SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone heard from Jon Jones / Im2gq4u ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-09, 12:00 PM
defrag010
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard from Jon Jones / Im2gq4u ?

The classified feedback forum is closed, so this is the only place I can think of to make this post. I bought some window regulators from him on April 18th, and I got a message on the 27th saying he broke his leg and he would have them shipped out soon. I can understand how that can cause a problem, I'm not in too big of a hurry so it was no big deal.. However, he hasn't logged on to the forum since the 29th and I've sent 2 e-mails since then that haven't gotten a reply.
I'm not too worried about lost money, but I'm moving to a new state in 3 weeks and would like to make sure they don't arrive at my apartment after I move out!! Anyone know Jon, and if so, what he's doing?
Old 05-19-09, 02:02 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually bought an SC passenger inner door handle from him and have not heard from him in a WHILE... So I am in the same situation as you... Hmnnnn People with broken legs can still type.
Looks like CL member v276482 is out an Amplifier by the same guy...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...um-member.html

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 05-19-09 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 05:24 PM
defrag010
Driver

yea, I filed a paypal claim so hopefully I'll at least get $$ back
Old 05-19-09, 06:18 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Speaking of the devil, i just did the exact same thing 3 days ago and had to open a paypal dispute.
Old 05-19-09, 06:32 PM
Blurr
Driver

That sucks. Isn't that considered wire fraud? Hope you guys get your money back.
Old 05-19-09, 08:17 PM
Vortes
Lead Lap

fakest name ive ever heard
Old 05-19-09, 08:35 PM
Ryeno
Banned

atleast 30 bucks is no real loss on my part.

Last edited by Ryeno; 05-20-09 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-19-09, 11:21 PM
schwarz
Pole Position

Do any of you guys have an address for this guy (paypal verified address)?

Regarding his past posts, he seems to be 'friends' and local to user Luin on here. Now here is where it gets fishy...Luin vouched for Im2gq4u (in his sig) and got an SC4 lip from him for $1.07...in that thread Im2gq4u even said he was local to Luin who says he is in Missouri but yet Im2gq4u's location is listed as 902 (which is Nova Scotia)...also, I find it funny that this Luin and Im2gq4u carried on in this thread replying to each other within 2 minutes of each other (enough time to log in and out as different users) and Im2gq4u's last log in was 4/29 and Luin's last login was 4/23...seems to me that he was creating vouches for himself to gain the trust of this forum to get as much $$$ as possible and then run. He's probably reading this very thread under yet another ID.
Old 05-19-09, 11:29 PM
cactusmole
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by schwarz
Do any of you guys have an address for this guy (paypal verified address)?

Regarding his past posts, he seems to be 'friends' and local to user Luin on here. Now here is where it gets fishy...Luin vouched for Im2gq4u (in his sig) and got an SC4 lip from him for $1.07...in that thread Im2gq4u even said he was local to Luin who says he is in Missouri but yet Im2gq4u's location is listed as 902 (which is Nova Scotia)...also, I find it funny that this Luin and Im2gq4u carried on in this thread replying to each other within 2 minutes of each other (enough time to log in and out as different users) and Im2gq4u's last log in was 4/29 and Luin's last login was 4/23...seems to me that he was creating vouches for himself to gain the trust of this forum to get as much $$$ as possible and then run. He's probably reading this very thread under yet another ID.
^^^if thats the case, thats some real sneaky snake in the grass ****...
Old 05-20-09, 12:55 AM
$loJam
Pole Position

Willie D from the rap group Geto Boys was arrested and charged for wire fraud. I believe he is facing 20 years for this crime. He put up a shell company and acted like he was selling iphones to overseas customers via paypal. The customer never received any phones and he was eventually arrested, dumb fool. Sounds liike you boys got scammed. Contact your local police dept now and get this sob arrested. I bet he's probaly doing this to people from every other car forum on the net offering. The guy is really stupid b/c he will get caught. I hope when they find him they put him in prsion so some big fat greasy mf pushes his crap inward and has him cleaning their draws. lol
Old 05-20-09, 01:56 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jon Jones...as fake as John Smith LOL
Old 05-20-09, 01:59 AM
schwarz
Pole Position

Actually his name IS Jon Jones...and he lives in Springfield, MO (don't ask what the 902 is about)...
Old 05-20-09, 08:50 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Can anyone find his address posted anywhere? I'm from MO and could make a visit.

I'll only be out $15 bucks for the door handle, but it'd be funny..
(I'm not going to open a paypal dispute yet but that's just because of the small amount of money)

Schwarz sent me a pm with this info:

"just a heads up... doing a quick google, he is still active on a few other forums (bimmerforums, explorerforum, and a few others)his last activity was yesterday here...
http://www.v8buick.com/member.php?u=23306

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 05-23-09 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-20-09, 09:31 AM
ucfa4
Lead Lap

That sucks that people are thieves. I thought the mods were supposed to protect us from this. You guys should pm DaveGS4 he might be able to help you out.
Old 05-20-09, 09:44 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vortes
fakest name ive ever heard
Originally Posted by Kaydee
Jon Jones...as fake as John Smith LOL
HAHAHA, even though i'm not this guy, my name is Johnny Jones and no one ever believes me until I show them my I.D. Whats up with that? But I have a friend and 2 uncle's, who has it worse, their names are Mike Smith (friend) and my uncle's are Mike Jones.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard from Jon Jones / Im2gq4u ?