SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Yet Another Wiring Harness Relocation Thread NO START

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-23, 02:19 PM
reverted
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet Another Wiring Harness Relocation Thread NO START. Help!

When I go to turn the key over I get nothing!

Like many, I lowered my car via coilovers and went drifting. Last event I rubbed through the wiring harness in the driver's side wheel well. I've read through all the relevant threads here and have relocated that harness. When I did this, I repaired ALL wires that were damaged. And yes I mean all. I have checked all wires from where they meet at the windshield wiper filler location all the way to each plug at the kick panel. Any damaged wire, I replaced with the identical gauge and soldered the joint and shrink-wrapped.

I have checked (many times) every fuse under the hood, and under the dash, and all are working correctly. I have checked all my relays, and by this I mean I supplied power and ensured they clicked, and used volt meter to confirm they are good.

I can remove the starter relay under the hood, and jump 1 & 2 while the key is on, and the car will start crank over and start right up. This would sound like my starter relay is bad, but I have three of them, and have checked each one over and over again, and they are ALL good.

What the heck am I missing? Everything else in the car works, steering wheel adjustments, lights, cigarette lighter, dome lights, it got it all, but my key won't start they dang thing! I can provide any more information you would need, but man I am really at a loss here, and any help would be amazing!

Thanks!

Last edited by reverted; 02-07-23 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-08-23, 07:42 PM
00goobs
Intermediate

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Old 02-09-23, 11:47 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

I had the same issue after I repaired my harness and here's a quick recommendation... I know it sounds silly, but check all of those wires ONE MORE TIME (just in case). Secondly - when I rubbed through my harness it halfway unplugged the main connector under the driver side of the dash that clicks into the footwell area on the LH side when looking at the driver footwell. Put your hands on all of those connectors and make sure they're seated correctly - you may get lucky just like I did and find something not fully seated.

Hopefully that helps!