SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What do dislike about your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-03, 01:48 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

There's no need for me to waste my time to draft something fancy for kids like you.

Jon

Originally posted by BoNgBlAzE
That looks like an incomplete sentence to me.

:Owned:
Old 10-21-03, 01:52 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

/yourself

obviously you have never ran into any real cars on the street
I thought all cars are real cars. I think you should tone down your responses.

Originally posted by Baby ///M3
Put it less sophisticately in plainer English.

What I was saying is most drivers on the road today are not Schumacher and lack the skills to fully utilize their cars' potential.

In other words, cars that are easier to drive/go fast will win 90% of the time in the hands of ordinary drivers under ordinary circumstances.

Jon
This is your opinion. Unless you can prove to us by showing some kind of data. I think it's safe to think that not everyone agrees with your opinion so therefor you should respect someone's opinion.

Both of you need to take a step back and relax. Of course, that is only my opinion and moderators may not agree.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 10-21-03 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-21-03, 01:59 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After watching the Raiders last night, I needed a good laugh.
Thanks guys
Old 10-21-03, 01:59 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

I do respect opinions from others. That's why I did not refute to all the other posts I disagreed with in a negative manner.

However, I do not appreciate sarcasm, witty comments, and personal attacks directed against me.

Jon

Originally posted by DIrEctQL

This is your opinion. Unless you can prove to us by showing some kind of data. I think it's safe to think that not everyone agrees with your opinion so therefor you should respect someone's opinion.

Both of you need to take a step back and relax. Of course, that is only my opinion and moderators may not agree.

Chris
Old 10-21-03, 02:02 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Baby ///M3
I do respect opinions from others. That's why I did not refute to all the other posts I disagreed with in a negative manner.

However, I do not appreciate sarcasm, witty comments, and personal attacks directed against me.

Jon
Yes, but I think we can all see what he did as much as you. This creates an opinion about him by the moderators because yes, they are watching like a hawk. Now, there is an old saying "don't touch ****** and your finger won't smell.

Chris
Old 10-21-03, 02:03 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

I get the hint Chris.

Thanks for sorting things out.

Regards,

Jon

Yes, but I think we can all see what he did as much as you. This creates an opinion about him by the moderators because yes, they are watching like a hawk. Now, there is an old saying "don't touch ****** and your finger won't smell.

Chris
Old 10-21-03, 06:03 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mrshabo
that's funny because i have a g35 and a sc300, my friend has a sc400 that i test drove and the g35 was a lot better than the sc4. i even raced both against each other. they were the same speed. i did 5 races from a dig and they were head to head. this was a 98 sc400 that i'm talking about. the g35 won 3 out of the 5 races. not by much though maybe by 1/4 of the car? so i wouldn't say the g35 is faster but they are about the same? Brakes? are you kidding me the g35 comes to a stop way before the sc4. the g35's stock brake system is awesome. suspension the g35 handles like a champ, the sc4 is nice but no in the g35's league. the sc4 feels like it's gonna flip if u take a turn too hard. the g35 feels planted on the ground. i always loved sc's but there is no way a sc can compete with a g35 in my book in preformance. just cause it's a v8 doesnt' mean it can beat the 2003's car of the year =x. the v8 has a lot of torque but so does the g35. u guys can flame me but i own both cars and have a close friend with a sc4 and he even admits the g35 is a better car.
Hey Newjack, maybe you didn't read what I said all the way though. With the mods my car has, it beats a G35 easily, although braking I'd have to test on a track. Sure didn't impress me though. Read before you speak.

Edit: I need to make an important distinction - The automatic in my car will prevent it from beating a G35 w/ 6-speed in a drag race. On the freeway, it's very clear that the G35 is outmatched.

Last edited by MadMaxSC400; 10-21-03 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-21-03, 09:24 PM
BoNgBlAzE

I thought all cars are real cars. I think you should tone down your responses.

Chris

Sorry, by real cars I meant cars with *****. An integra GSR or any acura for that matter is not classified as a "real car" to me. It blows my mind why sombody would brag about beating a car like this or even be racing one in the first place. My old car , 98 GTP , with headers, supercharger pulley, intake, and full exhaust ran in the neighborhood of mid-high 13's and is night and day faster than my sc400, but I still dont think of it as a fast car. A fast car to some is slow to others.

To each their own i guess, I just cant let false statements like "my sc400 can beat 90% of cars on the street" pass by me. Well maybe if all you race is econobox cars.
Old 10-21-03, 09:58 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Cars with ***** are not part of my discussion points. I asked you repeatedly to read my thread carefully and time after time, you not only ignored my requests, you also came back with replies and personal attacks that have nothing to do with my threads.

It's amazing how you kept emphasizing how fast you can drive and what kind of car you have/had when in fact, I was merely making a point regarding to your average street driving experiences on public roads.

False statement about SC faster than 90% of the cars out there? Open your eyes wider and go take a look outside across the country (don't give me the Beverly Hill or your rich neighborhood area that have nice cars running all over the place crap. The numbers don't stake up when you consider the rest of the country) and you tell me if a SC can really beat 90% of the cars out on the streets (cars from the 70s, 80s, and 90s) today driven by your day to day civilians.

Mind you, some people in this country don't even own or can't even afford owning a car.

The discussion I started is about the pros and cons of having a SC and how well it behaves as a daily driver, not about how well it stacks up against sports cars, and other high powered vehicles.

Before I end, let me quote my previous statements and perhaps you'll eventually understand what I was trying to say.

*****************************************************************************************************************
My SC4 is simply faster than most cars on the road today (except for similarly equipped V8 cars with auto tranny of course) again, NOT BECAUSE of its 6.9sec 0-60mph time. Instead, it's BECAUSE cars with V8 engines and auto tranny are so much EASIER TO DRIVE/GO fast than most of other cars with smaller engines.
*****************************************************************************************************************

Comprendes?

Jon

Sorry, by real cars I meant cars with *****. An integra GSR or any acura for that matter is not classified as a "real car" to me. It blows my mind why sombody would brag about beating a car like this or even be racing one in the first place. My old car , 98 GTP , with headers, supercharger pulley, intake, and full exhaust ran in the neighborhood of mid-high 13's and is night and day faster than my sc400, but I still dont think of it as a fast car. A fast car to some is slow to others.

To each their own i guess, I just cant let false statements like "my sc400 can beat 90% of cars on the street" pass by me. Well maybe if all you race is econobox cars.
Old 10-21-03, 10:07 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

i think this is off topic.

Old 10-22-03, 08:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Well said Chris. Thanks for getting this post back on track guys.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-22-03 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-22-03, 09:56 AM
SC3OO
Driver School Candidate

i hate how my sc attracts so much attention from haterz.. see alot of ese's ******* me just kuz i'm a bald asian nucca rollin in a lexo slammed on some silver rims while they're cruising up next 2 me in their bucket with chromed out hubcaps

Last edited by SC3OO; 10-22-03 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-22-03, 03:32 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha, I can relate to you on that SC300 I get mad dogged almost everyday. But what can you do, there are always gonna be haters out there. But its kinda tight when they do mad dogg you because then you know you must be rollin in style.

Tommy
Old 10-22-03, 03:48 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
Edit: I need to make an important distinction - The automatic in my car will prevent it from beating a G35 w/ 6-speed in a drag race. On the freeway, it's very clear that the G35 is outmatched.
The dumbest crap i ever heard. I love it when idiots ask me to race on freeway. Their's no actual mark, of figuring out who won.
on a drag race, thats different.. because both are compeating to beat a 1/4 mile.
on a freeway, what are you trying to beat? trying to pass the other person 4 times? trying to keep 4 cars ahead of them? I've seen so many acdients that involves street racing on freeway. I also know a few families that lost someone over some bull **** like that.

BoNgBlAzE and a few others knows what they're talking about.. Most people on this forums think their car is the best in the world, and faster then everyone. Just because its a v8 with 240hp doesnt mean its fast.
Most cars on here have BFI, ecu upgrade, header/exhaust, etc. and still push 15sec in the 1/4 mile
claming their car is fast, but drive on 18" rims.. I guess you're fast if you race on rims larger then 16 :P

Others on here are actually fast.. becaues they're turbo and pushing over 300hp. those are the type of people i respect. I have zero respect for the people that mod their NA motor and think that they will beat everything on the road. From this day, i have yet to see any proof of a fully built NA 2jz or 1uf motor in a SC series car.

oh yea. any car slower then 14sec isnt fast in my book.
oohhh you can hit 150mph on the highway.. big wooppi doo
oh yea, alot of people on here are cocky about their car. I guess they grew up very poorly, and have a lexus to show them up. Because to me, lexus, bmw, merc, etc. are all just a car.. cars are cars.. easy come easy go. That is why i tell everyon my car is a toyota. i hate it when people think that i use my car as a front. That is why i keep it dirty

Last edited by NRG; 10-22-03 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-22-03, 04:09 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

NRG put it bluntly.... but after reading the last couple pages of this thread, I'm gonna have to agree.

just my .02

Last edited by MrJohnTan; 10-22-03 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: What do dislike about your SC?