SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-20, 02:53 PM
H00ligan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

I have a 95 sc. It recently got flooded. By flooded i mean it had so much water where the spark plugs were that you couldnt see them at all. Water in the oil, water in the intake the whole nine yards. So I got to work, drained the oil took out spark plugs, turned it over to get the water out Of the cylinders.( I did not replace the spark plugs, it could be the issue im having). I got new oil, filter, air filter and it runs. Didnt run good at first since I had 3 and 4 plug wires swapped. It runs ok after that. It has a wandering idle when you first start it the after 3 or 4 seconds its stuck at a high idle unless very little gas is applied. Ive checked for vacuum leaks and it had a few from things I forgot to hook up ( first time working on a jz) I noticed while I was working on it this car wasnt taken care of at all, even though the previous owner told me he did. While taking it apart what looked like a gauge on the bottom side of the intake next to the left valve cover broke. Not sure what it is but the heat from years baked it. Same with what I think is the idle control sensor. The sensor itself didnt break but the connector did. The inside of the connector crumbled while putting it back in. I have it in and held in with a ziptie hoping its making a connection. Back to my problem, when I give it gas it falls on it's face then picks up. Its power is there but fades in and out. Give it too much gas then let off it will stall. Please if anyone has ideas please send them my way. This is my daily and i need it back asap. I also have pics if anyone needs to see
Old 08-19-20, 04:00 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Before you are 100% sure the problem is mechanical check to see if your ECU got wet. It is located right below glove box where the passenger's feet sit on the carpet.

This video will give you an idea of how to get to the ECU.

It is rare for them to get wet and work fine even if they are allowed to air dry. If the ECU got wet you will probably need a replacement.

The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (08-19-20)
Old 08-19-20, 08:44 PM
H00ligan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the first thing I checked since i just had to replace it a month ago. A little water got in the cab but it was mostly on the drivers side. Carpet is ruined but everything else is good. I believe it is mechanical because of how it acts. I'm going to order the Idle Speed Control pigtail tomorrow and see if its the problem. Might as well since its only 10$ and easy to replace.

And if anyone could tell me whaf this is. This is the other part that broke from exposure to heat