SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LMS remote top/alarm/remote start with updated instructions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 07:22 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LMS remote top/alarm/remote start with updated instructions

I installed the lux link unit this weekend and I must say it was a headache. I was expecting this to be easy I mean I been working on cars for a long time and I am pretty handy when it comes to soldering and wiring. Friday night ended with me spending 3 and half hours and nothing worked and i was still unsure about alot of wiring. I decided to stop and continue the next day. The next day i was still unsure of everything. The instructions provided by luxery motorworks are crappy to say the least. Thank god they are open on saturday, and Steve was a great help, I had to call him 4 or 5 times to clarify some of the instructions and location of wires. He was never annoyed and genuwinly helpful. So basically it took me like 6 or 7 hours to install it. If I were to install another one now it would prob take 1.5 to 3 hours. Since his instructions were so bad and I had such a hard time I thought I would update the instructions and hopefully help anyone else planning to install this unit. Difficulty of install is prob a 9 out of 10 with the stock instructions. 7 out of 10 if you plan on installing this with the shock sensor only since its so hard to read the wire u need to take for the alarm shock sensor to work. 6 out of 10 if you dont plan on running the shock sensor

Install docs
Old 08-28-06, 07:40 PM
RanGer498
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice info there also good for taking the doors apart and all ..can i ask how much this was ?

http://luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_top.php

thanks.

Last edited by RanGer498; 08-28-06 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-29-06, 04:54 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job Tony, I would have never tried it myself simply because of the tight workspace. I'm glad you were able to get it installed and working. Thanks for the added details to the installation document; I'm sure it will be helpful to those in need.
Old 08-29-06, 05:51 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Congrats Tony on ur dedication. Better you than me. I'm totally clueless. I'll prolly IM you a little later to pick ur brain on this unit. As you know I've really been wanting one since day one of ownership and prolly before that.
Old 08-31-06, 11:55 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice job Tony! Sounds like a chore to install. I sent Steve over there an email a day or so again inquiring whether his new remote top will work with his older remote start. No reponse yet. I may have them do the install though. 6 hours to install is a bit more time than I can devote nowadays.
Old 09-01-06, 11:29 AM
sc430blue
Lead Lap

It took me me about the same amount of time to install. Now that I know what it takes, I could probably do it in about 2 as well. The hardest part for me was running the wires thru to the door.
Old 09-05-06, 09:48 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sc430blue
It took me me about the same amount of time to install. Now that I know what it takes, I could probably do it in about 2 as well. The hardest part for me was running the wires thru to the door.
the trick is take the 5 wires and tape up the end with electrical tape. then pull that rubber boot out from both ends inbetween the door and the car and run the wires in steps. Really easy when u do it that way.
Old 12-09-06, 07:52 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default is it updated??????

thread revival....LOL

just wondering, are the new remote tops "updated" now since a couple months ago a lot of people were having much problems with the Lux Link remote top only.....

please advice, I really want one of these.....

thanks
Old 12-11-06, 12:22 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default spoked to the guy at Luxury Motor Works and said....(fishy???)

spoke to a guy at the store and he said there was a update on the computer software on the LUX Link remote..... it now comes as a Remote Top and Car Starter as one only for $350.00.

My question is, did anyone recieve of install this "updated" version in there car yet?

he also said a shipment of 100 systems came in and he has about 6 left.

I'm considering this device very much and I've searched but for some reason most on the forum is saying this company is fishy????
Old 12-11-06, 03:54 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default Rebadge LuxLink.....

sorry for my third straight post on this thread, but can someone post a website link, because I believe there is another version of the LuxLink Remote top. I believe that the LuxLink Remote Top is a rebadge of someother product???????????
Old 12-13-06, 08:13 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default responses? anyone?

anyone? anyone? I tried searching, but the lastest post was from almost 3 months ago......
Old 12-14-06, 08:41 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

sorry if no one replied but I think the issue was that they had a remote top unit a couple years back. The unit worked fine but something happened and I am guessing only Rominl can answer the question but for some reason the lux link company stoped producing that unit. So I am guessing they had to re engineer the unit and in doing so combined the remote top/ remote start unit together. Prior to this I think they had a seperate remote start unit and it was probally a rebranded remote start from another company. The new lux link works fine for me. Steve ( I think thats his name ) was very helpful during my install, I called him like 10 times since their instructions were horrible.
Old 12-14-06, 09:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am not going to say much, it's a waste of my time talking about this company

i can only say they did a horrible job on my car (damaged my car may i add?), so i will never go back to them, period. their old unit was actually still one single unit for top down and autostart. i don't have much complain about the product, it's pretty nice. although at times it acts a bit funny. even with the new units, i talk to someone and he doesn't have 100% success rate on using it as well.

for the price, you judge if it's a good unit, but for sure don't let them touch your car. i have so many stories about them i can write a book (all first hand about people i know)
Old 12-15-06, 01:49 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Thats why I do all my own work

There are some quirks to the new unit. Like IE if I put the top down using the top down switch in the car then turn off the car and try to close the top with my remote it doesnt really work most of the time. Its like if I want it to work perfectly I need to put the top down with my key in order to be able to use my key to put it back up.
Old 12-16-06, 06:58 PM
rclab1
Pole Position

Default so its a bit quirky....????

I was going to order the new update units last week, but I just had to ask a few of you that have this updated unit before hand.

Are there anyother "quirky" stories about this product? also, the unit now is a combined Remote Top/Car Starter in one package.

I would like to hear more experiences from this Remote top to anyone that has one.....

thank you.....

Quick Reply: LMS remote top/alarm/remote start with updated instructions