WTB: 97-00 front grill

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 04:04 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

if its that serious i will let you take the grill.
Old 12-08-05, 04:33 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damnit, i'll take the grill.........ill pay extra $35.00..for it !!!

mods, pls close this thread.............j/k hahahhaha
Old 12-08-05, 04:35 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
Hey Mike if im not mistaken the group buy prices are in effect at Carson for 75 . By the time you pay shipping for that used one you wouldnt be saving that much anyhow. Maybe $20 or so? Not to mention you dont have to worry about the possibility of getting screwed or having to repaint or fix it if its in bad shape . Just my 2 pennys .
Trust me i feel you man, but try not to be too upset with Cherp, He's cool , I dont think he meant to dis you like that....i think he just got overexcited .
Take it easy !
The seller sold the grill for $30 shipped. But here's what you don't know, the seller first tried to get me into a bidding war via pm when he saw both Cherplex and I wanted the grill, even though he offered it to me first in my thread. I don't play that. I could have easily offered him $50 for the grill and he would have gone right back to Cherplex and tried to squeeze him for more dough, again, a big no-no and something I don't want to be a part of.

And I'm not exactly mad about it, more like disappointed because we're all cool here, or at least I thought we were.

Originally Posted by cherplex
if its that serious i will let you take the grill.
Lol, so now you'll let me "take" something that was offered to me FIRST in my own WTB ad? No thanks man. You snaked it so enjoy it as best you can. Nothing happens in God's universe by accident, meaning it's probably for the best that I didn't get this grill, I don't know the seller and there are no pics of the grill being shown, we're simply trusting him to be upstanding...and I can see that some people on this forum are not worthy of trust. So it's probably for the best that I don't bother with this. This is now a tainted grill and I don't want it on my car, something bad might happen...ya know, what with karma and all
Old 12-08-05, 04:39 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

nevermind...
Old 12-08-05, 05:02 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

We are all cool here. I sent seller a pm asking for pics and price after I saw his reply in this thread. Seller then posted it for sale so I called dibs. All he did was first come first serve like anybody else would have done.
Old 12-08-05, 06:25 PM
kpack
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok listen im the seller and i can sell my part to anyone i want. i did not know that it was against the rules to have an auction. so when i found it out i cut it off. i simply let the first person first dibs. do not try to say that anything is wrong with my grill. i know it is in perfect condition and so just in case the buyer does not want it i even told him he could sell it back to me and i would give him a full refund. so do not try and bad mouth me or my sells. oh and the only reason why there is no pic is because it would not upload on to the sight at that moment. just because you did not get to me in time does not mean that you need to bad mouth me. i understand that you were upset about the curent buyer and the jacking of your thread. just do not bring me into your fight. i simply am trying to sell a part off my car. if i had realized that you started the thread then i would have given you first dibs.
Old 12-09-05, 07:48 AM
cal9126
Pole Position

i have the 97+ front bumper foam if anyone is interested.......
Old 12-09-05, 08:52 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

If someone takes the initiative to post a thread requesting a part then why do others feel the right to jack the thread ??

IF anything I would have thought that if the original poster "declines" the purchase "then" it is open to others...

Kpack .. I agree that you have the right to sell to anyone you wish so this is not directed at you but I think professional etiquette would move a seller to always give 1st dibs to the starter of the thread..... ...

Mike ..... things have changed on this site
Old 12-09-05, 09:59 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Guys let me chime in here, there are several things going on that need some clarification.

1) There is no such thing as 'dibs'... it IS up to the seller to select who they want to sell their item to. This can be for a number of reasons such as local to them, past feedback, etc.

HOWEVER, this is a WTB thread started by Mike asking for a particular part. The sniping of the part on Mike's own thread is in extremely poor taste and IMO that buyer should pass on the part in deference to Mike should he still want it. Anyone that wants this piece should start their own thread if you wanted the same part, or wait until the person who started the thread passed on the item.

I'm going to add 'No sniping on WTB posts' into the classified forum rules to try to head this off in the future.

2) Kpack, there is no auction style bidding allowed on our forum, that's clearly posted in the rules at the top of every single classified forum and the main rules. Sell the item for a price you think is fair. We don't allow bidding / auctions because of the arguments and bad blood it starts between members or buyers and sellers. This thread is a perfect case in point of why we don't allow that.

SSpruce, don't give up because of the actions of a couple of folks, please.
Old 12-09-05, 10:21 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks Dave, and everyone else.

kpack, you didn't know the rules against auction-style sales so I advised you of them...no one badmouthed you or your sale, not even close. I simply stated that I haven't seen your grill or any pics of it, I don't know you personally or through the forums, so buying it is a bit of a risk (especially considering how you wanted to be paid) and since all THIS happened it's probably for the best that I leave it alone.

If anyone else has a '97 SC grill for sale please let me know, it's probably best to just pm me so we can avoid situations like what happaned here. Thanks again guys.
Old 12-09-05, 10:34 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

I formally want to apologise for my actions. mikeloc24 once the grill comes in, I will sell it to you for the $30 shipped. I will take some pics. Let me know.
Old 12-09-05, 10:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

I formally want to apologise for my actions. mikeloc24 once the grill comes in, I will sell it to you for the $30 shipped. I will take some pics. Let me know.

Excellent gesture cherplex thank you
Old 12-09-05, 11:11 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Thats a stand up move bro....
Old 12-09-05, 12:06 PM
kpack
Pole Position

this did not start because i was going to aution off my part. which i called off just to get every thing clear. and mike was willing to buy it from me for $35. so when i was informed of the rules i decided that it was a **** move and i was not going to do it. it started because of the sniping of the part, again just so everyone is clear. if my current buyer is simply going to sell the grill to mike why dont mike just pay me and i will send him the part. this will elliminate any extra shipping charges. if everyone agrees to this then i will sell the part to mike for the $30. and the only reason why i asked for a money order is because people have been getting my brother's info from paypal and buying all sorts of stuff. so he is closing his account. im not on this sight to play favorites i did not realize who pmed me until i already told cherplex he could have the part. i just saw that someone wanted the part that i simply had laying around the house so i decided to sell it. thats all. i would have given mike first dibs on the part if i had realized that he started the tread so about that mike im sorry. i will be more careful next time about who i sell my items to
Old 12-09-05, 12:23 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kpack
if my current buyer is simply going to sell the grill to mike why dont mike just pay me and i will send him the part. this will elliminate any extra shipping charges. if everyone agrees to this then i will sell the part to mike for the $30....i would have given mike first dibs on the part if i had realized that he started the tread so about that mike im sorry. i will be more careful next time about who i sell my items to
I don't hold grudges and cherplex and I hashed it out so it's cool. PM me and let me know what you want to do since it's your part

Quick Reply: WTB: 97-00 front grill