SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What do dislike about your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-03, 02:25 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Whether a car is fast to you or not it's a matter of your personal opinion.

Obviously, I respect everyone else's opinions (including yours) regardless of whether I agree or disagree with him/her or not.

I do have to make my points clear again. In no way was I suggesting the SC4's superiority over other cars in terms of performance. And I still don't have a clue why my comments invited some of you to get so excited about comparing and contrasting 0-60mph and 1/4 mile numbers.

I am not stupid. I've spent almost 20 years in school (some of you probably are not even 20 years old yet). If I want to know which car performs better and what's fast, I can do my own researches on papers.

The point is again, my comments and opinions are about how the SC4 behaves as a daily driver, not how it stacks up against other cars in performance limits. To me, as long as I can easily drive my SC4 at a not-so-sluggish and fairly decent speed without sacrificing any comfort, I am happy.

True, there are plenty of cars out there that can do 0-60mph in 5 or even 4 seconds. But do I care? No. All it matters is that I think the SC4 is one of the few cars that performs relatively well when in fact, its purpose is actually to provide luxury/style to its drivers.

Other people can bust their ***** or rev their engine to death in their 4 sec cars. That's fine with me.

For me, I would rather spend that extra second to get to 60mph as long as I am a comfortable driver.

And lastly, I don't think most of the magazine quoted performance numbers mean anything for the purpose of comparing cars that are being driven on public roads anyway. For instance, any S2000 driver in his right mind wouldn't rev. his engine to 5k RPM all the time just to prove to others that he has a 5.7 sec car when the light turns green. If that's the case, then the SC4 is simply a faster car in this context because in my opinion, it's certainly a lot easier for an average driver to take a SC4 to 60mph from standstill in 7 sec. (even though it could do 0-60mph quicker than 7 sec.) than having him do the same in a S2000. That's what I meant when I said SC4 is a fast car.

Jon

Originally posted by NRG

BoNgBlAzE and a few others knows what they're talking about.. Most people on this forums think their car is the best in the world, and faster then everyone. Just because its a v8 with 240hp doesnt mean its fast.
Most cars on here have BFI, ecu upgrade, header/exhaust, etc. and still push 15sec in the 1/4 mile
claming their car is fast, but drive on 18" rims.. I guess you're fast if you race on rims larger then 16 :P

Others on here are actually fast.. becaues they're turbo and pushing over 300hp. those are the type of people i respect. I have zero respect for the people that mod their NA motor and think that they will beat everything on the road. From this day, i have yet to see any proof of a fully built NA 2jz or 1uf motor in a SC series car.

oh yea. any car slower then 14sec isnt fast in my book.
oohhh you can hit 150mph on the highway.. big wooppi doo
oh yea, alot of people on here are cocky about their car. I guess they grew up very poorly, and have a lexus to show them up. Because to me, lexus, bmw, merc, etc. are all just a car.. cars are cars.. easy come easy go. That is why i tell everyon my car is a toyota. i hate it when people think that i use my car as a front. That is why i keep it dirty [/B]
Old 10-29-03, 12:07 AM
XvWesvX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care if its fast or not! I just dont want it to be slow. My ES isnt slow, everyone that i have raced expect for an M3 I have beaten. Really what does a fast car get you? Bad gas mileage? speeding tickets?
Old 10-29-03, 06:14 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by XvWesvX
I dont care if its fast or not! I just dont want it to be slow. My ES isnt slow, everyone that i have raced expect for an M3 I have beaten. Really what does a fast car get you? Bad gas mileage? speeding tickets?

You don't care if it's fast, but you race ppl? And your ES300 has beaten everyone you've raced except one car? Go away man...
Old 10-29-03, 06:26 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

lol your es must have some FI or something cause i have one too and no way is that car fast. the es is a comfortable car though. abuse it a few times and you feel that tranny messing up. it starts to shift rougher especially in the 1-2nd gear
Old 10-29-03, 02:09 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Lex Luthor: LOL nice one
Old 10-29-03, 02:58 PM
FaceUT
Pole Position

Here's another angle on this thread...

What design flaws do you feel the SC300/400 has?

1) Cracking Air Vents
2) Door seals (beneath window) tend to crack
3) Blinking dash lights

....all have been mentioned.

What other design flaws do you feel the car possesses?
Old 10-29-03, 03:25 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

door seals? you mean weather strip? thats normal ware on all cars..

what about the heavy door? i think it was mention..
i closed my door at school, and ripped my door panel off lol
Attached Thumbnails What do dislike about your SC?-img_0013.jpg  
Old 10-29-03, 04:01 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by NRG
door seals? you mean weather strip? thats normal ware on all cars..

what about the heavy door? i think it was mention..
i closed my door at school, and ripped my door panel off lol
that door panel is rice!
Old 10-29-03, 04:05 PM
Pyroneer
Rookie

If I haven't read all of the other comments in about thirty other threads before this one, I just might have missed the humor in that last statement.
Old 10-29-03, 04:08 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Pyroneer
If I haven't read all of the other comments in about thirty other threads before this one, I just might have missed the humor in that last statement.
its an inside thing
Old 10-29-03, 07:59 PM
Shellhouse
Pole Position

I dislike the squeaking clutch pedal. Greased the hell out of it and it still squeaks. Changed the pivot pin and bushing, which helped for a while, but it seems to be worn out already (noticable play). Everything was thoroughly lubed when installing. This **** is driving me up the wall!

Also dislike the cracking door panels and door light mounts that always break. Then, there are the AMBER bulbs in the cluster, etc.
Old 10-29-03, 08:49 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i dislike the sc400s but love the sc300.
Old 10-29-03, 09:08 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MrJohnTan
that door panel is rice!

Hehe, good one MrJohnTan
Old 10-30-03, 12:46 AM
XvWesvX
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
You don't care if it's fast, but you race ppl? And your ES300 has beaten everyone you've raced except one car? Go away man...

Yea my ES is faster than the crappy cars that my friends drive and thoes retards with their lame rice rockets. And yeah I dont care if its fast! Yes I do race people on the street, but I don't waste my time taking my car to the track. If I really wanted a fast car I would get a Porsche. I don't understand the reasoning in getting a car that is auto and dumping large sums of money into mods. I think it would just be better blow a **** load of money on a car that is already fast. I haven't ever done any mods. So, I will never know for sure if its wroth it or not. The only good thing I can see with mods is the enjoyment of installing them.
Old 10-30-03, 02:51 AM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by XvWesvX
I dont care if its fast or not! I just dont want it to be slow. My ES isnt slow, everyone that i have raced expect for an M3 I have beaten. Really what does a fast car get you? Bad gas mileage? speeding tickets? .
I dont think you could dig yourself out of that post.

Quick Reply: What do dislike about your SC?