Search this Thread

Old 12-07-20 | 09:55 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Default The 'Bullet" in 2007, 3 pics + 1

Came across these older pics

and 1 from today

Just for Kicks

Last edited by Barbary; 12-10-20 at 03:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
hsokhi (12-09-20), perfctreig (12-08-20)
Old 12-09-20 | 08:41 AM
ObSCessed
Pit Crew

Such a hot color for an SC! Age has been kind to this one for sure, what type of wax and cleaning routine do you have? Have you considered installing some side skirts and painting to match?
Old 12-09-20 | 02:27 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

This color always reminds me of the Honda "burple" from the 99-00 SI's and I just love it.
Old 12-10-20 | 03:05 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by ObSCessed
Such a hot color for an SC! Age has been kind to this one for sure, what type of wax and cleaning routine do you have? Have you considered installing some side skirts and painting to match?
Hi;
to start w the Bullet has always been a California, Bay Area garaged car. No extreme temps, basically 60 year round. Never ran anti-freeze in it. I do since I left, its snowing outside right now. The car is basically parked for the season, thinking about next GT driving season (Long Distances, at High Speeds)
I don't even think about the Bullet as an SC anymore, to me its a flat out GT

But anyway to get back to the subject; (I have time on my hands now) I try to wax it at least once for the summer and once for the winter. I wind up doing a few more times in summer.
I use a turtle wax kind of thing called something like "wash and wax" I go to the self car wash and while wet, spray the wax and wipe on portions. Best and easiest thing I've ever found
An important thing is I Armorall the whole interior at last twice a year, thats whenever I get the urge. I think that does a lot because it still looks as good on the inside as the outside. I wash it a lot and dust it a lot. I like taking care of it, keeps us tight

As far as installing things on it. The Bullet is probably as stock a 400 as is out there. It may be why itis still running as good as it is. This is the way the Japanese designed, built and wanted it to be. Thats fine w me. The only mechanical things I've done is change the wheels, everybody does that and change seats. These Yoshihara reverse wheels I really like. Its different, takes a while to get used to but the handling feels improved and I like the look more and more each day😀 . I do want to drop it down 1 inch before the driving season. if I could get it done w this crazy covid thing

Keep on Keeping on

Last edited by Barbary; 12-10-20 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-10-20 | 03:35 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by RudysSC
This color always reminds me of the Honda "burple" from the 99-00 SI's and I just love it.
Hey Rudy, good hearing from ya

I looked up that color, I never saw burple always Honda purple. Yeh different shades
I've had some come up to me and say it reminded them of the 70's Chrysler muscle cars, Super Bees and Road Runner colors (Dodge, Plymouths)
Yeh I get a lot of shout outs like "Hey man I like the color of your car". usually, younger girls, older guys In the places you would never think of. Its really wild.
Most have no idea what the car is, probably think its pretty new. I think one of the things that attracts is I've seen the color when you can absolutely see the purple and then there are when there is only a hint

Another thing that attracts, its a Police magnet, the whole car. I've got the pulled-over routine down; hands on the steering wheel stuff
oh well! I'm going to keep driving it as it is because "I Love to"
thanks Rudy

Last edited by Barbary; 12-10-20 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-10-20 | 03:49 PM
Barbary
Instructor

I'm going thru my computer files, getting a new one and found this, in one of my Drop Boxes, for sure the earliest pic of the Bullet
has the wheels I got the car with. I liked them and didn't really want to change but a friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Almost new Enkie Luxuries off his Lexus for 100 a pop
Have no idea what year this photo is but probably close to the millennium!

Thats the San Francisco Bay Bridge

Last edited by Barbary; 12-10-20 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-06-21 | 01:20 PM
Barbary
Instructor

I was thinking about these photos and the thought that 2 of them are basically 20 yrs apart boggled my mind a little,
same car, same owner, photographed by the same
and wondered if anyone else out there has this story. I, for 1, would love to see photos like that. This being a Lexus club any Lexus will do
Barbary

Last edited by Barbary; 01-06-21 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-06-21 | 02:43 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I love it Barbary. It always makes my day to see someone enjoying these cars as they wear meant to be.
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (01-06-21)