SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What would you choose - SC400 or NSX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 02:26 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in what kristalys is thinking. Haven't seen him reply in a while. He's the one making the decision right?
I think it really depends on what he's using the car for. If it's for a weekend car, I doubt he'll have to ever worry about swapping a new engine into it--that is as long as he finds a decent one. In any case, i'm not car expert, but i'm guessing that over 90% of car owners never even have to worry about replacing the entire engine block, let alone on such reliable cars like the lexus SC and NSX. I don't own an NSX. I'd, however, have to agree w/ some of the ppl that have one: owning one won't be cheap. But seriously, is there anything practical about an NSX? I mean it's not like we're talking about how to save money on insurance, getting 30+ mpg's on regular gas, having enough room for grocery, etc.
This would be my breakdown from what i've read. If you want to save money, get a civic. If you want to make hp economically, get a Supra or SC. If you want enough adrenaline to keep your blood tingling, want some exclusivity, want a sexy car, then get an NSX.
haha just a newb giving completely biased info. sorry guys
Old 10-09-03, 05:45 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just goes to show...

Originally posted by Bearcat
that people have different ideas on what excellent is, because you cannot purchase an "excellent" NSX for under $30k. But...you can buy a '91 in fair to good condition with high mileage for $28-30. Any NSX, starting at 1991 that is in excellent condition with low mileage will be between $35-40, then go up from there depending on the year. I can tell that I wouldn't want to drive a long way to buy Cmputerwhiz cars only to realize what he calls "excellent."
Mine was one of those "excellent condition high mileage" cars, and I got it for half of what you're talking about.

For $30k you can get a 91-93 with LOW miles, and I'm talking 15k-40k. Dig around the NSX world for a while, you'll find out.

It's all about finding a good deal, and negotiating it into a GREAT deal. If you just go and pay what someone is asking, you're losing a lot of cash.

SR