SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: Should there be an official CL Discord?
Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Discord?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-21, 07:27 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Discord?

Hey guys,

In the recent months I've had to use discord quite a bit for school purposes and joined a server which has a channel for each class in my major. It has been great help to talk to all the students in my field and work together.
This got me thinking, what if there was a CL discord server for every model and generation. I feel like it would be a really cool way to connect together and would allow people who have a quick question about something specific that maybe isn't worth creating a whole thread about to have a place to potentially get a quick answer without having to post a thread. Since its a live chat type of a situation, it might also be a cool place to have general conversations that don't necessarily have anything to do with mechanical help. Like if you see a cool car on the road, snap a pic and post on discord like 'hey check this out how cool is this'.
Has something like this ever been considered? Have we tried it and it didn't work? Is there even an interest in it? I'm curious to know and you're welcome to vote in the poll above.

FYI: this is NOT an official "Do you want this" kind of post. I'm not a moderator nor do I speak for the governing body of ClubLexus. This is just a post to satisfy my curiosity. I have no intention of using it as a petition or anything of sorts to try to force anything. (Just thought I'd clarify)
Cheers!

Last edited by - V -; 03-12-21 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-13-21, 12:40 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 189 Posts

Essentially that is just another way to try and kill the forums. This is like the "facebook group" idea, where information gets casually tossed back and forth with no long lasting recording of the conversation like a forum provides. Trust if i was chilling on voice chat and kept having a bro ask how to ebay turbocharge his 2jz i would probably lose it and be far less nice than I am on the forums where I reflect, take my time to formulate a post while I research part numbers and try to create an informational post which can be searched by future seekers of the same question.

Leave discord to playing video games with your friends in my opinion. But maybe some would enjoy the more personalized friendship that could be acquired with a car group version.
The following users liked this post:
TheEye (03-14-21)