SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 09:46 PM
snook
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?

I see a lot of people using this badge.

When do you think this is suitable or acceptable on a SC?

I have to change out badges from gold to silver and was considering lexus on the left like stock, the L badge in the middle and Soarer on the right.

What do you guys think of this? Any pictures with the same thing?

Thanks
Old 09-09-09, 09:49 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

ricers, JDM yo!!!
Old 09-09-09, 09:50 PM
schwarz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by snook
I see a lot of people using this badge.

When do you think this is suitable or acceptable on a SC?
when it's built as a Soarer (by Toyota for Toyota)

Originally Posted by snook
I have to change out badges from gold to silver and was considering lexus on the left like stock, the L badge in the middle and Soarer on the right.
Lexus never made a Soarer.
Old 09-09-09, 10:07 PM
Ryeno
Banned

1st point - "Designed at Calty Design in Newport Beach, Calif., the stunning coupe shares the tradition of Lexus luxury and adds a healthy dose of sport." from (http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html)

So the SC is the original not the Soarer. Dont believe me?

2nd point - from a banned website the soarers production date starts as 05/91 v the SC as 04/91.

3rd point - Toyota is a shameful brand. Think about it if someone says they drive a toyota what do YOU think. Like-wise if the same person said they drive a lexus what do YOU think? I guarantee you see the lexus as higher valve. In fact even Toyota knows this which is why they made a brand called lexus to sell their cars in america. It actually turned out that brand names mean so much that they even ended up lexus to japan. And our Soarer brothers in the UK, Australia and probably even Japan rebadge their toyotas as Lexus for this exact principle.

4th point - No "real" luxury car is a "name" but a number/letter system. 335i, c350 rx330 etc.

Point is its NEVER okay to put soarer on your car since its ALWAYS a downgrade.
Old 09-09-09, 10:18 PM
Jay-Balrog
Driver

that downgrade thing is relative....

a bone stock SC300 and a bone stock toyota soarer parked next to eachother in front of 'car guys' guarantee you the soarer will always get more respect. the 1jz alone makes that so

but personally... i do like the griffin logo. but its kinda tacky to me. kinda in the same vein as rsx owners doing the honda integra and red H logo thing.

i think the griffin alone looks hot if its on a debadge car and its only on the hood.
Old 09-09-09, 10:19 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno
1st point - "Designed at Calty Design in Newport Beach, Calif., the stunning coupe shares the tradition of Lexus luxury and adds a healthy dose of sport." from (http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html)

So the SC is the original not the Soarer. Dont believe me?

2nd point - from a banned website the soarers production date starts as 05/91 v the SC as 04/91.

3rd point - Toyota is a shameful brand. Think about it if someone says they drive a toyota what do YOU think. Like-wise if the same person said they drive a lexus what do YOU think? I guarantee you see the lexus as higher valve. In fact even Toyota knows this which is why they made a brand called lexus to sell their cars in america. It actually turned out that brand names mean so much that they even ended up lexus to japan. And our Soarer brothers in the UK, Australia and probably even Japan rebadge their toyotas as Lexus for this exact principle.

4th point - No "real" luxury car is a "name" but a number/letter system. 335i, c350 rx330 etc.

Point is its NEVER okay to put soarer on your car since its ALWAYS a downgrade.
LOL! Fail...Someone has their panties in a bunch today.(Sorry, rude)

Also: Lexus = Toyota. Obviously not true, but you get it. If you care so much about respect by a name, that's pretty sad. I wouldn't care if it was Toyota or Lexus. Gets me where I want to go, and do what I want to do, all the time. If it comes down to a name, I'm a Toyota.

Last edited by megamarine; 09-09-09 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 10:23 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Jay-Balrog
that downgrade thing is relative....

a bone stock SC300 and a bone stock toyota soarer parked next to eachother in front of 'car guys' guarantee you the soarer will always get more respect. the 1jz alone makes that so
i'm sorry the 1jz just sucks. I think onejay said hes making 280hp on his 1jz-gte which is exactly what its rated as and he even has some bpu upgrades like exhaust. Not to mention everyone who does do a 1jz swap and sells that car ALWAYS goes na-t the second time.

I bet you the pinnacle of bone stock scs a 98+ vvt-i model will beat a bone stock 1jz-gte soarer.

@megamarine dude you got no right to talk. You took a perfectly good 97+ sc and riced it out.
Old 09-09-09, 10:27 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

i'm sorry the 1jz just sucks. I think onejay said hes making 280hp on his 1jz-gte which is exactly what its rated as and he even has some bpu upgrades like exhaust.

I bet you the pinnacle of bone stock scs a 98+ vvt-i model will beat a bone stock 1jz-gte soarer.

@megamarine dude you got no right to talk. You took a perfectly good 97+ sc and riced it out.
Hahaha, I'll get you pics of it. Nothing ricey about it. No vinyl, a T70 Turbo thrown in, deep dish 18's, clear headlights, fresh paint...Yes, I'm sure it's ricey...
Old 09-09-09, 10:29 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by megamarine
Hahaha, I'll get you pics of it. Nothing ricey about it. No vinyl, a T70 Turbo thrown in, deep dish 18's, clear headlights, fresh paint...Yes, I'm sure it's ricey...
Swap over the clean lenses on the stock headlights, get the 97+ tails back, remove all the stickers and vvt-i caugh*vtec* badges and then we'll talk.
Old 09-09-09, 10:33 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Swap over the clean lenses on the stock headlights, get the 97+ tails back, remove all the stickers and vvt-i caugh*vtec* badges and then we'll talk.
Cant really, plus new heads look better then crappy stock, 97+'s look retarded with my color, and there is no "stickers" or vinyl on the car at all. Plus that VVT-I badge? CAME ON THE CAR. Dealership special, fool.
Old 09-09-09, 10:35 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

It's ok to have a Soarer badge if you like it and want it on your car.

/thread
Old 09-09-09, 10:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in all seriousness, a Soarer badge was meant for a Toyota Soarer...not a Lexus SC3/400. Even with the 1J motor set, your lexus is still not a Soarer. Putting a LSX in an S13 or FD does not make it a Corvette...posers
Old 09-09-09, 10:41 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz

in all seriousness, a Soarer badge was meant for a Toyota Soarer...not a Lexus SC3/400. Even with the 1J motor set, your lexus is still not a Soarer. Putting a LSX in an S13 or FD does not make it a Corvette...posers
lol, imitation is the best form of flattery.
Old 09-09-09, 10:43 PM
GKourp
Rookie

Originally Posted by turbodremz

Very well put.
Old 09-09-09, 10:43 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Cant really, plus new heads look better then crappy stock, 97+'s look retarded with my color, and there is no "stickers" or vinyl on the car at all.
good job remoing that ka something thing on the rear window. As for the color idk what u are talking about. 97+ tails look sick on my white sc.

Plus that VVT-I badge? CAME ON THE CAR. Dealership special, fool.
Somehow i doubt the dealership installed a wrong color badge onto the car.
lol, imitation is the best form of flattery.
flattery of what? toyota badge = shame.

Quick Reply: When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?