BFI complete with K&N and ABS shielding

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05 | 10:22 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Default BFI complete with K&N and ABS shielding

This was made by sc400t... purchased from him a while back and just never used it.

This is exactly per spec on the aussie site with HUGE velocity stacks.

No need to cut up your stock box.... just swap this sucker in. (no pun intended)

ABS plastic is already cut and fabbed to seal out air in your engine bay... and it comes with extra just in case.

K&N is pretty much new

200 shipped firm
Old 12-21-05 | 06:37 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Got any pics?
Old 12-21-05 | 07:27 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ummagawd
This was made by sc400t... purchased from him a while back and just never used it.

This is exactly per spec on the aussie site with HUGE velocity stacks.

No need to cut up your stock box.... just swap this sucker in. (no pun intended)

ABS plastic is already cut and fabbed to seal out air in your engine bay... and it comes with extra just in case.

K&N is pretty much new

200 shipped firm
This should be interested, I'd like to see pictures as well. I'm guessing I could pay someone to do the same job locally in 45mns for less than $200+shipping, so whats the point of this?
Old 12-21-05 | 08:19 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

i'll take pics tonight

sourcemine... that's great man... go do it
Old 12-22-05 | 07:19 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sourcemine
This should be interested, I'd like to see pictures as well. I'm guessing I could pay someone to do the same job locally in 45mns for less than $200+shipping, so whats the point of this?
A proper BFI takes more than just 45 minutes to fabricate and install.

Pics will help with the sale! GL

Last edited by MikeFD3S; 12-22-05 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-22-05 | 10:37 PM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFD3S
A proper BFI takes more than just 45 minutes to fabricate and install.

Pics will help with the sale! GL
He is selling just the airbox correct? and some trim pieces? top/bottom? and a K&N(which is worth 0 to me).

More than 45mns to drill three holes and fit in 3 fill pieces? on what planet?
Old 12-23-05 | 01:10 AM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

*sigh* is it really that hard to just click "back" on your browser when you see something you're not interested in?

look... listen to what mike said... let it sink in...

now... .that BFI is nice and all but is still pointless(might as well get a cone style intake) unless you seal the chamber from all engine air... you're not gonna get the "ram air" benefits with it all exposed like that.

this piece alone (towards the top) would take you a good amount of time if you have experience heating and shaping ABS plastic..

and the rest of the pics

this is pretty much everything you need to properly seal off the intake so that air is being forced in while you're driving from air OUTSIDE the car only.

this will also include the big extra piece of ABS "just in case" as well as some bolts.
Old 12-23-05 | 07:28 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

sourcemine......why do you find it necessary to **** on this guys thread.....if your not interested in the product, move on. I just dont get it when people do this!!

ummagawd.......do you have any pics of this set up installed on a car, it might help the sale?
Old 12-23-05 | 07:38 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
sourcemine......why do you find it necessary to **** on this guys thread.....if your not interested in the product, move on. I just dont get it when people do this!!

ummagawd.......do you have any pics of this set up installed on a car, it might help the sale?
How am I sh1ting on the thread? He posting no pictures and is asking to sell a mod that normally cost people $8 in materials some time. I said I wanted to see pictures and wanted to justify the price from the first response. I'm a qualified buyer, I'm not dicking around crapping on peoples prices and their items, I'm interested and I want to justify where the money is going.

I AM Interested... I've been wanting to do this for a while, I asked David(lextreme) to do the mods on my box a while back, he's just been busy.

I want to justify the cost in purchasing a new box, I want to know what was done, how it look and what not. Now with the pictures we all have a better idea. (personally if the stacks were done a little smaller he'd have a sale)

Last edited by sourcemine; 12-23-05 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-23-05 | 11:33 AM
lexsc492
Pole Position

im interested check pm
Old 12-23-05 | 12:33 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Hey sourcemine if you happened to look up how much a stock air box costs from Lexus its around $410, so he’s offering you a way to keep your box stock and just swap it out with the BFI, so that means you will always have your stock air box intact and untouched while you have your performance one too....
Old 12-23-05 | 02:03 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

At either rate, it's his item. So if he wants to price it "high" it's up to him. It's worth what someone else is willing to pay.
Old 12-23-05 | 06:00 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

okay okay... its cool... i've over it

sourcemine... there's pics... think what you want

unfortunately ... i don't have pics of this particular BFI installed in a car as i never got a chance to install it myself. But the install is pretty straight forward... and the ABS pieces cover and seal everything up neatly.
Old 12-23-05 | 06:54 PM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Really if I had the money I'd jump on this.
Old 12-23-05 | 08:10 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

That's a pretty decent BFI

I'm definitely interested in it, but unfortunately x-mas and a recent run in with Torrance PD took away all of my $$$. We'll see if it's still available next week.

sourcemine-

I doubt many people have BFI materials just sitting around at their house. Velocity stacks/egg cups, the K&N, ABS plastic or whichever material you use are not sitting around in most people's garages.

I live on planet Los Angeles, where TIME=MONEY

It takes both time and money to go out and source those materials. It takes time to fabricate the box, time to properly size and cleanly cut those block off plates. Even with the templates available online, it still takes a bit of finesse to do it cleanly.

I don't always have the luxury of spending my time after work or weekends to run around and source or fabricate parts. Being able to keep your stock airbox is definitely a good thing...an **** officer or smog technician could very well cite your intake as not passable...the stock unmodified one is your insurance.

Let's let the man sell his shiat, we've got the pictures, and we've got pretty much all of the info that we need.

Quick Reply: BFI complete with K&N and ABS shielding