FS: Stillen Supra Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-04 | 11:52 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Default FS: Stillen Supra Sway Bars

I have a set of Stillen Supra Sway Bars for sale. These are for SC300's only. On the SC400 the front bar will run into the oil filter mount as soon as the front suspension compresses. I bought these for my SC400, bolted the front one on, realized the problem, and promptly removed it. Rear bar was never even attempted. So, I have a pretty much new set with all included hardware, instructions, stickers, etc to be shipped in the original box. You'll need the Supra rear endlinks/brackets or adjustable 'heim' joint endlinks to install the rear bar. Asking $180 shipped to anywhere in the 48 contiguous states. PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-15-04 | 10:21 AM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

any flix?
Old 06-17-04 | 10:40 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

your post is a little confusing. it says supra sway bars but it also says theyre for the sc300. My only concern is really the rear bar. Will it bolt to the SC mounting points (made for sc300) or will it need the supra subframe mounts (made for a supra) If it will bolt to the SC mounting points ill take them and will send payment immediately.
Old 06-17-04 | 10:46 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

actually ill take them
drop me an email with your paypal address

rscott76@ucla.edu
Old 06-17-04 | 10:58 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Okay, for clarification, these are Stillen sway bars intended for the JZA80 Supra. They are not a straight up bolt-on on an SC. Furthermore, if you own an SC400, do not buy these bars. The center bend of the front bar tips back further than the stock bar, and will run into the oil filter. On the SC300, the front bar will bolt up with no modifications. The rear bar is a different story. The mounting points are different on the Supra. Where the bar bolts to the subframe via the bushings and U-brackets, as well as the endlinks. The bushings and brackets are shorter on the Supra. On the SC they are unusually long. So, you'll either need the Supra brackets and use the supplied Stillen bushings, or use the universal Energy bushings and brackets that I'm including. Since the ends of the rear bar bend at an obtuse angle, as opposed to the right angle on the SC, you'll need Supra endlinks or come up with another method to bolt to the lower control arms. One possibility is to purchase or build adjustable spherical rod-end "heim" joint links. I am not including the endlinks with the bars. I hope this clears everything up.
Old 06-18-04 | 07:38 PM
P.Williams
Pit Crew

Default Pics per request

A few of you have asked me for a photo, so here you go. A little more info: The front bar is a 30mm solid bar, vs. the stock 30mm hollow bar. This bar is 50% stiffer than stock. The rear bar is a 20mm solid bar, vs. the stock 22mm hollow bar. The rear bar is also adjustable and is 30% stiffer than stock on the center setting. Also, these include rear urethane bushings. However, the Supra rear bushings are shorter than the SC's, so you'd need the Supra's bushing brackets. Lucky for you, I'll include a set of Energy Suspension 20mm greaseable urethane bushings which includes the brackets (not shown in the photo.) If that weren't enough, I'll also throw in a pair of Daizen 30mm front urethane sway bar bushings (also not shown in the photo,) since the Stillen kit doesn't include front bushings.
Attached Thumbnails FS:  Stillen Supra Sway Bars-stillensways.jpg  
Old 06-19-04 | 04:34 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

payment sent