SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Has anyone installed a Nardi Streering wheel in there SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 04:37 PM
SoarerGold
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a Nardi Streering wheel in there SC

What does it take to install my Nardi in my SC? Anyone know where i can get the parts i need? Thank you for you time and help
Old 05-10-11, 05:36 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

There is a thread on this already I made one i would search it for u but I'm on my phone
Old 05-10-11, 06:05 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

you need a aftermarket short hub, ANY Toyota one will work (Scion, Supra, MR-2, Corolla, etc...)

You can get a Works Bell one or if you are on a budget you can get a NRG one

I'd find links for you but i'm on the pooper right now and it's time I finish my task at hand
Old 05-10-11, 06:28 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Yeah like vinh said all you need is a hub for the sc any Toyota hub but to be sure use a supra hub 94+ take off your steering wheel make sure your battery is disconnected before messing with the airbag
Old 05-10-11, 09:29 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also already made one of these threads. quick release + short hub + wheel= done
Old 05-10-11, 09:57 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its alot easier than it seems.

Unplug the battery. Make sure you have a set of torx skrews and find all of the skrews under the steering column. Take off the large nut holding the steering wheel, Then pull the steering wheel off, its pretty hard. Then take off the yellow airbag thing, but dont stand in front of it.
Then its all installing after that. Hope that kinda helps, heres a pic of mine.

Last edited by MIKU*SC3; 05-10-11 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-10-11, 10:22 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

as other people said, you need a hub that fits the sc/supra. depending on your preference, you could get a qr, or just directly bolt the wheel up to the hub if the holes match up or run an adapter.

gonna be honest, i kinda forgot what my setup was, but i know it's a nrg slim hub, some kind of a nrg qr (might be 2.5 or someisht) and a nardi 350mm deep corn (i think).
I'd run to a parts store that rents tools, and get a steering wheel puller. that thing saved me so much time. at least it did when i was trying to take off the hub that my car came w/.

Either way, if you're gonna try to take off your steering wheel, loosen the nut, but don't take it off. i've slammed my head against too many steering wheels b/c i kept forgetting to do that. probably b/c i keep slamming my head against steering wheels

and i do kinda remember there being a thread like this before.
Old 05-10-11, 10:26 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

love them nardis
Old 05-10-11, 11:28 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
as other people said, you need a hub that fits the sc/supra. depending on your preference, you could get a qr, or just directly bolt the wheel up to the hub if the holes match up or run an adapter.

gonna be honest, i kinda forgot what my setup was, but i know it's a nrg slim hub, some kind of a nrg qr (might be 2.5 or someisht) and a nardi 350mm deep corn (i think).
I'd run to a parts store that rents tools, and get a steering wheel puller. that thing saved me so much time. at least it did when i was trying to take off the hub that my car came w/.

Either way, if you're gonna try to take off your steering wheel, loosen the nut, but don't take it off. i've slammed my head against too many steering wheels b/c i kept forgetting to do that. probably b/c i keep slamming my head against steering wheels

and i do kinda remember there being a thread like this before.
Yeah Ive had my share of head banging from pulling steering wheels! Hey ArodDaLob, did you get your interior done at SOS? Looks real familiar.
Old 05-10-11, 11:41 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socal72
Yeah Ive had my share of head banging from pulling steering wheels! Hey ArodDaLob, did you get your interior done at SOS? Looks real familiar.
The previous owner was the son of the owner of SOS, and also worked there, so yeah, they got it done there. i just bought it after it was all done nd stuff.
Old 05-11-11, 07:54 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
The previous owner was the son of the owner of SOS, and also worked there, so yeah, they got it done there. i just bought it after it was all done nd stuff.
Oh ok yeah I thought that was the car. It had different wheels on it right? In any case she's beautiful! Soon we'll have similar interiors with the brown suede I'm just limiting it to the upper half of the car and incorporating it into the seats, door pulls , and center console arm rest. should be done by this weekend, so if all goes well i'll have pics up by next week, so keep an eye out and tell me what you think. Oh yeah have you seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sHA4ZrQuns
To the OP I apoligize for getting off topic.
Old 05-11-11, 08:41 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here's mine. and i'm using an Momo hub for the IS300

Old 05-11-11, 09:10 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

don't go rent a hub puller just muscle up and give the wheel a good solid tug and it will come right off

also I know the works bell hub has the airbag light delete with it and it works perfectly. on top of that works bell also has compatibility with keeping cruise control
Old 05-11-11, 09:22 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
on top of that works bell also has compatibility with keeping cruise control
^How the hell is that?

i may have to get a WB..
Old 05-11-11, 05:55 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts