SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My GTE SC3 with some fatties out back!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10 | 07:19 PM
jdmJZA70
Pole Position

Default My GTE SC3 with some fatties out back!

Sup guys, i finally had a chance to find a decent set of polished tt wheels so i went ahead and snapped some pics of the GTE SC3 with the TT wheels after Friday prayers today. I also went ahead and threw on a set of fattied out back, Sumitumo Htz's size: 315/35/17s...man it was a tight fit, i cant even fit my fingers between the sidewall and susp....tires cost me $240 shipped so i cant complain too much...i also threw on some 4300k HIDs that a friend let me have. So let me know what you guys think!!! Next on the list is coilovers and straightpipes = )

Zeeshaun

P.S. Sorry for the low quality pics, i was freaking starving and was in a hurry to get home and get my grub on..

Here are some pics of the car with better lighting but these pics were take about 2 months ago.

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Last edited by jdmJZA70; 03-26-10 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-26-10 | 07:22 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

lookin good...damn a 315...
Old 03-26-10 | 07:22 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

clean *** ****! what year is it? can we see some engine bay shots?
Old 03-26-10 | 08:08 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

hella wide tires in back. first thing i thought of when i saw the thread, was: "no fat chicks, might rub"
Old 03-26-10 | 08:41 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kingluis6
i'm gonna guess 97, has a 97+ style passanger airbag.

looks great man, i was wondering how wide people have went on the stock TT's, i had 275's on my SC at one point but rolled my fenders so i could go low.. i'm rocking lil 255's on my rear TT's right now..

car looks good though, your FMIC looks like it is about where mine is as well kinda hidden.
Old 03-26-10 | 08:57 PM
SC400SAIF
Rookie

hows your power steering hose?
Old 03-26-10 | 09:19 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Damn, looking good!
Old 03-26-10 | 09:55 PM
jdmJZA70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
lookin good...damn a 315...
thanks! alot better than my dinky 225s i had on the stock sc wheel

Originally Posted by kingluis6
the car is originally an 1997 auto...i drove it bone stock for about a 3 months untill the stock auto started slipping on me...so i said **** it and decided to swap the whole car. at first i was running an aristo GTE motor with the turbo auto but i blew 2 turbo auto trannies in 1 week soooooo i said **** it again and went 5 speed, been running like a champ since

but foreal, the hell with installing the clutch pedal...laying upside down while trying to drill holes in the firewall is like asking for death

Originally Posted by jadu
hella wide tires in back. first thing i thought of when i saw the thread, was: "no fat chicks, might rub"
haha yeah the tires barely cleared...if the car is on a lift, the tires rub against the rear suspension. when the car is on ground level, there is about 1/4 inch clearance between the sidewall in rear suspension...i cant even fit my pinky in between

Originally Posted by aka paco
i'm gonna guess 97, has a 97+ style passanger airbag.

looks great man, i was wondering how wide people have went on the stock TT's, i had 275's on my SC at one point but rolled my fenders so i could go low.. i'm rocking lil 255's on my rear TT's right now..

car looks good though, your FMIC looks like it is about where mine is as well kinda hidden.
thanks bro...the tt wheels came with 255s in the back when i first got em but i just didnt think it was wide enough...i might just throw the 255s in the front...right now im running 235s up front but i badly need some spacers. i was thinking maybe 15mm's, i hate that sunken in look.

in all honesty, the old red sc you used to own kinda inspired me to get cracking on my sc. that **** was beautiful, too bad those haters effed up ur car...the RSP is just ***** to the wall though

Originally Posted by SC400SAIF
hows your power steering hose?
haha dude, it ripped 4 times after the last time i saw you, i just went ahead and got the Gates 3/8 push lock hoses, they really are a godsend...PM me when you wanna hang out bro!

Originally Posted by vietunit
Damn, looking good!
thanks mate!
Old 03-26-10 | 10:46 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Looks awesome!
Old 03-26-10 | 10:51 PM
supralative
Pole Position

There is a shop in the DFW area that can widen those so they can hold the 315's at a better width. My friend had those on his on old red Supra back in the days.
I ran an 11.5 width rim on my 315's.
Old 03-27-10 | 01:06 AM
Slade
Pole Position

man all you need now is some spacers and let that baby sit flush
Old 03-27-10 | 01:36 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Nice man, your coilovers will make it a done deal
Old 03-27-10 | 11:22 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Those fat tires on the rear look really good. I wonder how it would look if you threw on some spacers and lowered it more. Bet it would look mean as hell.
Old 03-27-10 | 12:25 PM
jdmJZA70
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Looks awesome!
thanks Troy

Originally Posted by supralative
There is a shop in the DFW area that can widen those so they can hold the 315's at a better width. My friend had those on his on old red Supra back in the days.
I ran an 11.5 width rim on my 315's.
lol, dude i cant really compete with you or supra just quite just...i am the epitomy of what you call "ballin on a budget"

going to college fulltime and modding cars is a dangerous/difficult balance to pull off
Originally Posted by Slade
man all you need now is some spacers and let that baby sit flush
i dont think the rears need spacers at all, the tires and fenders are perfectly aligned and if were to throw some spacers on the back then the tires would stick out too far and i dont like that look

now on the other hand, the front are way too sunken in...and it doesnt help that im running 235s up front...i would like to go 265s up front with maybe a 10-15mm spacers...like i said, i just want the sidewalls even with the fenders. if anyone has suggestions, i would really appreciate it

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
Nice man, your coilovers will make it a done deal
yeah for sure, but im 98.3% sure that if i go lower, that the rears will rub...im gonna have to roll all four corners before i drop the car...if anyone has good quality coilover under 6 bills, PM me...

Originally Posted by joe diego
Those fat tires on the rear look really good. I wonder how it would look if you threw on some spacers and lowered it more. Bet it would look mean as hell.
dude it looks pretty vicous from the back as it is...but the front are in dire need of spacers and better/wider tires...what size spacers would you suggest for the front?
Old 03-27-10 | 12:51 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdmJZA70
thanks Troy

lol, dude i cant really compete with you or supra just quite just...i am the epitomy of what you call "ballin on a budget"

going to college fulltime and modding cars is a dangerous/difficult balance to pull off

LOL no competition there
just wanted you to know about the option of widening the factory wheels
its a killer sleeper look with 315/35/17 and it will fit the tires better to the proper width
its just a good thing that is local to you so you wont have much down time if you ever do it

my build is a very slow and long one...wish i could do it like i did back in the days but times change hehhee

your car is coming along real nice....way ahead of me already

Quick Reply: My GTE SC3 with some fatties out back!