SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

we now have 1 less 5 speed sc300 around...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-03, 11:12 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's true, but it's good that Hamid isn't jus being selfish about it... Yes, I know he wants and WELL DESERVES compensation, but that doesn't mean ruining the other kid's life over it. I was in a boat accident July 2, 2001; a friend of mine hit us. I was in my Dad's boat, so he got the settlement $$ but I got $500 for doctors bills and pain & suffuring... that's pretty fair, I think.
Old 10-21-03, 11:38 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by RSTSpeed
That's true, but it's good that Hamid isn't jus being selfish about it... Yes, I know he wants and WELL DESERVES compensation, but that doesn't mean ruining the other kid's life over it. I was in a boat accident July 2, 2001; a friend of mine hit us. I was in my Dad's boat, so he got the settlement $$ but I got $500 for doctors bills and pain & suffuring... that's pretty fair, I think.
Have you ever got hit in the back by someone? It's not about greed, it's about life in pain. Ask a doctor and see what he says. If you call my insurance company to report a claim at some point they will take you to a menu where they ask you to press:

1. If you got hit in the rear while you were stopped.
2. All other accidents.

... and my insurance is Allstate.

Chris
Old 10-21-03, 01:48 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

I was in an accident like that... and yea at first my back was just sore... and i figured it would go away but still even now... I get these really sharp pains and muscle spasms from my back that are excruciating... I mean yea I'm still alive and for the most part i can do what i need to do but having to live with excruciating pain because of some dumbass driver... i should recieve all the compensation i can get... its not his money its the insurance company's... and hey we all pay them more than enough!!
Old 10-21-03, 02:11 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're ok, these cars must be solid, because rear ended at 50mph+, I'm surprised the gas tank didn't break. Take care of your back, you only have one.
Old 10-21-03, 04:15 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Sue the guy who hit you or his insurence company.
Old 10-21-03, 04:37 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear of the death of your SC3....but it gave it's life to save yours. Glad your alive & walking & talking. Go see the Dr. ASAP!! You never know what kind of complications you may have later. I understand that you have no desire to soak the kid, and thats good. Just don't sell yourself short...make sure you get what is right and fair. (medical bills, lost wages, actual damages) Good luck with whatever route you choose to go.
Old 10-21-03, 06:06 PM
lawman
Driver

Originally posted by rushgator2112
Sorry to hear of the death of your SC3....but it gave it's life to save yours. Glad your alive & walking & talking. Go see the Dr. ASAP!! You never know what kind of complications you may have later. I understand that you have no desire to soak the kid, and thats good. Just don't sell yourself short...make sure you get what is right and fair. (medical bills, lost wages, actual damages) Good luck with whatever route you choose to go.
Exactly! Go see a Dr. right away... trust me. No matter what the result is you will be better off taking care of yourself today then having to deal with this latter. Hopefully, all will be well and you will be in tip top shape... but trust me, if you don't go now or soon to a Dr. and you try to bring up a back injury later on 6 months down the road, you can count on the fact that you not going to seek medical help after this accident will be used against you - I would. You are just protecting yourself in this situation. Of course this is just my humble opinion.
Old 10-21-03, 11:42 PM
hamid
Pole Position

saw a doctor, he says he will have to wait and see what happens, he gave me pain medication and some anti-inflamitory, and said come back in 10-14 days for xrays if i still have problems, he also said to get a lawyer to take care of this matter in its entirety....

Hamid
Old 10-22-03, 08:43 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by hamid
saw a doctor, he says he will have to wait and see what happens, he gave me pain medication and some anti-inflamitory, and said come back in 10-14 days for xrays if i still have problems, he also said to get a lawyer to take care of this matter in its entirety....

Hamid
Yeah man. This will come to hunt you sooner or later in your life. I think most people think you sue other just to get the money out, but honestly it is not always the truth. His insurance will cover him. Best of luck to you!

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 10-22-03 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-24-03, 12:16 PM
civicminded
Driver School Candidate

That sucks about you car but as for you back ,once you injure it, it doesn't get any better. All fixes for the back including surgery are only temporay. I work in the orthopedic industry and see patients daily with back injury's. You should get a lawyer and sue for the max and put the money away for future medical expenses. Average cost of back surgery(one level fusion) 30K. That doesnt include hospital and medical equipment. I dont mean to sound negative but dont sell yourself short. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Sean
Old 10-24-03, 12:40 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Suing someone is not the end all to their life. That's the reason they have insurance. As long as your medical bills and pain and suffering do not come out to more than their maximum coverage, they won't pay a dime except the deductible and insurance increase because of the accident.

I would gladly give back all the money I got from my accident last year to have my body back. Since I can't, might as well try to enjoy as much a possible. Don't sign anything from his insurance company until you have someone go over who has an understanding of the law. Even though you are trying to take the high road, they'll still try and screw you. Don't give up any of your rights to sue in the future. You never know.
Old 10-24-03, 12:42 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default good post

back pain is no joke, and i will have it for the remainder of my days on this earth. I was in a wreck and come to find out two disks shifted, and i was in pain which slowly grew from not so bad to worse. surgery was no joke either. almost died from complications to the oxycontin and morphene. Just because you don't hurt now, who cares, get it checked out. I wasn't being greedy, but i tell you, when you tell someone to slow down 3 times, and they don't listen...its not your fault when you crack your head open and have to get stitches on your forehead, plus live with a messed up back
Old 10-24-03, 04:13 PM
strongsail
Instructor

In another thread, on" what you don't like about your SC," sombody complained about the location of the gas tank - you are living, walking proof that the tank is in *exactly* the right place. Hit from behind at that speed, in a less well-designed car, and you might have been one toasted puppy - - the whole ordeal is horrible to go through, but thanks to your car for saving your butt - -
Old 10-24-03, 08:40 PM
hamid
Pole Position

i think the gas tank issue was not important in this accident because i was hit by a new dakota, it is higher from the ground then lets say another sc300, had it been a lower car, situation could have been different, who knows....

Hamid