Driver School Candidate

Default newbie responsibility

as a newbie i have a responsibility...

hope other newbies watch this very informative video:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Old 05-29-07 | 05:06 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

it's funny how that has been reposted on here so many times...if you search hard enough you probably would find that the first one was posted like 5 years ago...of course i know this cuz i made a similar thread a couple of months ago but in the RC section
Old 05-29-07 | 05:07 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Another OLT production???
Old 06-04-07 | 08:15 PM
ProjectLex
Lead Lap

Wink

HAHA - that is funny! It reminds me of vault videos from this PC game fallout.

Anyway - kinda funny that a newbie posted a video to newbies when FiSta is saying that video has been posted here before. Kinda sounds like the same problem ALL newbies have with finding answers to their questions vs. asking the same question in a new thread.

I am saying all this with a sense of humor, so don't get your panties in a bunch OK?

Since mods and vets here always have so much advice for newbies. Here is some friendly advice and observations from a newbie whose just trying to find his way at CL.

- MAKE A SEPERATE SECTION specifically for engine swapping! Everyone is doing the swap these days.
Originally Posted by sc250tt
we should talk to some mods to make a 1j specific section .it will make searching much more easier for those who complain about not getting answers
WORD! sc250tt - you are a true pioneer!

-Instead of telling a newbie "that has been asked before, it's easy to search and find the answer" post a link to that thread. If it's so easy to find, it should take you about as much time to find it and post a link as it will reprimanding the newbie. Do something productive, help out.

AND TO NEWBIES

-The same goes for any jacka$$ newbie (like myself) who starts a new thread when they probably should not have. ONCE YOU FIND THE ANSWER TO YOUR OWN QUESTION, GO BACK AND LINK WHERE YOU FOUND THE ANSWER! That way there are not just dead threads with unanswered questions. Do the right thing newbies!

- People keep telling you over and over to use the search for a reason. It works. Try it. You'll feel a lot better when you figure things out on your own instead of having a CL vet or moderator wipe your butt for ya. Also hit ctrl F (windows) for a find function. Just type in a keyword. Pretty handy.

TO ALL

-STOP HATING! Damn. Everyone is doing different things to their cars. That is great. We want them to be different, right?! Your way is not the right way, it's just your way. Keep your ego in check. Fitments - you think everyone is EVER going to agree? I've read it before and it's true - you FL guys have issues. Keep in mind that we all share one major passion......
Old 06-04-07 | 08:50 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Ummmm Yea.....

Old 06-04-07 | 08:58 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

and as a non-newbie it is my duty to inform you this has nothing to do with an SC.

Originally Posted by neurocity
Another OLT production???
Not enough violence.