WTB: Supra shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 05:05 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Supra shocks/struts

really need these quick, will be in south fl for the next few days, then charlotte after that if i could pick them up.
waiting to buy some springs that would go with them but i dont want to buy the springs without the shocks.
Old 12-28-06, 11:18 PM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Default Supra shocks

Vince,

Nobody that has creds seems to be on line. I am no expert but have recently danced with this topic and have gotten some good advice. It would seem that if you were a "racer" you would be going straight into the coil-overs. If you go with the Supra shocks you get a firmer ride than stock SC and if you go with "STOCK" Supra springs it will lower the Lex SC an inch. Not radical and you keep your ride. The only shock that you can EXPECT to give you a really good ride and still come alive when you lean on it is the Bilstein. In my humble opinion. I think you should be getting stock springs from NAPA or Kragen or Checker. New, they would be as good as used Supra stuff and they deliver the next day. If you are just trying to get by for a while you could even use Monroes for the Supra...don't laugh.

You need all you retaining hardware from the top of the stock SC shock if you go with the Supra shock. I understand it is all interchangeable. If you lose that stuff, like I did, Gazi will replace all of it and the springs for @ $175. Nuff said?

I was trying to give you alternatives here and I remind you I said I was not an expert. Verify everything!

Good luck with your project

John
Old 12-29-06, 02:29 AM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

i have sprint supra for sale. let me know they lower low too
Old 12-29-06, 05:12 PM
kbprice
Driver School Candidate

I've got a set of front Bilsteins. I also have the stock springs off my Supra. $100 and I'll ship it all.