SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Question on eBay Headlights? Look Here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-11, 07:22 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Question on eBay Headlights? Look Here!

3 people have asked me about the eBay headlights within the last 4 days. So if you had questions, hopefully I can answer them in this thread.

Originally Posted by QwkSC
Yes, I have the eBay headlights. However I do not recommend them for a few reasons:

-The bulb size changes to H1, which without an HID retrofit is very dim.

-They do not always adjust far enough down and the cutoff line is angled strangely to the right, so everything in the right side is lit up.

-The ring that covers the Halo's fell off

-My Halo's went dead after 1 Year, and the blue bulbs they shipped with broke or were broken within 1 month. Replaced with LED's:
Old 03-07-11, 07:26 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

lol the halo ring jus fell off? wow
Old 03-07-11, 07:35 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Originally Posted by ScBouncE
lol the halo ring jus fell off? wow
Yep. YGWUPF

Buy OEM or go home.
Old 03-07-11, 08:04 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Swap the lenses onto OEM.
Old 03-07-11, 08:06 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ThomasGS4 Swap the lenses onto OEM.
Yup best look IMO
Old 03-07-11, 08:12 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's too bad...... Other than that man your car is super clean man!
Old 03-07-11, 08:59 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Yes definitely swap the lenses onto the OEM lights! Remember to trim the edges for it to be flush though if you do this. Get rid of that crap! They don't aim right, they stop lighting, and then they just fall apart. Nice.
My advice, do this and then get some Ebay highbeams and do the same for a fully clear headlight setup.

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 03-07-11 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-07-11, 10:06 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

why the hell don't the people who make these lights just make a clear lens that fits the oem lights. the could cut cost of manufacturing and sell a **** load of them. someone needs to find the company who makes them and tell them whats up.
Old 03-07-11, 10:28 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BigManne
why the hell don't the people who make these lights just make a clear lens that fits the oem lights. the could cut cost of manufacturing and sell a **** load of them. someone needs to find the company who makes them and tell them whats up.
No kidding! I'd buy a set of clear lenses if they were cheap.
Old 03-08-11, 02:34 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just want those clean lenses.
Old 05-24-11, 07:21 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Yes definitely swap the lenses onto the OEM lights! Remember to trim the edges for it to be flush though if you do this. Get rid of that crap! They don't aim right, they stop lighting, and then they just fall apart. Nice.
My advice, do this and then get some Ebay highbeams and do the same for a fully clear headlight setup.
Any more info on exactly what needs to be trimmed to make these flush - like a picture of exactly what needs to be done? I looked and haven't found anything.

(Wish I had time to clear out the OEM lights...or that I picked up some of the high quality Japan clear covers before they all became discontinued.)
Old 05-24-11, 07:50 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

High PSI
Any more info on exactly what needs to be trimmed to make these flush - like a picture of exactly what needs to be done? I looked and haven't found anything.

(Wish I had time to clear out the OEM lights...or that I picked up some of the high quality Japan clear covers before they all became discontinued.)
Ya its actually pretty simple, I didn't take any pics when I did it tho.. but when you have both lenses removed you'll see a little bit of black plastic you have to trim around the corner to make it fit flusher(very easy) and you'll know what I'm saying when you do it.

To seal you have to use a non condensating RTV ultra Black I think it is? Anyway bead it around the housing then secure the lenses. I used 3 Industrial (Zipties) on each headlight (handcuff type ones). Then just over look them real good on any tuch up sealing and let them sit over night, or too be sure 24hrs
Old 05-24-11, 07:57 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Originally Posted by SC51
Ya its actually pretty simple, I didn't take any pics when I did it tho.. but when you have both lenses removed you'll see a little bit of black plastic you have to trim around the corner to make it fit flusher(very easy) and you'll know what I'm saying when you do it.

To seal you have to use a non condensating RTV ultra Black I think it is? Anyway bead it around the housing then secure the lenses. I used 3 Industrial (Zipties) on each headlight (handcuff type ones). Then just over look them real good on any tuch up sealing and let them sit over night, or too be sure 24hrs
Awesome - thanks for the response. Maybe I'll put some pics up when I purchase these and split them to confirm what needs to be done for everyone's benefit.
Old 05-24-11, 02:13 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Please do. A DIY would be great for this!
Old 05-24-11, 08:08 PM
mr/griffin
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont those cost like 250? i whould be fn pissed, i am buying some bcus my oems where cracked bad when i bought the car

Quick Reply: Question on eBay Headlights? Look Here!