not running.Needed an idle sensor & battery tie down. Its a 1992 Black SC300 with a Toyota 2JZGE under the hood. Last time I drove it the engine would not maintain a steady idle above 2k RPM without feathering the gas pedal, thankfully there was no misfire, leaks or smoke, and the transmission was solid. She currently has Tinted Power windows, sunroof and A/C in working condition. Partial black interior installed (these were hard for me to find) including the dashboard, center console with armrest, both door panels, rear seats and rear side panels,Toyota Supra rims. Currently wired for 2 Subwoofers A 2 channel and a 4 channel amp. Rear LED spoiler included. I had plans to swap out the motor and convert the transmission over to manual, but never got around to it. Its been garaged for a few years and registered as non op.

Last edited by jayelamont; 08-29-19 at 02:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add the marketplace info
The following users liked this post:
jadu (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 05:45 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

A couple of beauties!! The white always leaves me wanting more.
Old 09-01-19, 09:13 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

It’s really annoying Lexus could not use glass for all the headlights. Yellowing sucks. High beams always look great. I’ve had both black and white SC’s and i preferred the black, but in winter if you can keep white clean it looks great in photoshoots in crisp cold air. A portion of you Cali guys wouldn’t know that, lol. SoCal guys take your white SC’s to NorCal for photoshoots, you’ll be glad you did. Nice pickup, time to start moddin!
Old 09-03-19, 03:48 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice! I'd still be partial to trying to keep both but nice find!
Old 09-06-19, 01:38 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Two very nice SC's! I love the chrome Supra MKIV NA rims on the black early model and your new '97 looks to be in near pristine condition!
Old 09-07-19, 09:12 PM
jayelamont
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Two very nice SC's! I love the chrome Supra MKIV NA rims on the black early model and your new '97 looks to be in near pristine condition!
Me toooo I love those dang rims, I wanna swap everything over. I'm undecided bc the new SC has perfect interior and although the black one has black interior parts, the newer is in better condition. Unless there's a way to permanently dye it
Old 09-10-19, 06:30 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

^^ Some have had success that they like with SEM interior dyes or aerosol sprays. I'm not versed in what works best in that regard but there have been writeups on it. Leather surfaces in either interior generally can be redone by any reputable upholstery shop.

I have had my center console lid and door arm rests custom recovered at a shop to restore them. For my factory tan interior for instance we used leather color code GL603 Ivory to best match the SC's factory tan interior color. I used the same leather color code to get my front seats reupholstered at the same shop. I believe he used Katzkin/Leatherseats-dot-com leather templates/skins for the seats.

The black interiors are rarer as you know. I'd just keep an eye out on the forums and on ebay for anything you may need to restore as much of it as possible. Good interior parts do show up from time to time if you keep looking regularly.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-12-19 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-10-19, 10:39 PM
jayelamont
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ Some have had success that they like with SEM interior dyes or aerosol sprays. I'm not versed in what works best in that regard but there have been writeups on it. Leather surfaces in either interior generally can be redone by any reputable upholstery shop.

I have had my center console lid and door arm rests custom recovered at a shop to restore them. For my factory tan interior for instance we used leather color code GL603 Ivory to best match the SC's factory tan interior color. I used the same leather color code to get my front seats reupholstered at the same shop. I believe he used Katzkin/Leatherseats.com leather templates/skins for the seats.

The black interiors are rarer as you know. I'd just keep an eye out on the forums and on ebay for anything you may need to restore as much of it as possible. Good interior parts do show up from time to time if you keep looking regularly.
Thank you, I'll keep looking. I've used this leather dye-in-a can product before on another seat and it hardend the material.