WTB: 2jz gte jdm wiring harness not aristo

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 05:34 AM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 2jz gte jdm wiring harness not aristo

as it says i need the wiring harness. i already have a aristo harness that i extended and found out it wont work on my car/ecu
Old 08-13-07, 06:44 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

If you just extended the aristo harness of course it wouldn't work. It would only work if you had a GS300. You need to mate the aristo harness with the body plugs from the original SC3 harness. Even if you get a usdm gte harness you still need to rewire it so that the original sc300 body plugs are at the end. The ecu won't matter.
Old 08-13-07, 06:03 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

ok. treat me like an idiot......i need to get what to make this work right? from what i understood i needed to extend the length and it would work. my buisness partner has a gs300 with a aristo swap and it looks like it was just extended. im doing a swap into a sc400 and all i need left is the harness. HELP
Old 08-13-07, 06:12 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKED 1
i need to get what to make this work right?
some wiring diagrams and a little electrical savvy.

from what i understood i needed to extend the length and it would work.
extending the wiring harness alone would only work if you were using an engine and harness from a Soarer.

my buisness partner has a gs300 with a aristo swap and it looks like it was just extended.
it was. the aristo and the gs300 are essentially the same car, so the wiring was cross-compatible without any other modifications.

im doing a swap into a sc400 and all i need left is the harness. HELP
you have the harness. you need to do some repinning of wires to make sure the body plugs line up to your SC how they were intended on the SC...not how they came pinned for an aristo.

this will be challenging, but not impossible by any means. get to know the wiring diagrams.
Old 08-13-07, 06:12 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

ok. treat me like an idiot......i need to get what to make this work right? from what i understood i needed to extend the length and it would work. my buisness partner has a gs300 with a aristo swap and it looks like it was just extended. im doing a swap into a sc400 and all i need left is the harness. HELP
The Aristo and the GS300 are the same chassis so the body plugs are the same. Since you have a SC400 the body plugs won't match up so simply extending the Aristo harness will not solve the issue. The harness you extended can still be used just find a wiring diagram and try to match up the body plugs. Not trying to make you look like an idiot bro, you just seem confused there are two different versions of a "2jzgte jdm wiring harness" the jdm supra and the Aristo. Even with the supra harness you still have to get it rewired to fit the SC4's body plugs.
Old 08-13-07, 08:10 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

i didnt feel like you were making me an idiot. iment that i really dont know. i build custom cars for a living and can wire anything.......but i now am getting an idea of what i need. if i go with a usdm harness and wires i need a maf sensor right?? i have a jdm ecu and i have a aristo harness. there is a large square plug on the aristo harness so it wont match up. is there a easier solution. i am willing to do some wiring but in every swap right up ive seen no one mentions extensive wiring
Old 08-14-07, 04:00 PM
sc300rider
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem, I have sc300 going to swap a jdm 2jz gte from an aristo, would it work if i buy a usdm supra turbo harness, using jdm ecu? any help would be great.

Trending Topics

Old 08-14-07, 05:45 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Rather than moving, repost your Q in the performance section.