WTB: JDM Style Sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 10:34 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb WTB: JDM Style Sidemarkers

Hey friends, I'll keep this short & sweet. I want the orange-colored JDM style sidemarkers (the wedge style, ones w/ the stickey outey things ) in good or new condition. I would also potentially be interested in the clear JDM style, but I know they are more pricey & I do not want to spend over $80 for two little pieces of plastic. If you have a pair or could relay information regarding where I can order them for a reasonable price I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance, you guys always come through.
Take care,
- Johnny
Old 01-25-05, 11:10 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this the one you're looking for??

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...C00465-med.JPG

i got mine off fleebay....for 60.00
Old 01-26-05, 11:47 AM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally Posted by indypwr
is this the one you're looking for??

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...C00465-med.JPG

i got mine off fleebay....for 60.00
YES! Exactly what I want. I've been checking ebay without having any luck though $60 sounds reasonable for a new set.
Old 01-26-05, 12:05 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

May I ask why are these desirable? They're exactly like the OEM ones except for the little raised portion which is almost unnoticable. Just curious as to why someone would want a mod like this that's so time consuming, costly for what the end result is, and barely noticable?
Old 01-26-05, 01:26 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
May I ask why are these desirable? They're exactly like the OEM ones except for the little raised portion which is almost unnoticable. Just curious as to why someone would want a mod like this that's so time consuming, costly for what the end result is, and barely noticable?
If my sidemarkers were still stock I probably wouldnt bother. BUT I've tried two different times for DIY jobs. No matter how good you think they'll look, after a few months they end up looking like garbage. So in my case, I need to change them & want a stock look. So why not just pick up the JDM style which I prefer? even though the difference is very subtle. As for time consumption, I've had them in & out too many times to count. It takes no more than 20 minutes if you know what you're doing & have a good ratchet set.
Old 01-26-05, 01:48 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverBolt 219
If my sidemarkers were still stock I probably wouldnt bother. BUT I've tried two different times for DIY jobs. No matter how good you think they'll look, after a few months they end up looking like garbage. So in my case, I need to change them & want a stock look. So why not just pick up the JDM style which I prefer? even though the difference is very subtle. As for time consumption, I've had them in & out too many times to count. It takes no more than 20 minutes if you know what you're doing & have a good ratchet set.
Ahh, now I see. I was just wondering because mine are OEM and I wanted something different. I saw these and though "why bother, no one will notice but me"..then I saw you were interested as well and wanted to know why. Thanks for the reply. I haven't taken mine out yet but I read that it's a pain for some people. For those who have removed them a couple of times it's pretty easy. I have a decent ratchet set (Craftsman) so it shouldn't be too hard when I have the time and energy to actually do it. But now I want the clear Takakaira ones...the pricey ones
Old 01-26-05, 02:00 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Ahh, now I see. I was just wondering because mine are OEM and I wanted something different. I saw these and though "why bother, no one will notice but me"..then I saw you were interested as well and wanted to know why. Thanks for the reply. I haven't taken mine out yet but I read that it's a pain for some people. For those who have removed them a couple of times it's pretty easy. I have a decent ratchet set (Craftsman) so it shouldn't be too hard when I have the time and energy to actually do it. But now I want the clear Takakaira ones...the pricey ones
The Takakaira corners are real nice, but I refuse to pay over $100 for them for a couple reasons: 1) I'm a college kid & cant afford to blow money on mods & 2) They're only 4-inch pieces of plastic!!! They're simply not worth that much money! I remember a few years ago when I first took mine out. I was having a little trouble figuring out which screws to take out & one of the members was kind enough to take a picture of his own car & circle the appropriate screws Back when I posted frequently around here, people were always so nice & I'm sure they still are, but from what I see at a quick glance is that the answer to every question is "O God, you're such a newb, this has been asked like 900 gazillion times, haven't you ever heard of a search button?!" Whatever. Mike, I'll do a search for that thread & post the results if I find it. It's not too hard.

Edit: Got it This helped me out alot in 02: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/48741-please-help.html

Last edited by SilverBolt 219; 01-26-05 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-27-05, 01:08 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i actually got lucky on the jdm markers on fleebay. the seller waz actually auctioning a jdm bumper with the markers. but since nobody was interested on the bumper (ran for 2 weeks), i made a deal with him to sell me the markers for a fair price. keep looking for jdm bumper on fleebay and if it does not sell, ask them anyways if they can part the markers out. it does not hurt to ask.........
Old 01-27-05, 01:41 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks man! Take it easy...and good luck
Old 01-30-05, 07:14 AM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

No luck tracking down a pair yet Anyone else have a suggestion for locating them? An online vedor maybe?? Thanks guys.
Old 02-08-05, 10:28 PM
SilverBolt 219
Pole Position

No luck on ebay.....
Someone???? Anyone????!