93 SC400 wrecked and parting out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-05, 03:19 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexatron
Sorry, guys. This has been hell on me as its my only vehicle and Ive been really busy.

My stoooopid insurance company called me today and said that the adjuster underestimated the value of my vehicle and that they will pay to have it repaired.

I had a friend of mine send out a guy that owns a body shop and he said he could fix it good as new with a full new paint job and all.

I did some adding up of prices on all of the parts people were needing up to today and it's now clear to me that I wont get the $ I need if I was to part it out, let alone the time it takes to remove and ship to you all.

Ruined my rep? I have posted 3 times saying that people should be patient and that my main concern, if I was going to part the car out, (First post in my threaed) was to sell the engine, tranny and rear end. No takers. So sorry you misread.

Thank you to all that showed interest, but I am now keeping the car.
Hey, we're all glad that another SC doesn't end up in the scrap heap, but proper forum etiquette would have been to respond to the requests once in a while. At least you could have updated everyone of the status instead of just being a no show. This is one way to develop a bad rap which makes buying or selling anything in the future more difficult. Anyways, good luck with the repairs on your SC. This is just MO so take it as you wish.

JP