Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NA-T Turbo Kit, ET Streets Drag tires, MAP-ECU 1

ITEMS LOCATED IN HOUSTON, TX
Parting out this turbo kit.

-Oil feed (4+ ft) -3AN/ -10AN (17") return with block fitting :Price $55

-Same side intercooler 31'' x 11.75'' x 2.75" :SOLD Price $50
-Micky Thompson ET Streets Price $300 SOLD
-Remanufactured drop in 550cc injectors for stock 2JZ-GE rail/injector clips:Price $250 SOLD
-Treadstone Cast Manifold, Makes a ton of torque and spools faster :SOLD for $300
-Turbo blanket:SOLD Price $40
-38mm wastegate:SOLD Price $70
-Same side intercooler piping/couplers with 50mm blow off valve may need slight tweaking depending on your setup :SOLD Price $75
-CX Racing GT35 61mm T4 turbo, no shaft play :SOLDPrice $250
-3" Downpipe:SOLD Price $60

Last edited by fried_rice; 07-06-12 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-25-12, 01:28 PM
2jpowa
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Omg. I want those tires sooooo bad pm me
Old 05-25-12, 02:07 PM
AirborneH
Driver School Candidate

How many miles did you have on your car? I thought these blocks could handle 700 hp on a stock block? Anyways I am building mine and I am riding the fence about keeping this and getting your turbo set up or getting the gte
Old 05-25-12, 02:20 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

I had the kit on for less than 100 miles. The engine had been rebuilt by previous owners a time or two already, so I assume it was not done correctly. Yes, the blocks can handle 700hp safely and even more.

The GTE is a great choice, but it will cost a little more than NA-T setups. You also have to do the wiring harness which can be a pain.

Originally Posted by AirborneH
How many miles did you have on your car? I thought these blocks could handle 700 hp on a stock block? Anyways I am building mine and I am riding the fence about keeping this and getting your turbo set up or getting the gte
Old 05-25-12, 04:28 PM
Lead Lap

Is it me or is your battery really small?

But anyway, any modification required to fit the inter cooler piping?
Old 05-25-12, 05:42 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Yes, it's DEKA ETX14 and weighs only 11lbs, for road racing. The intercooler will require slight modification to some body parts, depending on how you mount it. Every front mount I've installed had slight modifications to plastic parts, lines or other misc to get it to fit.

I road race the car and have duct work on the bottom of the front bumper. I mounted the intercooler in between the frame rail which required me to cut the passenger frame rail a bit. One could mount it a little lower and not have to do this but it would hang a little lower than the front bumper. I've seen this as a common occurrence with sc's.

Originally Posted by 187
Is it me or is your battery really small?

But anyway, any modification required to fit the inter cooler piping?
Old 05-25-12, 06:38 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

interested in the map ecu 1, is it plug and play for the 1jz ecu? what else would i need? very interested lmk
Old 05-25-12, 07:18 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

The MAP-ECU will work for any engine really. You will have to solder a few wires to the harness; Usually 5 or so wires.
For the 1JZ it's RPM signal, Map signal and TPS signal, Also power and ground (can pull power from anywhere). Then you can use the stock O2 sensor, but preferably a wideband gauge so you can tune on the fly and log your air mixture as you drive.

Here's a wiring diagram for you for the 1JZ although most engines are roughly the same with different pinouts.
http://www.mapecu.com/wiring/Toyota%...%20MAP-ECU.pdf

Only thing else needed is a laptop to tune it and a wideband gauge. You can use a wideband at a dyno or buy one for $175 for in car monitoring.

Originally Posted by chnk
interested in the map ecu 1, is it plug and play for the 1jz ecu? what else would i need? very interested lmk
Old 05-25-12, 09:32 PM
gdoutlex
Pole Position

you willing to sell the wastegate dump tube, injectors and turbo blanket?
Old 05-25-12, 11:08 PM
AirborneH
Driver School Candidate

Well this is a pretty nice set up. I would like to take it off your hands. It would cost me an arm and a leg to have a get shipped here and the Germans charge 19% tax on everything including shipping. So for the time being while I am out here I will run a single set up until I get back to the states and then I will swap motors. Hell I will be going to Florida and there arena lot shops there. Can you look up what it would cost to ship it to

09075 apo ae. I will give the full addy if needed in a pm. Plus how you wanna do this, PayPal?
Old 05-25-12, 11:17 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fried_rice
The MAP-ECU will work for any engine really. You will have to solder a few wires to the harness; Usually 5 or so wires.
For the 1JZ it's RPM signal, Map signal and TPS signal, Also power and ground (can pull power from anywhere). Then you can use the stock O2 sensor, but preferably a wideband gauge so you can tune on the fly and log your air mixture as you drive.

Here's a wiring diagram for you for the 1JZ although most engines are roughly the same with different pinouts.
http://www.mapecu.com/wiring/Toyota%...%20MAP-ECU.pdf

Only thing else needed is a laptop to tune it and a wideband gauge. You can use a wideband at a dyno or buy one for $175 for in car monitoring.
sweet, thanks for the info pmed
Old 05-26-12, 01:21 AM
1993sc300
Driver School Candidate

Damn your local hopefully you still have the kit when I have the cash
Old 05-26-12, 06:48 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Not at this time, I'll pm you were you can purchase the items new though.
Originally Posted by gdoutlex
you willing to sell the wastegate dump tube, injectors and turbo blanket?
I haven't figured out an exact quote because I don't know the box size, and I couldn't get UPS or FEDEX to work. From USPS it was quoting $200-300, but it would only let me ship a certain size box and I'm not sure everything would fit in it.

Well this is a pretty nice set up. I would like to take it off your hands. It would cost me an arm and a leg to have a get shipped here and the Germans charge 19% tax on everything including shipping. So for the time being while I am out here I will run a single set up until I get back to the states and then I will swap motors. Hell I will be going to Florida and there arena lot shops there. Can you look up what it would cost to ship it to

09075 apo ae. I will give the full addy if needed in a pm. Plus how you wanna do this, PayPal?
PM replied
Originally Posted by chnk
sweet, thanks for the info pmed
Let me know. Thanks!
Originally Posted by 1993sc300
Damn your local hopefully you still have the kit when I have the cash
Old 05-26-12, 07:34 AM
AirborneH
Driver School Candidate

Yea I know a gorilla tuff box usually cost about 80 bucks to ship thru apo. Do I need the map ecu that you have for sale also?
Old 05-26-12, 07:54 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

I just put the kit in a 36" X 20"X 18" plastic box and the intercooler is a little tight for my liking. It's going to have to be bigger with bubble wrap and cardboard dividers. It will end up weighing 75+ lbs.
My zip code is 77401, if you'd like to get a better estimate for shipping, APO says I need an account.

You will need some sort of tuning for the larger injectors.The MAP-ECU works great and is probably the cheapest piggyback for the features you get.

Yea I know a gorilla tuff box usually cost about 80 bucks to ship thru apo. Do I need the map ecu that you have for sale also?

Quick Reply: TX NA-T Turbo Kit, ET Streets Drag tires, MAP-ECU 1