FS: Black Passenger Door Panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-04, 11:58 AM
Dixond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Black Passenger Door Panel

UPDATED PRICE!!!!!! $120 shipped or any reasonable offers!!! Let me Know!!

I bought this part way back when I needed an interior door handle since mine was broken and at the time that was the only way I could find an interior door handle.
I'm not sure of the year but the door seems to be in excellent condition. It does not have an interior door release as as I had to exchange it w/ my broken one but for all those looking to do the black interior conversion, your old handle will fit.
The molding is in great shape. It doesn't have the normal wear and tear (breaks next to the window switches) that normal doors have. The door arm rest leather is in amazing condition. I just wish my tan leather was looking this good (... in tan). The speaker mesh has no tears or marks on it (maybe a little dust as it has been sitting around a while). And, the wood trim around the (now broken) door handle is still a gorgeous non-faded rich color (but it can be removed to match up w/ your existing faded wood color if yours isn't in such top notch condition )
Any other questions, feel free to ask me and i'll post more pics if needed.
Thanks,
Dix

^^ the little ridge on this corner of the speaker cover upon first inspection seemed to be the normal breaking point of the door. BUT in fact, it is still intact. After inspecting the backside of the door in that area, I can assure you there are no cracks in the area and it still sturdy w/ no signs of stress.

And also, like I said, the leather is still soft... just a little dusty.

All of this leads me to believe that the door is 97+ but of course, it will fit all models.
I don't know what this is worth, so I am looking to get $120 shipped for it, make me an offer either way

Last edited by Dixond; 07-09-04 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-04, 07:55 AM
Dixond
Pole Position

Oh come on. With people wanting to a black conversion or just wanting some black accents in a tan interior, I'm surprised that no one has even pm'ed lol. Seems like a resonable price compared to some of the other doors I've seen sold on here... especially for the condition that this one is in.
Let me know.
Thanks,
Dix
Old 06-22-04, 10:33 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its cracked near the speaker, which means its ready to tear right there. and other things are prob. brittle
you want too much.
Old 06-22-04, 10:59 AM
Dixond
Pole Position

Originally posted by SDSC300
its cracked near the speaker, which means its ready to tear right there. and other things are prob. brittle
you want too much.
Actually, if you had read my post, I stated that it is NOT broken, I have pictures of the back particle board (or w/e the doors are made of) that makes up the entire door and it proves that there are NO cracks in that area. It is solid. I took pictures again w/ my little bro's Zire71 as I do not have a digital camera and as soon as he gets back, I'll post them up to prove it.

As far as other things being "prob. brittle", from what basis do you make that judgement? I have stated that this is a quality door from a newer model SC4/3. It is NOT brittle by any means. I hold CL w/ high regard and would not come on here praising something that is crappy. We are a community here and I respect that. So please respect my judgement and trust that it is a quality piece.

I think the price is reasonable considering that I've talked to other members who have sold their doors for 200 dollars. In fact, there is a grey door on here(CL Classifieds) w/o speaker cover or door switch(like mine) but from an early 90's era SC going for 200. judging from the good condition leather and still beautiful wood trim, I'd say that this one came out of 97+.
So, I think my price is reasonable.
Thanks,
Dix

P.S. Pictures from a Zire71 don't do it justice. It looks faded in the pictures. I'll try to get it under better lighting and with a better camera, but trust me that it is quality.

^^^ No Breakage!!!!

Last edited by Dixond; 06-23-04 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-25-04, 12:49 AM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesn't look normal to me. so if you push on it, it doesn't give at all huh.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Black Passenger Door Panel-18260set336.jpg  
Old 06-25-04, 07:30 AM
Dixond
Pole Position

Correct.
Just to make sure I'm not going insane, everytime I read this thread, I go back and double check to make sure.
I pressed down on that exact point and for some reason there is a little extra padding in that area. I pressed harder and was able to feel the hard panel through the padding supporting the force. There is no crack there. TRUST ME
Like I said, I wouldn't lie about a product that I'm selling on here. I respect this board too much. Pretty much everything I know about my car, I have learned from this board. I would not go and falsely advertise a piece that I know many CL members have a problem with. That'd be really low and it would only allow me to commit social sucide on this board in order to make a few measely bucks.
Believe me. The door does not have the normal crack there. I don't think it has been on an SC long enough in order to develop it.
Peace,
Dix
Old 07-09-04, 04:28 PM
Dixond
Pole Position

Price updated
$120 shipped or any reasonable offers!
Old 08-12-04, 09:21 PM
Dixond
Pole Position