SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Progress on Luxlink: The Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 07:21 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LuxLink install scheduled for SUNDAY morning

Last edited by 76210Guy; 09-03-11 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-03-11, 04:05 AM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brand new LuxLink is sitting in the box in my garage. I can't afford to have someone else install it and so I will do it myself. The installation instructions I have found are a somewhat incomplete. Has anyone done a good install doc with pictures like VTIBOB did for the rear seat removal?
Old 09-03-11, 05:37 AM
jeffwingo
Driver School Candidate

Looking at the rear window module instructions...nothing specific about what color does to the corresponding color on the SC 430. Anyone got info on what goes to what? Two window or four window mode? What wires get cut? I am ready to just sell the luxlink and get on with my life at this point of frustration because I am not about to pay an install shop per hour to figure it out and potentially screw my car up.
Old 09-03-11, 10:33 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

There is a wiring diagram. The only windows you are working on will be the rear . So you use the two window configerartion. There are three wires that will connect to the luxlink .

I am recalling this from memory the luxlink install page that lists the wire colors and also assigns the connector pin number is very helpfull. The window motor wires on the rear right and the rear left are the ones that get cut and then you just splice in the module
wires as per the schematic. It seems a bit confusing but once you get started and splice one wire at a time it goes easy. I did the install my self and after it was done I was really satisfied with the result . Take your time any questions you can reach Steve at Luxlink and he is the source for answering any questions . He is very patient and a real gentlemen.

the yellow and white [ is either top up or top down ]
the red goes to 12 volt + luxlink red wire 25 amp fuse with spade connector
the other two color wire [ is either top up or down ]
Old 09-03-11, 03:44 PM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

If you boys and girls can be a little patient, I spent the day at Steve's shop on doing the install. Had my 35mm camera with, so between his document and what I can put together, I think for those beyond a reasonable driving distance this should work.
As mrblister mention, patience is the key here.
I should have the first part done by Sunday afternoon and will post it in this thread.
Old 09-04-11, 04:37 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, thanks in advance for all your hard work, from all of us.
Old 09-04-11, 06:24 AM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steadyeddy
bob, thanks in advance for all your hard work, from all of us.
+1000

Old 09-04-11, 03:52 PM
VVTiBob

So here is a PARTIAL guide. I've run out of time for now and have family matters to attend to. I hope this guide helps you to decide what you want to do or how to proceed.

I have done as much as I can regarding the accuracy of the information I have included. NEVERTHELESS, if you choose to use this guide, you do so at your own risk. Please refer back to the LuxLink installation materials or give Steve a call. If you do call Steve, please remember he's running a business while he's spending time with you on the phone.

The guide is 12 pages long now. With CL size limitations, I was forced to make it a WEB PDF. The version with higher resolution images for printing was rejected for uploading. If you'd like a copy of the higher rez version (currently 9 megs ) PM me and will figure something out.

I've tried to used photos and clear language where I could to illustrate this guide. My thanks to Steve for letting me take photos while he and his guys did my install.

I will be updating and adding more information to this guide during over the next few days as time become available for me to work on it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LuxLink DIY.pdf (742.0 KB, 672 views)
Old 09-05-11, 07:39 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Great DIY, thanks Bob.
Old 09-05-11, 10:24 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking Wow!!!! Luxlink installed... Video coming soon

All I can say is wow! I'm blown away at how cool this is!!! My favorite features are the remote start and how my Vais tech iPod unit gets started playing my favorite jams, a/c turned on etc... Then the second favorite thing is the two button tap to raise or lower from the inside instead of getting carpel tunnel holding it for 30 seconds!! Lastly my third favorite is the top drop and start simultaneously only because I haven't used it as much yet and user error-I haven't got the sequence down yet on the start.... And I haven't figured out the walk away yet! Just go it back late Sat and had family in town so I haven't played much. I will upload video today for you all!!

I'm glad I bought two! Lol

If you are close to Dallas- even Houston Austin SA OK or need to find a great installer- PM me I can highly recommend someone to you!!
Old 09-05-11, 10:56 AM
VVTiBob

I've posted the high resolution of the PDF I wrote at the address below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vboin54l2tor6iu

The file is 46 megs ...

Last edited by VVTiBob; 09-05-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-05-11, 11:49 AM
scdroptop

Here's the link to my YouTube Video I made this morning. Sorry about the wind and the loud music...wanted to get something out there quick on a nice sunny day and forgot to turn down the volume before I did this. I also forgot to show the key sequence to do this, but it is: Press Unlock and hold for 3 seconds...wait for long beep, then quickly (within two seconds) press the lock button twice and you should hear the engine start first, then windows down, then top down. I LOVE THIS!!!! Best mod ever! Great value too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QR2btDBKk

Last edited by scdroptop; 09-06-11 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-05-11, 11:58 AM
scdroptop

Here's second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnwT...el_video_title
Old 09-05-11, 12:04 PM
scdroptop

Third video with remote start only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZrZo...el_video_title

So now you've seen the remote start, the remote start and top drop and the walk-away feature. Enjoy your Luxlinks for those of you who ordered!!!
Old 09-05-11, 12:35 PM
gentouru
Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I've posted the high resolution of the PDF I wrote at the address below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vboin54l2tor6iu

The file is 46 megs ...
Wow much better thks

Quick Reply: Progress on Luxlink: The Test