Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

"Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 12:24 PM
nrchivas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the car!! i just got a 92 sc300 about 2 months ago, and looking for ideas, so far yours is one of the best out there, hope fully within time mine would look as good as yours.
Old 08-30-12, 08:30 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your car is SOOO SICK!! Definately one of my favorites on CL!!
Old 08-31-12, 05:27 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nrchivas
love the car!! i just got a 92 sc300 about 2 months ago, and looking for ideas, so far yours is one of the best out there, hope fully within time mine would look as good as yours.
Just don't take 6 years to do it like I did. LOL

Originally Posted by Wheel_Man
Your car is SOOO SICK!! Definately one of my favorites on CL!!
Old 09-01-12, 02:15 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Light Show

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Bro, can you take a pic with all the lights functioning? Headlights, parklights, signal lights, Knight Rider light, puddle lights, any other exterior lights...
As requested, took the pics while at VMR, with the exception of the last two photos:

Parking lights only. The iPhone camera makes the light look less orange than it really is.

Parking lights + headlights (4300k HID). The iPhone camera makes the headlights look like 5000k for some reason LOL

Parking lights + headlights (4300k HID) + fog lights (3000k HID). The iPhone camera somehow makes the headlight look like 5000k and the fog light not as yellow as it really is (3000k).

Parking lights + headlights (4300k HID) + high beams (4300k HID). The iPhone camera somehow makes the headlight/high beam look like 5000k, but they're actually 4300k all around.

Red city lights. The flood lights on the buildings are making the city lights look less bright.

Red city lights + Knight Rider light. The flood lights on the buildings are making the city lights look less bright, and the iPhone camera kind of diffuses the redness of the Knight Rider light.

Tail lights after relocation. The three lights at the top-right are from the windshield-mounted gauges, the lights to the left is the speedometer, partially covered by the driver's seat headrest.

Tail lights + old school ambers. The iPhone camera doesn't capture the actual colors (red tails, amber signal glow).

In-garage pic of city lights. the iPhone camera doesn't capture how red the lights really are.

In-garage pic of LED puddle lamps. The larger light shine is the puddle lamps, the smaller glow next to it is the reflection of the puddle light bouncing off the shiny garage floor, up to the side skirt, and back down to the garage floor again. On regular street surface you only see the 5 main lights.

I'm pretty sure with a real DSLR and the right settings the light colors could be captured much better than what the iPhone 4S does with its auto-adjustments.

(continued on post #216)

Last edited by raine; 10-17-12 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-01-12, 05:35 AM
menty
Lead Lap

I am seriously considering switching over to some work Meisters
What do you reckon of the Meisters vs BBS LM
Old 09-01-12, 09:15 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Alright bro, thanks for taking the time with the pics. I like what I'm seeing. I was afraid of how it would look with the front signals working as park lights too, but now I'm definitely going for it. I'm gonna mod my '95 tails also where the entire bottom part would lit up when brakes are depressed, so I'm gonna need to convert the rear signals into red. But still need to get a lot of maintenance stuff done. I wanna go back to 5000k HID's too(whatever the natural light is equivalent). You're right, the super bright white is so eye straining when driving 2 hours at night. I'm gonna have a lot of questions for you whenever you come over here in SD.
Old 09-01-12, 10:01 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by menty
I am seriously considering switching over to some work Meisters
What do you reckon of the Meisters vs BBS LM
Mine are easier to clean

No seriously though, I really can't compare because one is a 5-spoke, one is a mesh - two different wheel styles altogether. It's all on what you like and what you think looks good on your car. I made the "cleaning" comment because I used to be on mesh, and I hated cleaning them because it took forever
Old 09-01-12, 10:09 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Alright bro, thanks for taking the time with the pics. I like what I'm seeing. I was afraid of how it would look with the front signals working as park lights too, but now I'm definitely going for it. I'm gonna mod my '95 tails also where the entire bottom part would lit up when brakes are depressed, so I'm gonna need to convert the rear signals into red. But still need to get a lot of maintenance stuff done. I wanna go back to 5000k HID's too(whatever the natural light is equivalent). You're right, the super bright white is so eye straining when driving 2 hours at night. I'm gonna have a lot of questions for you whenever you come over here in SD.
I thought about that back when I had my stockie tails but I prefer having amber signals over red since it stands out more on the road compared to my red taillights and everyone elses red taillights on the road, if that makes sense.

Oh and the 4300k is closer to natural light 5000k has the blueish to it.
Old 09-01-12, 11:23 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
I thought about that back when I had my stockie tails but I prefer having amber signals over red since it stands out more on the road compared to my red taillights and everyone elses red taillights on the road, if that makes sense.

Oh and the 4300k is closer to natural light 5000k has the blueish to it.
That's also my concern, I like yellow signal lights better because they stand out and doesn't look confusing. But who knows I might rice it out and put a Mustang sequential relay and make the entire bottom part sequentially flash as I signal! Lol
Old 09-01-12, 02:51 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

That's also my concern, I like yellow signal lights better because they stand out and doesn't look confusing. But who knows I might rice it out and put a Mustang sequential relay and make the entire bottom part sequentially flash as I signal! Lol
Yeah when I signal I want to make sure people see it. Especially when driving within the vicinity of 99 Ranch market, etc. LOL
Old 09-04-12, 07:31 PM
Dueces
Driver

I'm really loving this car
Old 09-04-12, 07:43 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Great job with everything raine! All the hard work really paid off!
Old 09-04-12, 08:49 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

what do you mean by old school ambers? and do those light up when you press the brakes
Old 09-04-12, 10:37 PM
208Soarer
Pole Position

awesome work on the car man! I am starting on mine over the winter and I am subscribing to this thread for sure!!
Old 09-04-12, 11:07 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dueces
I'm really loving this car

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Great job with everything raine! All the hard work really paid off!
Man, cleaning up the exterior after the paint job was the most frustration-inducing and patience-testing part of it!

Originally Posted by 208Soarer
awesome work on the car man! I am starting on mine over the winter and I am subscribing to this thread for sure!!

Originally Posted by boostinsc
what do you mean by old school ambers? and do those light up when you press the brakes
Old school as in we used to do this back in the 90's

They do not light up when I hit the brakes, they light up when I turn them on with a switch... so they stay lit (low) just like the brake lights (brake off). When I hit the turn signal though, the signal bulb gets brighter on that side, so it's still 100% functional.

Quick Reply: "Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."