SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Window regulator fix for Sc models

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-07 | 12:23 PM
ehogan
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,
Ive been reading your threads as my passanger side window hsa dropped to.
I took it in to see why , the white clip had broken. well i knew that, it also bent the bar which they had to remend.
The window is still held p with a block of wood, as i now want to get new tint i am looing around for new regulators.

I might be able to mend these but i dont want to find the windows fallen after getting new tint.

I noticed a few of yo where after a way to get the regulators out, this might help.

Go to : soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/9739/12132.html?1125508831

Liz
Perth
western Australia
Old 07-20-07 | 01:18 PM
SirSamII
Driver School Candidate

I finished this repair procedure which went quite smoothly & I tested the window up & down 3 times which worked well & then all 3 other lips snapped off *^$*#^%. So I'll probably end up just buying the part.
Old 07-20-07 | 07:03 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

wow.. man i wish i knew about that link ehogan pointed out.. woulda saved me a few headaches =/
Old 07-20-07 | 07:57 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Yeah that plastic piece is a common weak point on those regulators. Ive broken and replaced to so far.
Old 08-06-07 | 04:42 PM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

When I got home from Topeka last night, I put my window up and got that sweet snap crackle pop and my window just started slowly sinking down.

I pushed it back up to the top and it didn't budge, but I've got to say it makes it a little easier on me seeing how many other people this happens to!
Old 08-29-07 | 09:10 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Great thread!

Mine died this night. I took off my door panel and yep... same problem.

But instead of JB Welding it, Im going to get a new regulator.

MY question is... How does my motor attach to the regulator? fairly easy or what?
Old 09-01-07 | 02:28 PM
Nick Lewis
Driver

Does anybody have the Toyota part number for the regulator?

Thanks
Old 09-01-07 | 03:19 PM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

I am also stuck. Exactly where karldied is at. I don't know what else to do after this. Do I take out the window? The bolt is awfully small! I rather do this than spend the money on a new regulator.

Last edited by jdmtruong; 09-01-07 at 03:21 PM. Reason: retype
Old 09-09-07 | 04:39 PM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

Hey guys I don't know if I'm in same boat but some reason my driver side window has hard time going down at night or when its cool outside. Passenger is fine. i tryed to spray some silcone spray in the window tracks to see if it helps, cause it seems like its rubbing on something on the way down, but it made a minimal difference. There is no crackling noise, just a stubburn window.

Is this the regulator beginning to fail or something else?
Old 09-12-07 | 12:55 AM
Luke_in_SD
Lead Lap

anybody know what I'm talking about?
Old 09-12-07 | 10:04 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Default Pwned!

Took Junior to football practice....SNAP....CRACKLE...POP!

It's imperative you guys take the two square bolts off with a 14mm open end wrench. after you take them off, everything falls out.

After taking out the regulator, I got stuck with the "broken tabs regulator." Looks like I'll be buying a new regulator. Sucks because the motor still works perfectly.

One note! Blue tape your tint or it may get owned! I luckily taped mine and I believe everything is A-OK.

Steve
Old 09-14-07 | 02:13 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Wow I gotta say that this was one of the easiest projects I have done. I chose to buy a new regulator through Carson!

First try took about an hour, hardest part was the square bolts on the window/regulator.

My window regulator was cracked in MANY pieces, not just on the part that holds the window, but on the plastic that connects to the motor itself.
Old 10-01-07 | 01:35 AM
phrozen
Lead Lap

so what do you guys think it is, it happened to me tonight. my window will roll down but will not roll up? i can pull the window up but will not roll up when i hit the switch. switch works but window dosent wanna go up. if i hit down on the switch the window will work normal just wont roll up on its own
Old 10-02-07 | 03:11 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

The lil green light on window switch is not lit (passanger side). This means it's not the regulator, correct? wiring/power issue?
Old 10-30-07 | 10:08 PM
myronl
Driver School Candidate

I actually tried to fix this thing myself, using the above directions. I took the panel off and couldn't figure it out. After having the window taped for a few weeks, I finally broke down and took the car to the dealer to get it fixed. It cost me $475 to get the thing replaced, but at least I was able to pay bridge toll afterwards. If you can fix it yourself, save yourself some cash - but it wasn't as easy as the pictures look.

Quick Reply: Window regulator fix for Sc models