SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Car sound system upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-13, 06:07 AM
UGAALF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Car sound system upgrade

I have a 2002 SC without navigation. I recognize that there are many threads regarding upgrades to the sound system, however I am not much of a DIY'r and reading through the threads gets confusing. Does anyone know of a good audio installer in the Atlanta, GA area that I could rely on for good advice on a replacement head unit? I would like an install of a unit with Sirius/XM capability and other modern features, but want to make sure that nothing else is screwed up during the install. As mentioned, my SC does not have navigation.

Thanks for any suggestions
Old 12-23-13, 06:37 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I have heard that any Best Buy store can work on our cars. A long time ago, a few members here recommended a Best Buy location here in the ATL area. Search the posts on the LuxLink install that’s where I saw it. I vaguely remember it is located on the north side of town, like in Kennesaw (not sure).

Good luck.
Old 12-23-13, 06:40 AM
mandyfig

I searched for an installer in ATL and found a name. He is well known in the area for audio installs. When my Radio (CG changer) took a dump, he was a guy who can tear it down and fix it. And he can do almost anything on our SC’s. I will look at my PM’s if I can get his credentials (but cannot promise I can find it).
Old 12-23-13, 08:23 AM
UGAALF
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I searched for an installer in ATL and found a name. He is well known in the area for audio installs. When my Radio (CG changer) took a dump, he was a guy who can tear it down and fix it. And he can do almost anything on our SC’s. I will look at my PM’s if I can get his credentials (but cannot promise I can find it).
That would be great! Thanks
Old 12-23-13, 09:28 AM
mandyfig

Found him, his name is Tony and his outfit is Mobile Acoustic. I have requested his phone contact #. I do not vouch for him, as he has not done work for me, however I think he is good at what he does.

I will let you know if he PM's me.
Old 12-27-13, 05:14 AM
Moondog
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mandy and UGAALF, I live in Canton. I used the Best Buy in Canton to install a new Pioneer, the new wiring harness, bluetooth and XM Radio. However, the guy left. But he is "famous" in the Best Buy there at Canton and they all know him...he works at another shop in the area. You can call the Best Buy there and they can give you the info. I would highly recommend the guy.
Old 12-27-13, 05:32 AM
mandyfig

There you go! Moondog was the guy who endorsed this "guy." But he is no longer with Best Buy, so that will be a chore to pin him down.

Thanks Moondog!
Old 12-27-13, 07:30 AM
UGAALF
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
There you go! Moondog was the guy who endorsed this "guy." But he is no longer with Best Buy, so that will be a chore to pin him down.

Thanks Moondog!
Thanks for the help Moondog
Old 12-28-13, 07:11 PM
Moondog
Driver

I have an update for you on this... The guy is Nick and he works at Monster Audio in Kennesaw. Good Luck..
Old 12-30-13, 08:01 AM
UGAALF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Moondog
I have an update for you on this... The guy is Nick and he works at Monster Audio in Kennesaw. Good Luck..
I called Monster Audio and Nick was busy at the time. However, I spoke to Jim the owner and he was very familiar with SC 430 installations, as he has done several. He talked to me about the Beatsonic, various head units and options, and it was obvious he wasn't bsing with me. I am going to run by there in the next day or so and discuss my options, look at the units and likely move forward with an installation.
Old 12-30-13, 04:23 PM
Moondog
Driver

Good deal...you will love it! It was costly to purchase the items needed, (the Beatsonic item alone was about $400, if I remember correctly) but I am 150% satisfied. I would do it again. It just gives you plenty of options. You would not be able to get XM, iPod/iPhone etc, bluetooth, backup camera etc....without it. Post some pics when you finish the work. Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-30-13, 04:47 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Moondog
Good deal...you will love it! It was costly to purchase the items needed, (the Beatsonic item alone was about $400, if I remember correctly) but I am 150% satisfied. I would do it again. It just gives you plenty of options. You would not be able to get XM, iPod/iPhone etc, bluetooth, backup camera etc....without it. Post some pics when you finish the work. Let us know how it goes.
Hey Moondog, no disrespect but I was able to add an Aux Sound Input & dedicated Ipod/iPhone connection, Bluetooth phone and media control, backup camera, and media integration without BeatSonic. I know it's a great product but I just really liked how the center stack looked with the functional closing doors and matching brushed metal... even though I do agree, the stereo is played out with it's old school cassette deck. Just saying there are other options if BeatSonic doesn't grab owners right away. My total project totaled about the single cost of the BeatSonic headunit (without installation charge, I'd predict). Just a thought.... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...on-naviks.html
Old 12-30-13, 05:08 PM
Moondog
Driver

Hey ShawnOk, no disrespect taken. I read your post when it was posted with great interest. My work had already been done. But what you have done does look very nice. While my door on the radio does close, I do like your option of having the original brushed metal trim around the radio...I would like to have that with mine. One thing I have learned is that there are "many ways to skin a cat." (If I can use an old saying)... Your work was pretty cool!