SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

we now have 1 less 5 speed sc300 around...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 06:26 PM
hamid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we now have 1 less 5 speed sc300 around...

a few hours ago, i got rear ended, i was still, and the car that hit me was going about 50 MPH, shot my car off into some woods, the trunk was in the back seat and the front had huge deep gashes, and cracked and such. i am ok for the most part when the back glass broke, i got covered in it so i have a bunch of small cuts. I was trapped in the car breifly because this was real thicket i got stuck in, my door barely opened and to get out, i had to go thru a series of thorn bushes and barbed wire. i feel violated......insurance companies dont care if you have a 5 speed sc300, they could care less, they dont realize their scarce-ness.....

well i am recoopin, i am doin ok i guess, but i miss my baby all ready, with in the past 2 months i have done new clutch, new belt tensioner and belt (422 bux), 4 new tires (850), and a lexus service which was a combo of 60K and 90K maintanance (~700). so i hope insurance will consider those expenditures....

i will try to post pics later...

Hamid
Old 10-20-03, 06:42 PM
JYOO
Pole Position

Damn that suuucks. Glad youre ok tho. Sounds like your car is going to be totalled. I work for a insurance co. so make sure u have or get a hold of those repeipts for your services, they will have an effect on your total loss settlement check.
Old 10-20-03, 07:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Glad you're OK, sorry to hear about your misfortune!
Old 10-20-03, 07:46 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about that. You might luck out like I did though and end up with a better SC that you started with. Use the different used car web sites to get an accurate price on your car. Don't settle for a penny less. I went back and forth with Allstate till I got a fair price. You'll get your deductible back from the other guys insurance company.

You will probably be hurting tomorrow morning. That's how long it took for my neck and back to start hurting. You might want to consider hiring a lawyer it the other guys insurance company starts giving you the run around.
Old 10-20-03, 08:19 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I hope you're OK. Why did the guy hit you going 50 mph?

Ed
Old 10-20-03, 09:03 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear you escaped with minor injuries... sorry to hear about the car. Vegas is right, you may just end up with a car that his lower miles and such. Plus, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we'd rather have one less SC 5-spd around than one less Hamid around! Thats the most important thing.
Old 10-20-03, 09:06 PM
hamid
Pole Position

Originally posted by SC300Es
Sorry to hear that. I hope you're OK. Why did the guy hit you going 50 mph?

Ed
there was another accident earlier and the guy was rubber neckin and looking at that, it was between 50-60 mph that i got hit. my car went quite a distance from a stop, and could barely be seen from the road how engulfed in the damn jungle on the side of the road it was.

i appreciate all the kind comments, and i will be searching for a new SC soon......i already had 2 herniated disks in my back, and my back is killing me now, i am going to hit up the doctor tommarow...
Hamid
Old 10-20-03, 09:20 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Is there a medical record of the herniated disks? If not then you should see a lawyer and have him hook you up with "his" doctors. I hate frivolous law suits but if you're suffering from a pre existing condition the other insurance company will not pay barely anthing. As far as I'm concerned, if you're hurt you should get paid.
Old 10-20-03, 11:08 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Glad you're ok bud. That's a pretty bum deal you got, though. I hope everything gets settled to your satisfaction.
Old 10-20-03, 11:31 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like a pretty bad accident. i'm glad to hear you're ok
Old 10-21-03, 04:35 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you're OK. As Faraaz23 said, better one less SC than one less hamid. Hope you can find another 5 spd; I still miss mine almost 3 years later!

And, speaking as a physician, DO see your doctor. Proper treatment early on can hasten recovery. And don't let the other guy's insurance push you into a rapid settlement for your medical bills. You and your physician should both be in agreement that you've completely recovered from all injuries!
Old 10-21-03, 06:52 AM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

Glad you are ok. If you were in something like say a 2 door civic, you might not be walking too well at this moment. The trunk would have ended up in the engine bay. My dad (body shop guy) told me that the SC is a very very solid car.
Old 10-21-03, 07:54 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: we now have 1 less 5 speed sc300 around...

Originally posted by hamid
a few hours ago, i got rear ended, i was still, and the car that hit me was going about 50 MPH, shot my car off into some woods, the trunk was in the back seat and the front had huge deep gashes, and cracked and such. i am ok for the most part when the back glass broke, i got covered in it so i have a bunch of small cuts. I was trapped in the car breifly because this was real thicket i got stuck in, my door barely opened and to get out, i had to go thru a series of thorn bushes and barbed wire. i feel violated......insurance companies dont care if you have a 5 speed sc300, they could care less, they dont realize their scarce-ness.....

well i am recoopin, i am doin ok i guess, but i miss my baby all ready, with in the past 2 months i have done new clutch, new belt tensioner and belt (422 bux), 4 new tires (850), and a lexus service which was a combo of 60K and 90K maintanance (~700). so i hope insurance will consider those expenditures....

i will try to post pics later...

Hamid
Sounds like a great case for court. If the insurance can't help you with all the extra expences you just put down on the car you can always sue. I sure would.

Chris
Old 10-21-03, 09:42 AM
hamid
Pole Position

the only thing i may go to court for is for getting a better settlement on my car based on replacement value plus the money i put into it not long ago. i have been blessed with parents that will help me in this situation. i know this kid from long ago, even though he doesnt know me, he is not as lucky as i am, i am not going to sue for anything else that would cause him trouble, his life is already had a bad turn.....

my back in just a bit tense it actually started to feel better this morning, insurance people called and said i have until the end of the week to see a doctor if i want to, i will go to one as soon as i have time, way too much school work....

thanks for the thoughts and comments guys!

Hamid
Old 10-21-03, 09:54 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by hamid
the only thing i may go to court for is for getting a better settlement on my car based on replacement value plus the money i put into it not long ago. i have been blessed with parents that will help me in this situation. i know this kid from long ago, even though he doesnt know me, he is not as lucky as i am, i am not going to sue for anything else that would cause him trouble, his life is already had a bad turn.....

my back in just a bit tense it actually started to feel better this morning, insurance people called and said i have until the end of the week to see a doctor if i want to, i will go to one as soon as i have time, way too much school work....

thanks for the thoughts and comments guys!

Hamid
Well, sorry to say this to you, but your back will never be the same. People I know have problems with their back after 20 mph rear hit. You may feel sorry for this kit, but what sane/awake person would hit you in the rear at 50 mph? His insurance (if he has one) should cover him for a nice round number, so the worst he will get is get dropped from the insurance.

Chris

Quick Reply: we now have 1 less 5 speed sc300 around...