99 SC300/400 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 03:36 PM
turbosw20
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries thats good though!!! Hey did you ever get my call about the rear bumper?
Old 09-15-07, 11:38 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Just got home from a wedding and got your pm. I'll have to give you the bumper back due to the reasons I called you about when I got home. I did commit to the purchase if as described which it actually was not so consider this thread still open if you want to sell it again. I'll give you a call when I'm going to head up to vegas or your welcome to try and sell it to people down here and I'll meet with whoever wants it to get my money back from them.

You might want to fix the discription a bit so no one gets mislead and disapointed though...

Last edited by Sliding SC; 09-15-07 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 12:14 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sliding SC
Just got home from a wedding and got your pm. I'll have to give you the bumper back due to the reasons I called you about when I got home. I did commit to the purchase if as described which it actually was not so consider this thread still open if you want to sell it again. I'll give you a call when I'm going to head up to vegas or your welcome to try and sell it to people down here and I'll meet with whoever wants it to get my money back from them.

You might want to fix the discription a bit so no one gets mislead and disapointed though...
sliding sc,

i told you i will not take the bumper back! why did you take the bumper home if it was not described as and you weren't satisfied with it???
you didn't bring up the damage at all, you had at least 30 min to inspect it! and you did decide to buy it and take it home didn't you!? LOL
so i'm sorry if it's something you "discovered later", but you had plenty of time to inspect it (and being "dark" isn't really a valid excuse).
i don't get why you want to go back on your word right now after i did you a favor by honoring the dibs to you, driving it down and lending you $30 for YOUR gas trip! should i have asked $100 for MY gas trip from you??? LOL

please keep your promise and paypal me the remainding $30 you owe. thank you

***(TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE BUMPER)- if SLIDING SC wants to sell it, it's HIS now so please PM him or ask him about it. from MY experience, the bumper WAS in GOOD condition. of course it's used and i THINK the green might NOT be factory paint. but then i am not 100% sure, i have very little knowledge of paint/body work. there were no cracks/flakes or scratches on the bumper. possibly a Very minor scratch on the driver side but not very noticeable (NEEDS A REPAINT anyway- per my disclosure)

Last edited by tuninghaus; 09-16-07 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 12:30 AM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Ahahah, this guy is full of it. You came down to pick up another kit and I drove to the same exact place you were to meet him which is 1.5 hrs away from San Diego to meet you.
I agreed to buy it expecting it was how you described it. No dents, tears, factory green paint etc. After driving out there first thing we discussed and I noticed was it was not factory green paint and it was not in good condition. I proceded since I already drove out there and figured I could work with the paint. Since it was dark and I took your word for the condition being good IE. no tears I agreed to get it. After seing it in some light the bumper had a tear that is right below the side marker light to the center mounting hole.

You mis-represented your item and should be ashamed of your self for taking advantage of the fact I alredy drove all the way out there so you could get rid of the bumper and pick up your kit at the same time and place.

Like I said if so many others are interested in it then I'll drive it all the way to vegas so you can sell it to them what do you have to lose?
Old 09-16-07, 12:39 AM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

I called you the same night when I got home and you said just to send a pic and you would work it out but I guess that was bs and just wanted to put me off. I sent a pm and am trying to work this out without making you look bad for being a bad seller for mis-reping your bumper but I guess you want to take things furthur.

Just pm or call me to work this out instead of threatining me through pm about I better pay you $30.00 or you'll make me look bad. I already told you I'll give you the whole bumper back in the same exact condition you gave it to me in and you can try and scam someone else. I won't post on this thread anymore so just discuss it to me through pm or call me.

If he refuses to work it out please pm me if your interested in this same bumper for $220.00 + Give this guy $30.00....
Old 09-16-07, 12:41 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

bryan,

i told you 3 times on the phone i will NOT take the bumper back! that i had no knowledge of what you were talking about and if you really want you can send me pictures. but it would not make a difference with me taking it back or not. i was having dinner with three SC friends, they can vouche for me repeating to you that you bought the bumper and i would not take it back!

here is the thing that makes absolutely no sense. i brought it down for you to see and inspect with your very eyes!!!
how can i be full of it!? if i did not describe it as i saw myself, YOU are there to see it!!! it's not like i was hiding it from you and shipped it without you seeing it in person. we spent at least 30 minutes in the parking lot talking and inspecting it and after you tried to continuously low ball me and making excuses that you had to spend gas money to get there, etc etc. come on man, you clearly bought it, you promised to paypal me $30 that you owe and we both agreed to it. WE HAVE IT IN WRITING!
remember, i told you "IT WOULD SUCK (SINCE BOTH OF US DROVE SO FAR) IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT IF YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO"
please don't make this a bigger issue than it is...
if you don't believe me that there were at least 5 people interested in the bumper i can post all of my PM's i got.
but the point is, it's YOUR bumper now and i should not take responsibility of taking it back or selling it for you.

ps- i did'nt say i would make you look bad bryan, that is NOT my purpose here. i simply mentioned to please paypal me what you owe me/promised and that i hope i wouldn't have to post our failing transaction on here.

Last edited by tuninghaus; 09-16-07 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 01:46 AM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Uh, you said you would bring it if I was 100% sure I would get it not for me to look at it. I also said as long as it was as you described and with good paint with no dents tears etc I would take it from the very begining at your full $250.00 asking price without even trying to neg a price. You assured me it was in great condition when in fact is was not so who wouldn't try to get it for less ($200.00 if thats low ball?).
Anyway after driving all the way out there expecting to come home with a bumper who wouldn't take a bit of a loss rather than a great loss in time and money and try to make it work which it may have till I saw the tear you are now refering to as a scratch.

If someone else were to have bought it and paid shipping expecting what you described how would they feel after recieving it not in that condition? I'm pretty sure its the same feeling after driving over an hour and a half in traffic except now you wasted time which you can't get back.

$250 obo!"

Its not original green factory paint which his friend even pointed out and there is a small 1" crack/tear on it so its not in great shape as described. PM me for pics. It will be sold for $220.00 to me and $30.00 to him as I don't have the money to give him yet.

Like I told this guy in front of his friend and over the phone while he was with his buddies eating dinner and even several times in PM, in the future you have to sell things clearly and honestly to prevent people from getting disapointed and problems like this from arising.

We'll anyway;

Like he said. PM me if your interested in buying the bumper. I'll send detailed pics showing the true condition. I've already wasted to much time in it so seruius inquires only... Thanks

Last edited by Sliding SC; 09-16-07 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-16-07, 09:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Guys I've read this transaction discussion and based on the facts that

1) the buyer inspected the item in person before purchasing

2) the buyer signed an 'IOU' for the remaining $30 indicating they were OK with the agreed purchase price

I'm inclined to side with the seller. If the buyer is going to re-post the item for sale, I'd ask that both parties be patient on resolving the last $30 owed and if it doesn't sell for the full price, split the difference. Please keep your communications polite.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-16-07 at 09:16 AM.