SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

stock wheel replacement covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 11:34 AM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is ridiculous, why isnt the thread showing up?
Old 09-05-09, 11:35 AM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

here, lets try it this way

alright, i have an 09 vw jetta, and i just bought a set of stock sc430 "dinner plate" wheels. and i was just wondering if any of you know if there is such a thing as aftermarket covers? anything with different colors or designs.

all you guys and gals seem to dislike these wheels, but in the vw world they are becoming a hot commodity.

my car for reference
[IMG][/IMG]

and a couple others

Old 09-05-09, 11:37 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm def in the minority, but I really do like these wheels and they look pretty good on the Jetta as well...ebay or maybe a local rim store may be a place to get covers? I'm fairly new to CL and I don't know if this topics been covered as everyone else seems to hate these...
Old 09-05-09, 12:19 PM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

checked ebay, only got the stock covers. and my local tire and wheel stores are all generic and the same crap you find on ebay. hoping some sc experts show up.
Old 09-05-09, 01:46 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lol... at least someone likes them. the center covers come in the standard brushed aluminum and chrome. they also make a replacement for the centers that looks more like a 5-spoke design. but that would defeat the purpose if you like the pie plate look. other than that, you could remove the centers and have them painted i guess. but i don't think it would look very good.
Old 09-05-09, 03:47 PM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

no, youre right, that wouldnt look good at all. my second thought was, if i cant find a better looking center, then i might paint the spokes behind the center and just make it look more interesting. a nice burgundy or metallic blue. something with a silver or graphite flake to flow with the silver of my car.
Old 09-06-09, 08:12 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow.. lol. I cant believe how nice they look on a vw. Im shocked..
Old 09-07-09, 04:49 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gottagitmines
Wow.. lol. I cant believe how nice they look on a vw. Im shocked..
+1 gottagitmines, I have a 03 SC and they do look better on a VW !
Old 09-07-09, 06:30 AM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

the reason these things look crappy on your cars is because you guys have massive wheel wells and balloon tires on these 18's. where as we have normal sized wheel wells, and can put smaller tires on them to look more classy or sporty, whatever you consider that to be.

plus, being low helps.
Old 09-07-09, 06:48 AM
Jackalope
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kylecrish
here, lets try it this way

alright, i have an 09 vw jetta, and i just bought a set of stock sc430 "dinner plate" wheels. and i was just wondering if any of you know if there is such a thing as aftermarket covers? anything with different colors or designs.

all you guys and gals seem to dislike these wheels, but in the vw world they are becoming a hot commodity.
And we would care what the "vw world" likes because.......?
Old 09-07-09, 06:08 PM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jackalope
And we would care what the "vw world" likes because.......?
i figured some stuck up lexus vip would come in here eventually. theres people like you in every scene. it seems like everyone else here was pretty welcoming.

we are all car enthusiasts here, we just have different tastes. i happen to like lexus and some of the styling you lux guys go for. so thats why im here. if you guys dont like your wheels there are definitely people out there willing to buy them. drop on by a vw forum like vwvortex.com. and see what its all about. im pretty sure its the largest brand specific car forum on the internet.
Old 09-08-09, 04:12 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i figured some stuck up lexus vip would come in here eventually. theres people like you in every scene. it seems like everyone else here was pretty welcoming.

we are all car enthusiasts here, we just have different tastes. i happen to like lexus and some of the styling you lux guys go for. so thats why im here. if you guys dont like your wheels there are definitely people out there willing to buy them. drop on by a vw forum like vwvortex.com. and see what its all about. im pretty sure its the largest brand specific car forum on the internet.
I know and belong to both forums and think the best of both. I personally think the Pie Plates suck on the Lexus but actually are pretty cool on the Dubs! So and thanks for letting us know where to sell our wheels and make someone happy while doing it!
Old 09-08-09, 05:03 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by farkas
I know and belong to both forums and think the best of both. I personally think the Pie Plates suck on the Lexus but actually are pretty cool on the Dubs! So and thanks for letting us know where to sell our wheels and make someone happy while doing it!
+1 farkas, I never gave a thought to belonging to another forum, I'll have to check out the VW site
Old 09-09-09, 03:09 PM
kylecrish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tromly
+1 farkas, I never gave a thought to belonging to another forum, I'll have to check out the VW site
i dont mean to take traffic away from this site in any way, but it is a good outlet for sales. along with interesting forums for audi, seat, lambo, porsche, and any other vw associated company.

so no one knows anything about aftermarket covers huh?
Old 09-09-09, 03:21 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so no one knows anything about aftermarket covers huh?
i'd be very surprised if there is such a thing. the sc430 is a low production model. so there aren't many out there compared to other cars. and the pie plates were only around for a couple years. not a lot of people mod their cars in general. so you're looking at a small segment of an already small market. plus they sold to a higher income market. we're much more likely to buy new wheels than mess with the centers.

Quick Reply: stock wheel replacement covers