SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What should I do?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-03, 09:09 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Ebanks
This is hillarious. You are drunk at 4:45am and I am at work almost 12 hours into a shift!

-Ethan
Yep, that was a good party last night... We, Chicago Lexus Club members can really party. Gotta go. I have a little headache.

Chris
Old 08-31-03, 11:38 AM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Motec does a whole heap of data logging though doesn't it? Personally I think for the price they charge it should look a little nicer too.

Why would you swap the stock instruments for the Stack? Personally I think the Stack is way overpriced, though maybe I don't know all of its features??

If you want to swap rear brakes, I'd be happy to although someone has already offered you some for free The AC vent pieces (at least here in Australia) are surprisingly expensive. Like REALLY expensive.

According to the Australian Soarer Club, someone over here is making CF hoods for about 700 US dollars. I don't have many details though.

First thing I would do is a CD player if you daily drive it
Old 08-31-03, 02:01 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

This is hillarious. You are drunk at 4:45am and I am at work almost 12 hours into a shift!

-Ethan
Dang 12hr shift were do you work? I think you should just drive your car for a while. You have spent so much on it already and it has been sitting at SP for ever. Now is the time to drive it then do the other stuff.
Old 08-31-03, 02:47 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Fred Smith
The Motec does a whole heap of data logging though doesn't it? Personally I think for the price they charge it should look a little nicer too.

Why would you swap the stock instruments for the Stack? Personally I think the Stack is way overpriced, though maybe I don't know all of its features??

If you want to swap rear brakes, I'd be happy to although someone has already offered you some for free The AC vent pieces (at least here in Australia) are surprisingly expensive. Like REALLY expensive.

According to the Australian Soarer Club, someone over here is making CF hoods for about 700 US dollars. I don't have many details though.

First thing I would do is a CD player if you daily drive it
The motec does do logging, which for me is unnecessary because I can do that with the speed pro.

The AC vents are really expensive here too, I would probably have like close to $1000 in AC vents and a wood trim piece I need!

-Ethan
Old 08-31-03, 02:48 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by AzLex
Dang 12hr shift were do you work? I think you should just drive your car for a while. You have spent so much on it already and it has been sitting at SP for ever. Now is the time to drive it then do the other stuff.
I work 14 hour shifts sat, sun, and mon, and every other tuesday for overtime. I work in a Sleep Study lab.

-Ethan
Old 08-31-03, 07:25 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

So what does the Stack do for all that money that the stock gauges don't?

I've seen the Stack installed and I'm not really a big fan of the numeric readings.. graphic is much better.. you don't have to think about it. Boost would be particularly worthless. I hate to say it, but I'd rather have the stock stuff and a few pillar gauges than the Stack.
Old 09-01-03, 06:09 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work 14 hour shifts sat, sun, and mon, and every other tuesday for overtime. I work in a Sleep Study lab.

-Ethan
LOL, looks like you have a work sched like me, my normal days are 3 12 hrs days that rotate with Sundays as OT... Lately I been working almost 14 to 15 hrs a day on avg and working more then 4 days a wk, like this wk I am working 6 days in a row, so like 72+ hrs just this wk... I like it because of the money since I have no life but I hate it because I have no time for my projects on my car I been working on my audio/PC project for over 2 months now The wk after I started this project, work started giving me alot more hrs and since I am saving for a house I been taken all I can get....

GL on your mods, and keep us updated I can't wait to see it finished...
Shawn
Old 09-01-03, 06:08 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Fred Smith
So what does the Stack do for all that money that the stock gauges don't?

I've seen the Stack installed and I'm not really a big fan of the numeric readings.. graphic is much better.. you don't have to think about it. Boost would be particularly worthless. I hate to say it, but I'd rather have the stock stuff and a few pillar gauges than the Stack.
For me the stack would accomplish a few things.

1. I don't like big tachs and the stock tach will not work now that I have gone distributorless. Currently I have the Defi tach with playback and peak hold, but I don't want to have that big tach in the car forever.

2. I don't like having A Pillar gauges, and even if I did I would have to come up with a way to mount them to my roll cage (which is in the way of the A pillar) without looking bad. There is not really anywhere else to put them that would be relatively easy to see other than where the stock gauge cluster is.

3. I don't like having multiple gauges all over the place, it is too hard to reference them quickly.. With the stack I will have one unit that will take the place of me having 5 or possibly 6 seperate gauges in various places, and the warning feature will be all in one place.. I see a warning go off, I let of the gas and check my peak hold values to see what was up. With multiple gauges the warnings may be out of line of site, and I wouldn't be able to see them as readily.

4. It comes with a wheel speed sensor for the speedometer, so even if I go from a 26" tire to a 28" or if I switch rear ends my speedo will continue to measure speed accurately.

5. It also comes with a fuel level sensor that I could use easily if I went to a fuel cell instead of my stock fuel cell, if I decide to do that ever it gives me that option.

-Ethan
Old 09-02-03, 11:43 AM
AzLex
Lead Lap

2. I don't like having A Pillar gauges, and even if I did I would have to come up with a way to mount them to my roll cage (which is in the way of the A pillar) without looking bad. There is not really anywhere else to put them that would be relatively easy to see other than where the stock gauge cluster is.

-Ethan
Does anyone make A Piller guage pods for the SC?
Old 09-02-03, 12:06 PM
DIrEctQL

Does anyone make A Piller guage pods for the SC?
Good question. However I would really miss the handles on the piller.
Old 09-02-03, 07:46 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Good question. However I would really miss the handles on the piller.
How ofter do you use the one the drivers side?
Old 09-02-03, 09:07 PM
Fred Smith
Pole Position

A company here makes them for the right hand pillar, but I guess that's not much good to you huh?
Old 09-02-03, 09:13 PM
DIrEctQL

How ofter do you use the one the drivers side?
Yeah... just for looks. I am sure there is a different place where one can put it. I know they are nice but I wouldn't want to hack my car up.

Chris