Is it an SC.....or Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-03, 12:43 AM
legendary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey folks...

diversity is the spice of life...

while many of us do not like it, we can give him/her credit for having the cojones to chop up the car to his/her liking. You never know,your beautiful car to us can be suffering this same scrutiny on some other board. I think we should set the example....education is key. Embrace those mod-challenged

All I am saying is let's not turn this into a nYwiz style bashing. Opinions are good, but keep it tasteful.

Thanks folks
Old 08-27-03, 01:23 AM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

i've bumped into this kat on the road a few times, i even know where he works. when i gf first saw it she took me to see it the very next day. i was in aww....i liked it! i still think its nice...u guys should see it in person before u guys talk ***** about it. its like saying if u want a 2jz u should of got a supra!
Old 08-27-03, 01:33 AM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

do u know where he got that cf lip? or whatever that piece is called under hes bumper.
Old 08-27-03, 05:37 AM
Lvangundy

I don't have time to do the editing until later today..anyone moderators want to edit the pictures?
Old 08-27-03, 05:59 AM
Coolstr85
Rookie

dang..i like the rear end of the supra on that thing. i think it makes it look really aggresive. i just wish he would get rid of those ugly yellow fog lights and im not a big fan of the hood. the conversion was done really cleanly.
Old 08-27-03, 06:01 AM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look, It’s a bird, It’s a plane; nope, it’s a Supralex

Last edited by 93 LS4; 08-27-03 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-27-03, 06:52 AM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally posted 09-09-02:

Title: SC EURO TailS with clear Lenses (ideas)
Originally posted by henrynguyen
This mod could cost up to $1000.00 dollars. You probably need a friendly body shop to do this mod. A pair of Euro light from 1998 Toyota supra can be purchase at www.suprastore.com. The price is about $200.00 for a pair. You can drill any SC model to fit this tail light, but you will need a body shop to make it looks professional. Note: this is only my own idea because I had plan for this mod for couple months. I had measure the tail light areas and it will fit if you really want to pay for this mod. I will do this mod next summer because I cannot effort to pay for the body paint and work.

If you have better ideas, please let me know.
Thanks
Is this our man??? You've got to hand it to him for origanality. And even if you dont like it, you can tell it was quality work & probably cost a good amount.
Old 08-27-03, 07:21 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lex400sc
Those tail lights belong on a Supra. That bumper belongs in a trash compactor.
Originally posted by legendary
hey folks...

diversity is the spice of life...

while many of us do not like it, we can give him/her credit for having the cojones to chop up the car to his/her liking. You never know,your beautiful car to us can be suffering this same scrutiny on some other board. I think we should set the example....education is key. Embrace those mod-challenged

All I am saying is let's not turn this into a nYwiz style bashing. Opinions are good, but keep it tasteful.

Thanks folks
I agree with with lex400sc but legendary is also right... It may not be something we all like but at least its something diff and he (the owner) must like it... I mean would you want all of the SC to remain stock or have each one have their own little things here and there..... I am not saying I like the car as a whole but there are a few things I like.... and a few things I don't.... At least he can say he has a one of a kind

Just my 2cents
Shawn
Old 08-27-03, 08:37 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

I have to say that it looks nice, but without those fog lights.
Old 08-27-03, 09:58 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Not my cup o' joe, but props to whoever did the body work. The conversion looks professionally done. Did you catch to fuel filler door conversion? Looks like they took the time to make sure all the lines matched up. Someone spent many hours and many $ to do this. I'd be interested to know what's under the hood.
Old 08-27-03, 10:06 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not digging the NASCAR gas cap and the vents on the hood and stuff are overkill. I kind of like the conversion but he's got an SC430 license plate frame and Toyota emblems. I would just pop a lex emblem on there and nothing else.

He went a long way on that custom rear-end and then it looks like he lost his way with some typical ricer mods, otherwise it would be much cleaner. IMO

I hope there's some "go" to go along with all the show.
Old 08-27-03, 10:16 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by joeyc2
do u know where he got that cf lip? or whatever that piece is called under hes bumper.
hey joey,
they have those cf diffusers here: http://www.importfan.com/subcatmfg.asp?0=360&1=391&
Old 08-27-03, 01:48 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

To me, all the vents take away from the clean lines. Not a huge fan of the fogs and high beams either.

I like the tail light conversion. Something different and it's very cleanly done. Some serious time and money was spent on this mod. It flows with the body line and is unique.
Old 08-27-03, 02:06 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I thought the supra rear ruined the body lines... maybe it was the underbumper thing though. The yellow has to go though too.

Definitely different. It seems like we've been seeing more ugly screwed up sc's on the forum lately than clean and nice ones.
Old 08-27-03, 02:46 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by tggoodrich
Hmm, I thought the supra rear ruined the body lines... maybe it was the underbumper thing though. The yellow has to go though too.

Definitely different. It seems like we've been seeing more ugly screwed up sc's on the forum lately than clean and nice ones.
To your quote I have in Bold... All I can say is wait until I get mine fully completed I am not saying it will be tomorrow or anything but when I am done it will be all redone as far as looking better then new with a few mods here and there... I can't wait and I hope I do CL proud...

Shawn

Quick Reply: Is it an SC.....or Supra?