FS Front exhaust section for S&S Headers/SC400

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-08, 07:49 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Punky
What is exactly the front section? From the flanges to the X?
Yes, look at the last picture in the first post.

$90 each Magna flow cats
$90
$50 each Flex couples
$50
$80 7 premade stainless mandrel bends Cut from 2 summit "U's"
$50 5 O2 bungs
$30 stailess tube
$100 custom Water jet cut flanges, made from 5/8" stainless
$50 custom watrejet cut 3/16" copper gaskets
----------
$590 in parts alone, labor is another $150

I could sell it farther back but it will add due to I will have to have it re-made. If someone is going S&S headers this is the only way to go. Fleax couplers are a must! They eliminate the headers from getting all the vibration. This takes all the work out of the install. Just hook your tail pipe section to it and go. Keeps all the 02's for a obd2 car as well.
Old 11-30-08, 03:57 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have a few more questions.

I have S&S headers fitted onto my oem precats I cut the flange off the stock manifold and welded it to the headers. Since I used no downpipe and the precats are bolted straight to the header my precat/pipes are VERY low right now, I measured 3 fingers from the ground they drag on EVERY speed bump and larger road bumps, would this setup eliminate this?

Also I have 2.25 pipe, and yours is 2.5 I am slightly concerned about losing back pressure.
Old 11-30-08, 03:58 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

I have S&S headers fitted onto my oem precats I cut the flange off the stock manifold and welded it to the headers. Since I used no downpipe and the precats are bolted straight to the header my precat/pipes are VERY low right now, I measured 3 fingers from the ground they drag on EVERY speed bump and larger road bumps, would this setup eliminate this?

Also I have 2.25 pipe, and yours is 2.5 I am slightly concerned about losing back pressure.
Old 11-30-08, 04:41 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Punky

I guess it depends on how low your car is. The cats are 4" thick and I have them mounted as high up in the pockets as i could get them. Without seeing your setup I cant say for sure. My car is really low and the cats are the lowest point and I have scraped them from time to time.
I would not be concerned about back pressure, you are still dumping this into 2.25" right?
Old 11-30-08, 05:01 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I guess it depends on how low your car is. The cats are 4" thick and I have them mounted as high up in the pockets as i could get them. Without seeing your setup I cant say for sure. My car is really low and the cats are the lowest point and I have scraped them from time to time.
I would not be concerned about back pressure, you are still dumping this into 2.25" right?
Let me ask you this, does your ehxuast/cats hang lower than the frame of the car? Mine is about an inch lower than the frame, I think thats my problem. I am not really THAT low, I just have espelir springs.
Old 11-30-08, 05:49 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Oh yeah one more question, what flanges fit this? Does the flange on the original S&S header fit or do the oem style flanges from the stock manifold fit?
Old 12-02-08, 09:10 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

All sold.
thanks................