Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

try a diy spacer or something.
Old 08-10-04, 12:13 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Alpha8A
hey guys, are your bulbs touching the lens? on my sidemarker, the bulb is hitting the lens a LOT and makes the lens bulge. im thinking of not putting any lights in there for now until i can find maybe a smaller bulb because i would hate to see all of my hard work go down the drain when the lens falls off while im driving.

192 and 168 bulbs are basically the same other than the fact that the 192 is a little longer. throw in a 168 and you should be fine..
Old 08-10-04, 05:20 PM
Tryk
Pole Position

I am just throwing this number off the top of my head but I think I used 194 bulbs. They are the smaller than the 168's and fit just fine.
Old 08-11-04, 04:39 PM
Alpha8A
Driver

hey guys, i finally finished my frosted sidemarkers. they came out OK not great. the paint didnt dry too well but all well it was my first mod and cant expect it to be perfect.. it still looks great from far away though. thanks to all u guys who helped me throughout the process. (tryk racing and others)
Attached Thumbnails clear bumper lights-img_1344shrunk.jpg  
Old 08-12-04, 12:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

so are there anymore being made? if so i want a set of clear, fosted and light smoked. just tell me when to paypal.
Old 08-13-04, 04:06 PM
smelkony
Driver School Candidate

Default An Idea!!!

I also have a gold sc and i got the frosted ones too. But the crazy clue I used showed when the two pieces were stuck together. So i painted the whole thing gold (just like my calipers) it looks great. And i put in 194 hyper white LED bulbs inside of them. If you can use transparent gold paint. But I used engine (heat resistant) paint, cuz thats all i had at the time. The hyper white dont look to white because of the gold paint but its better than the stock ones. Just a suggestion (that I already did) LoL.
Attached Thumbnails clear bumper lights-dscf0213.jpg  
Old 08-14-04, 09:29 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

In regards to www.takakaira.com, let me first say that yes! their customer service and tracking is outstanding. I received my order in less than 5 days after confirmation-from Japan!

I installed my clear corners today and I have to admit that I am very impressed. The quality and fit are excellent, and the appearance is OEM-like. The chrome inner bezel shows through brilliantly, complimentary to the new headlamps units. The lens is not flat, but it increases in height from front to back. This provides a little extra illumination to cars approaching from the rear as the corner light is visible sooner due to the projection. Additionally, the facets in the lens disperse the light consistently, whether you are using 194's or especially LED's. You don't see the bulb, only the light.

Overall, this was an excellent upgrade worthy of the price, IMO. This project, combined with new headlamps and [self] refinished fog/driving lights, made for a substantial improvement and update. For those of you who want top-notch quality and appearance, this is the way to go. No glue mess, popped-off lens, bulb clearance issues, etc. I will be happy to post a pic or 3 if any of you are interested in the results.

THE HEARSECUTOR
Old 08-14-04, 09:40 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

I do have a shot afterall..............
Attached Thumbnails clear bumper lights-clearcorner.jpg  

Last edited by BoneDaddy; 08-14-04 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-14-04, 10:03 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

hey, bonedaddy you removed your foglights? could you post up more pictures of that fog-less front bumper?
Old 08-14-04, 10:23 PM
BoneDaddy
Driver School Candidate

Yeah Calvin- I was in the middle of refinishing the lens when I snapped this pic. Now that I'm thinking of it, part of me wants to leave out the original lights and throw in something "round" as I'm wondering how it would look with the new (Kaminari) front lip spoiler. Hmmmm... something to consider..... I'll get a shot in the morning prior to the reinstall.

THE HEARSECUTOR

Last edited by BoneDaddy; 08-14-04 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 07:59 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

bump if lex400sc still has any polycarbonate plastic pieces.
Old 08-20-04, 08:08 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

indypwr when u picking up the clear lens I made you?
Old 08-20-04, 08:54 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by lexus4jess2
indypwr when u picking up the clear lens I made you?

lexus4jess if you dont mind me asking, what material did you use? the same kind that lex400sc bought from tap plastics? if so where could i get sheet of those in socal?
Old 08-23-04, 09:46 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally posted by Calvin L

lexus4jess if you dont mind me asking, what material did you use? the same kind that lex400sc bought from tap plastics? if so where could i get sheet of those in socal?
I used a piece of headlight for a 5serie sedan.Will not go yellow on me. I work in a sheet metal shop.hehe.

I make all kinds of mod's there.check out my links in my sig.
Old 11-23-04, 08:19 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Does anyone know of a plastic shop in Southern Cali (like the TAP Plastics up in Northern Cali) that will make a clearn lens for our cars? Or if someone up north is planning on having lenses made at TAP, could up PM me so I could order a pair too? I've tried looking for a clear durable plastic matieral at Lowes and Home Depot, but there wasn't anything that I really liked....

Quick Reply: clear bumper lights