97 Front End Upgrade Details

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 11:54 AM
snook
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Front End Upgrade Details

Hi guys,

Ready to do the conversion since my veilside front bumper is messed up.
BTW I have it for sale for cheap if anyone wants to repair the fiberglass.

Did some searching and see a lot of people buy their front end from Carson toyota. Is this the cheapest place? Also what about the foglights and grille where is the cheapest place to get them from? What are their prices?

I read I can trim the foam and reuse that. Are there any other parts I'll need to order besides the front bumper, fogs and grille?

Just one last check before I order it this week.

Thanks

Last edited by snook; 03-18-09 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-18-09, 12:02 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you've searched hard enough. This thread comes up at least 2x a month.
Old 03-18-09, 12:06 PM
snook
Racer

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
I don't think you've searched hard enough. This thread comes up at least 2x a month.
If you dont know the answer or have anything productive to add to the thread do not reply please.
Old 03-18-09, 12:09 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by snook
If you dont know the answer or have anything productive to add to the thread do not reply please.

Damn!!!!!!!

Anyway, you can check basically any local Lexusss dealership. They all have basically about the same mark ups on their OEM parts plus after shipping you'll probably pay more from Carson.
Old 03-18-09, 01:51 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

You're in Florida, so I guess Lexus of Pembroke Pines would be much better for you to use than Carson Toyota.

$331 for the cover.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...97&catalogid=2
Old 03-18-09, 03:15 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

if i think right..its the bumper cover, trim the piece down, fogs and grille..pretty sure it just bolts right up too.

but yes..keep searching this thread comes up alot
Old 03-18-09, 03:17 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

wth calm down man. It bolts right on there.
Old 03-18-09, 06:03 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Im sorry to have to bring this up again but I am really begining to think you arent taking the time to do a thorough search. This topic has been frequently discussed. I dont see what the point is in making another thread when many more with the same information exist. I will leave this thread open just to help you out but in the future please take the time to search before you post.

Carson does have these bumpers for sale at a very reasonable price. Now I say it is reasonable because I got mine at cost from Lexus of Roseville. So its either them or you'll need to find someone with a resale account at Lexus. As for the foam, most people dont reuse it but if you wish to reuse it you can simply trim it to fit as stated above. So now you've got your bumper, you've got your grille and fogs. You might want to pick up a few of those extra plastic self tap screws that are located under the headlights so the bumper is more secure. Good luck!

Last edited by JspecSC3; 03-18-09 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-18-09, 07:01 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Sooo, you think I don't know the answer? I was being productive. I said you're not searching hard enough. In fact, this topic has been covered so many times in this forum I don't even think you searched for more than 3 minutes.

I know more about the SC in my pinky than you do in your damn body. Don't assume anything. If you don't have anything nice to say, hit me up via PM. This is one of the reasons why so many OG's don't respond anymore.
Old 03-18-09, 07:56 PM
snook
Racer

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
You're in Florida, so I guess Lexus of Pembroke Pines would be much better for you to use than Carson Toyota.

$331 for the cover.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...97&catalogid=2
Thank you sir info like this is very helpful to me as it's specific to where I live.
This forum is a drag so far compared to the others I am on for my cars (supraforums, corvetteforum, viperalley, ls1tech, rx7club) but there are a few awesome members with good intentions and attitude thank you sir.
Old 03-18-09, 08:04 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you sir info like this is very helpful to me as it's specific to where I live.
This forum is a drag so far compared to the others I am on for my cars (supraforums, corvetteforum, viperalley, ls1tech, rx7club) but there are a few awesome members with good intentions and attitude thank you sir.
Actually, this is one of the best forums on the web. Don't think that you're the big man on campus when you first come here and act all tough. No one likes that, especially when you tell someone with a lot more experience than you. You'll learn, eventually. I suggest you stop posting so you can get the feel of how the forum works so you can take your training wheels off.
Old 03-18-09, 08:07 PM
snook
Racer

I know how this forum works, bored cocky people post and tell you to search and that you are a retard, instead of being helpful to a new member and making the Lexus ownership experience more enjoyable. Im not trying to flex any muscle this isnt a competition, I dont know anything about these cars, Ive only had an auto supra tt and this is a 5 speed NA sc300...but I have had a lot of cars vipers, many vettes, 3d gen rx7s, etc etc and been on the other forums and met a lot of these car people in person. NONE have ever been as ****ty as this one. The members of this forum are rougher than some gangs Ive seen on tv
Old 03-18-09, 08:22 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Ok well I understand. But snooty comments aren't going to help your situation at all. And there have been a lot of noobs lately, and I guess it has gotten on everyone's nerves a little bit.
Old 03-18-09, 08:38 PM
OMD
Pole Position

i don't there is anything wrong and "rough" and insulting with what AutoCoutureSC said.. In fact he said it quite politely.. and he never said that you were a retard.. so cool it..
Old 03-18-09, 08:49 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Completely off topic, both of them, but hey nice MR2 OMD

Quick Reply: 97 Front End Upgrade Details