SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1994 sc400 whining noise after new radio install

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-22, 04:27 AM
Justinsc4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 sc400 whining noise after new radio install

Hi everyone so Installed a new pioneer touch screen stereo with apple car play into my 94 sc400 but I am having a whine noise coming from the speakers at idle and acceleration. I think this is an alternator whine caused by a bad ground in the amp? If so should I just replace the amp with another stock amp and would that solve my issue? Thanks
Old 11-11-22, 06:35 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Have you already installed a ground loop isolator in your new stereo setup? I have had one of these in my SC with both the OEM Pioneer stereo after I put in the aux jack modification and also my current aftermarket stereo.

I also once had to replace the OEM Pioneer 1 Ohm subwoofer's amplifier with a new one after hearing some odd noises. These OEM sub-amplifiers are or were still available on eBay last I looked. FInd a new one if you can. If not then it is always possible to rewire the vehicle's sound system a bit to accept an aftermarket and much more common subwoofer.

However what you describe sounds much more like the noise I was getting before I installed a ground loop isolator. You can get one of these extremely common things from Sonic Electronics, Crutchfield, Radioshack's online store (mine is a Radio Shack model), or Amazon.
The following users liked this post:
Justinsc4 (11-11-22)
Old 11-11-22, 06:58 PM
Justinsc4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Have you already installed a ground loop isolator in your new stereo setup? I have had one of these in my SC with both the OEM Pioneer stereo after I put in the aux jack modification and also my current aftermarket stereo.

I also once had to replace the OEM Pioneer 1 Ohm subwoofer's amplifier with a new one after hearing some odd noises. These OEM sub-amplifiers are or were still available on eBay last I looked. FInd a new one if you can. If not then it is always possible to rewire the vehicle's sound system a bit to accept an aftermarket and much more common subwoofer.

However what you describe sounds much more like the noise I was getting before I installed a ground loop isolator. You can get one of these extremely common things from Sonic Electronics, Crutchfield, Radioshack's online store (mine is a Radio Shack model), or Amazon.

thank you for the information! I will look into getting a ground loop isolator as well as a new oem amp for now until I decide if I want to redo the whole sound system. So how exactly do I need to install the ground loop isolator? just to make sure I’m doing this right.