SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is it an SC.....or Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-03, 02:48 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tggoodrich
Hmm, I thought the supra rear ruined the body lines... maybe it was the underbumper thing though. The yellow has to go though too.

Definitely different. It seems like we've been seeing more ugly screwed up sc's on the forum lately than clean and nice ones.
I gotta say, though, those are some seriously clean SC's in you sig!!!
Old 08-27-03, 02:55 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was waiting for someone to post a pic like this
Attached Thumbnails Is it an SC.....or Supra?-frank-1-copy.jpg  
Old 08-27-03, 03:31 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Default ..........

EDIT....... Forget this post... damn PC is missing up

I was going to state that the pic was not working, but after I submitted this post it worked, so NM....
Shawn

Last edited by asnatlas; 08-27-03 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-27-03, 03:54 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent work!!!! Not my cup of tea, but well done. I especially like the gas filler door, except it should be polished to a brilliant sheen. The side skirts are nice too.

Altstadt
Old 08-27-03, 06:11 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

I made a contact..... HOPEFULLY the owner will post here in the near future! So in other words, I wouldnt really post something that you wouldnt want the owner to read. I'm sure that people would have lots of questions for him. The more I see this car, the more I like it, just not the yellow though. So we'll see...
Old 08-27-03, 06:32 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by altstadt
Excellent work!!!! Not my cup of tea, but well done. I especially like the gas filler door, except it should be polished to a brilliant sheen. The side skirts are nice too.

Altstadt
I thought the gas filler door was a little too Mitsubishi Eclipsish.
Old 08-27-03, 06:34 PM
TurboSC
Lexus Test Driver

I was thinking about doing this untill I found this picture...

The SC is tooooo wide IMO the SC tails are a perfect size to fit the width of the car. The Supra lights are to small. Good body work though.
Old 08-27-03, 10:58 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by SilverBolt 219
Originally posted 09-09-02:

Title: SC EURO TailS with clear Lenses (ideas)

Is this our man??? You've got to hand it to him for origanality. And even if you dont like it, you can tell it was quality work & probably cost a good amount.
i'm pretty sure this is not him. a friend told me that he saw this car well before 9/02, and the first time i saw this car was probably before then too...
Old 08-28-03, 06:37 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

This is what happens when these cars get cheap enough that your average Honda owner can purchase one. I loved the 3 people this week who said they where buying SC's because they could put a Supra motor in it for $4,000).
Old 08-28-03, 03:04 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Onelove
This is what happens when these cars get cheap enough that your average Honda owner can purchase one. I loved the 3 people this week who said they where buying SC's because they could put a Supra motor in it for $4,000).
LOL one of my "friends" at work did this exact same thing!! but he didnt do his research and bought a sc400!! LOL what a tool...

(im not saying that 400's are bad, im just saying there is more aftermarket and possibilities for the 300's)

Kevin
Old 08-28-03, 03:43 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Din
more than you can afford pal LEXPRA!
LOL, I love that line! Best part of the whole damned movie...

Look, Supra lights do not belong on our car. If you noticed, they are sitting at the top of the rear end on the Supra and faced at a slightly upward angle. That is the way they were designed and that's how they look best. They look horrid and out of place stuffed into the middle of the rear of a coupe. And if anything differentiates the Supra from the SC, it's the fact that the Supra is a hatchback and the SC is a coupe. So why take the hackbacked portion of one car and fit it on another? Do Corvette tail lights look bad *** at bottom of Silverado bumpers? Hell no... If you absolutely have to have the blackened, circular tail lights of a Supra, do it the classy and artful way and gut the Supra lights to fabricate into the stock SC tail housing.
Old 08-28-03, 03:45 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Yeh, that's what I'm planning on doing

That's what happens when the price of a lexus drops so much lower than the price of a supra.

Last edited by 0l33l; 08-28-03 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-28-03, 05:50 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 0l33l
Yeh, that's what I'm planning on doing

That's what happens when the price of a lexus drops so much lower than the price of a supra.
You'll find out the hard way then Anyone who thinks they can have a 500 hp Supra swap in their lexus is either going to do it the wrong way, or realize that things aren't that cheap.

If I added it up, for a body kit, wheels, supra motor and new turbo setup, it came to about 15k to do it "cheap but right"
Old 08-28-03, 06:17 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

You'll find out the hard way then Anyone who thinks they can have a 500 hp Supra swap in their lexus is either going to do it the wrong way, or realize that things aren't that cheap.

If I added it up, for a body kit, wheels, supra motor and new turbo setup, it came to about 15k to do it "cheap but right"
Yeh, i've been doing calculations for the past few days. After I get it I'm gonna drive it for a year and then sell the engine and transmission and buy supra ones. I know it will cost a lot. The body kit comes later. First performance mods, then rice mods
Old 08-28-03, 08:23 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 0l33l
Yeh, i've been doing calculations for the past few days. After I get it I'm gonna drive it for a year and then sell the engine and transmission and buy supra ones. I know it will cost a lot. The body kit comes later. First performance mods, then rice mods
Good luck selling the GE motor and trans... i dont think youll get too much for those. But good luck on your project, estimate about 1000$-1500$ more to your total for unexpected things.
Kevin

Quick Reply: Is it an SC.....or Supra?