Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 11:31 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray

The picture of the brain installed inside the consol just underneath the
heater seat trim control switchs it is velcro to the sid eof the conso

There is a red Lexus decal { I have them made up for me ] I use them on the center of my wheels and any accessory I install It makes them look like OEM in Fact I have had the dealer ask me about them .
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00612.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:36 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default picture of brain [ with lexus decal ]

more pictures installed inside consol
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00635.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:39 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default pictures

ash tray door closed
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00637.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:43 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Pictures

Ash tray open no power on
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00638.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:47 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Picture

Power on in sport 2 mode
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00639.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:50 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Picture

Sport 3 mode
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00640.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 11:53 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Picture

economy mode
Attached Thumbnails Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray-dsc00644.jpg  
Old 11-03-08, 12:33 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

This thing is awesome for sure.

Personally, I think a better spot for the display unit is right above the mirror switch panel, so you can still use your ashtray.

You can click on my sig pic to see the photo of where I installed it since I don't want to hijack your thread.
Old 11-03-08, 12:53 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by talwang
This thing is awesome for sure.

Personally, I think a better spot for the display unit is right above the mirror switch panel, so you can still use your ashtray.

You can click on my sig pic to see the photo of where I installed it since I don't want to hijack your thread.
I thought of putting the controller exactly where you put yours but I felt I just did not want lexus dealership knowing I moded the throttle drive by wire.

I dont smoke so the onloy thing I need in the ash tray is the cigarette lighter conection for cell phone etc. In using the ash tray I can reverse everything I did and simply put the ashtray insert back in place if down the road I want to relocate it.

I also am used to looking at the consul when driving radio controls nav etc so It seemed a good spot for me to be able to install the controller and just flip the ash tray closed after I set the controller to where I want it

I looked at your pictures and your car really is a looker. What is the set of led gauges 45 44 45 44 on the side of your consol.

Buddy

Last edited by mrblister; 11-03-08 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling corections
Old 11-03-08, 12:54 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice upgrade!!

Does it really make a difference, what is your overall opinion?
Old 11-03-08, 01:05 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

I was very surprised the effect the device has. Its like drving a different car. Its no faster it has no more horsepower. Yet it truly feels so much more responsive. Even in economy mode its more reponsive then just using the power setting of the oem ect switch. I am delighted in the results and would highly reccomend. I like the choices of 4 modes also i like the fact that it turns off when you shut the carr off. With ash tray closed when I have to take car in for service the dealership does not need to know its there and if you dont turn it on car drives just like stock

Buddy
Old 11-03-08, 01:29 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had to put mine on the Ebrake release since my TEIN EDFC is in the ashtray
Old 11-03-08, 02:00 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
I thought of putting the controller exactly where you put yours but I felt I just did not want lexus dealership knowing I moded the throttle drive by wire.

I dont smoke so the onloy thing I need in the ash tray is the cigarette lighter conection for cell phone etc. In using the ash tray I can reverse everything I did and simply put the ashtray insert back in place if down the road I want to relocate it.

I also am used to looking at the consul when driving radio controls nav etc so It seemed a good spot for me to be able to install the controller and just flip the ash tray closed after I set the controller to where I want it

I looked at your pictures and your car really is a looker. What is the set of led gauges 45 44 45 44 on the side of your consol.

Buddy
I see.
However, when you turn on the engine, that unit will beep, right?
Your dealer will probably think something is wrong with your car.

As for the other device that displays the psi in my car, it is just an after market TPMS I had some shop install for me.
It tells you not only each tire's pressure but also its tempature as well.
The replacement tire sensor costs only $31 each plus you don't need to go to Lexus dealer and pay to have it activated.
The stock TPMS is stupid and expensive to replace, imho.
Old 11-03-08, 02:20 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

When I turn on the controller I do not get a beep unless Its not real loud and I am not hearing it. When I turn on the car the controller is off when I turn on controller it will remember the last setting it was at unless I turned off the controller before I shut the car off. In that case it wii default to eco mode.

Either way I have to turn on the controller and I dont think mine is beeping. I did not notice any slats or opening in the back of the plastic controller case for the beep sound to get out. I do have it set flush on top of an old piece of rubber mouse pad . What was the model number of your blitz unit? My car is a 2005 . I like your tire set up with the pressure and temp setting . was it very expensive to buy and install

Buddy
Old 11-03-08, 02:32 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep the beep is real quiet, I cant hear it over my exhaust.

I installed mine same place as Talwang, its the nearest flat surface. Though as im right hand drive its a little awkward as I have the ignition/key right next to it.

Quick Reply: Pictures blitz controller install in ash tray