SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Electric fan wiring -- Where am I making a mistake here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-20, 01:50 PM
needswork
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric fan wiring -- Where am I making a mistake here?

I'm wondering if somebody can help me figure out why my electric fans aren't turning on when I bench test the wiring. For reference, the wiring diagram is attached to this post. I have parts MFA102 (185 degree temp switch), MFA111 (dual fan adapter harness) and a dual fan setup from them as well. I do not have a Condenser Fan Harness.I think I've wired everything up correctly, but when I boil water on the stove and try to bench test it, the fans won't turn on. In the link above for the wiring diagram, I've wired it up based on the largest diagram, which is "Two Fans with A/C, without Fan Pressure Switch with Positive Switched Compressor". That said, there is a diagram for JUST the thermo switch and not a dual fan adapter that is also similar, and because you can do just the thermo switch and a single fan, I'm making the assumption that I can use the dual fan adapter harness without the condenser fan harness. If that's an invalid assumption, please let me know.

I recorded a video of me walking through my wiring, but I can't upload it here because it's too big. I have a shareable Google Drive link, if that's allowed but this is my first post and I think the rules don't allow that so I'm going to refrain for now and try to upload some pictures instead.

This is the wiring, roughly laid out to match the wiring diagram, which I've posted above.

These are labelled, if poorly. If you can't read that, I can try to write it out more clearly. But again, it should roughly match the diagram.

Are there common issues that I could be running into? I'm at a loss for what to do to test this, and I can't get moving on other projects until I can get this working.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Maradyne-fan-wiring.pdf (151.2 KB, 72 views)
Old 06-20-20, 01:50 PM
needswork
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the large picture! I thought I had resized it in the post editor...