SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turnkey 2JZ Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-20, 09:25 AM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Turnkey 2JZ Supplier

Anyone have any recommendations for a turnkey 2JZ supplier? I'm looking for a complete build turnkey. So far I found Brangers, which has decent reviews, but doesn't seem as wll known as the other shops. The only other once I can find are Induction Performance, Titan Motorsports, and Accelerate Performance. However these three seem to offer long blocks (not sure if they include ECU). Anybody have any others or have experience with those listed?
Old 11-24-20, 06:03 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts

I don't think anyone offers a turnkey 2JZ motor that's 100% warrantied that they ship to you. A lot offer engine building services, but that's about it. I've never seen anyone offer a complete package deal.
The only thing like that I can think of is that's close to that is when you ship your whole car to a major shop and they do the build/swap for you then they ship it back to you. Titan, SoundPerformance, RealSt, etc
Old 11-24-20, 07:16 PM
Accord-R
Rookie

I was looking at something like this
https://www.brangersracing.com/800-h...-key-8391.html

Here's a video on it

My goal is for someone to ship me a complete engine, harness terminated to ECU. So far Brangers looks like the only one. Real Street use to do it, but no longer does.
Old 11-24-20, 09:10 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,250 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
I don't think anyone offers a turnkey 2JZ motor that's 100% warrantied that they ship to you. A lot offer engine building services, but that's about it. I've never seen anyone offer a complete package deal.
The only thing like that I can think of is that's close to that is when you ship your whole car to a major shop and they do the build/swap for you then they ship it back to you. Titan, SoundPerformance, RealSt, etc
^^ This. And I guess Brangers can be added to that list although I know nothing about them and this is the first I have heard of them although I may just be out of the loop.

So far there have been enough 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE import engines available to allow people to do a lot of this on their own to start out. Engine harness/ECU wiring can be done DIY or through Tweak'd Performance, Panic-Wire or Wiring Specialties all of whom offer several off the shelf JZ harness swaps to specific chassis with many custom options available.

Then again the market for the parts to achieve a build is much larger than for turnkey JZ engine builds. Add to that most standard GTE engines and 92-97 GE blocks can all hit very respectable horsepower figures until 500whp nearly out of the box without being fully built (GTE more than GE out of the box) and that also narrows the potential market for full turnkey 2JZ engines.

There are many more people able to afford their builds piecemeal while taking their time than there are people willing to write checks for a shop to build out a full 800whp++ engine package for them to drop in.

It's not the same as the crate motor industry that caters to people who want built classic Ford stroker variants of the 302/5.0L and 351/5.8L or for crate GM LSx V8's and whatever else Ford, GM and Chrysler V8 and V6TT crate and aftermarket prepped engines are available. The JZ engine swap and built JZ engine community is a little more specific and niche despite the extreme popularity of the Toyota JZ engine family.

And there really is only a small market for built 2JZ drop in engines that are set up with the latest new technology. Most people would prefer this but if you don't want to go that route you will have to plan your engine build mostly on your own and put it together yourself other than the work you contract out as needed for a short block rebuild, head rebuild, etc.

Most people plan their engine and swap build out, acquire what parts they will need for it and contract out any of the really big jobs that it makes more sense for a professional shop to handle (cylinder head work and upgrades or engine wiring harnesses for instance) and the rest they assemble themselves.

This is also the case because there are so many ways to set up a JZ engine and people who want them all have their own specific twists they want to implement.
The following 2 users liked this post by KahnBB6:
Kira X (11-26-20), RudysSC (11-25-20)
Old 11-25-20, 06:03 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts

I've also never heard of BRE brangers racing. Those valve covers throw a big red flag too, as most "welded" valve covers never seal properly and are junk. Hence why you see so many OEM or billet valve cover setups.

I would probably stick with the known names in the business, Real street, Titan, Sound Performance, Induction Performance to name the big few.
The following 2 users liked this post by joewitafro:
KahnBB6 (11-25-20), RudysSC (11-25-20)
Old 11-25-20, 02:49 PM
Accord-R
Rookie

I figured it was easier to just drop ship a built motor to the shop who is going to restore the car. Maybe I'll have the engine built and then it goes to the body shop, they can just pull the engine when they paint the bay. I was trying to be frugal and only pull the engine once.

Anybody know any good shops in NY/NJ area?
Old 11-25-20, 11:20 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts

Looks like the owner of the big supra shop in NY passed away 5 years ago, so you're pretty much left to the chicago area, florida or texas. I think Florida with Induction, Titan or Real street and you can't really go wrong. I'm sure they all can help with harness and tuning solutions as well. Have them build the motor while the car is at the body shop, then send them the car for install + tuning/finishing work if you want the big baller builds, they are no stranger to them.
Old 12-03-20, 07:10 AM
ChicoAAA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently in the same boat as you I am using a shop call petrowerks up in Lindenhurst NY. They are going to rebuild the engine, plus they have an independent body shop next door that they use to paint the bay.