My SC300 Turbo (SP63 / AEM EMS) For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-03 | 06:24 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Default My SC300 Turbo (SP63 / AEM EMS) For Sale

$25,000 or bid on it on eBay (search for Turbo Lexus ... you will see it)...

Most of the info on the car can be found here:
http://www.turboforum.net/lexus

This car pretty much has it all. I purchased the car bone stock from a 60+ year old man in Ohio.
I am the 3rd owner. The first owner was a female named Olga (you can tell she was an
oldie too by the name). When I bought the car it had 84,000 miles on it. We had big plans
from day one. I ordered $10,000+ worth of parts the day after I bought the car and the
project was under way. Now, 10,000 miles later and 3x the horsepower (on pump gas,
low boost), my wife and I are going to try to buy a house (the apartment just doesn't seem
to be cutting it for our 4 month old daughter - see http://www.taralynmarie.com
for pictures of her). So, of course, the first thing to go when buying a house ... is our
favorite thing ... the Lexus, because this is what most of the money is tied up in. Enough
of the rambling, on to the facts....

The Lexus's best dyno was 511 rwhp with 500 torque at 17-18psi, 94 octane pump gas
(Sunoco Ultra 94). The car was never dynoed on race gas at high boost, but it WILL make
650 rwhp or better at 30psi. This car also has over 20 dyno pulls made at 14psi while we
were trying to shoot for daily driving tuning. It consistantly made 435-445rwhp and 430-440
torque under these conditions. This car IS a daily driver, I am at work right now and it is
sitting outside. However, this car is NOT for a first time driver. This Lexus drives 95%
like stock. It idles perfectly, it drives totally normal, you would never know it had any more
than the stock HP until you smack on it .... then it is a whole different story.

The car's best track time was 12.9 @ 118 MPH. This was done on street tires
(Toyo Proxy 225/45/17 - yes, they are skinny tires, that is what is on the car right now).
This was done at 17-18psi on Sunoco Ultra 94 pump gas. The track elevation was
680 ft and it was 90 degrees outside. 60' time was 2.3 seconds. The trap speeds are
good enough for 11 second pass with some REAL tires and a good driver, however, you
will never see below a 2.2 second 60' time on these 225/45/17 street tires.

This car is also one of the ONLY Lexus in the country that is running the AEM standalone
ECU. I believe it was the first daily driven Lexus running the AEM EMS, but I think it was
the 2nd Lexus to be running the EMS. The stock ECU will be included.

Tons of pictures can be found on my Lexus website - http://www.turboforum.net/lexus

If you have any questions or want to see any specific pictures, feel free to e-mail me angel@turboforum.net

I have receipts for everything on this car since it was born. I even have the original window
sticker ($39,000 and change). I also have the title in hand, so there will be no dealing with
bank loans, etc. I believe I have the most complete and accurate records that anyone
can possibly have. I have even logged my gas mileage, octane, price, everything,
everytime I fill up my gas tank. If you take a look at my Lexus website, you will see all
of the records. If you would like to see a copy of any receipt, feel free to e-mail me angel@turboforum.net
and I will scan it and e-mail you back. My site hasn't been updated for a few weeks ...
so the gas mileage records and the journal may be a bit behind. I do keep the gas
mileage log in the vehicle at all times, so don't worry, I have the past few weeks of records

I encourage EVERYONE who is interested to read my journal which is on the website.
It basically describes everything that we did from beginning until about a month ago. It is
under the F.A.Q. section of the website. The main things that have changed since then are ...
we fixed the idle problem, so it idles perfectly now and never stalls, and we changed the clutch
with a HorsePowerFreaks clutch kit and ACT Pressure Plate.

As with any 10-11 year old car, this one isn't perfect, it has a few flaws. There is a paint chip
on the hood that is smaller than the size of a dime. There is also a 7" scratch on the rear
bumper. The front bumper has normal wear on it from being hit by bugs at 150 MPH. Not
perfect, but still a beautiful car. The passenger side headlights is perfect and crystal clear, while
the drivers side is *fogged* up a bit and not as clear.

The interior is in great condition, just needs cleaned up a bit. Lots of greasy hands have
been in/on this car Leather seats are in great condition, and they are heated and they DO
work. Air conditioning is ICE COLD and heat is BLAZING HOT. The climate control
and the guage cluster have the normal SC300 problems. The climate control fogs up when
it is cool out so it is difficult to read, but functions perfectly. The needles in the guage
cluster each have about a 1/8" section that no longer lights up, this is also very common.
This car just passed Pennsylvania State Inspection 2 weeks ago with flying colors.

Also included will be the stock wheels in mint condition with tires
(60% rear, 90% front). I also have factory ECU, exhaust manifold and all kinds of
miscellaneous stuff that was removed for the Turbo Installation.

This car has NEVER been smoked in by any owner or passenger. It is currently
being garage kept, however, it was not always kept in the garage, it has seen all kinds of weather

I will ship this car at the buyers expense, and it is the buyers responsibity to handle all of the
shipping details and having it taken care of. Test drives are welcome, however, I will need to
see some kind of deposit in order to let people drive it so that I know you are serious, or else
I will drive it for you and let you sit in the passenger seat.

Trades+CASH offers will be entertained, as I need to replace the car with another daily driver,
HOWEVER, I am not looking for any even-up trades, I need a car and a significant amount of
cash to go towards buying a house (unless you have a Yellow Ferrari F355 Berlinetta with
manual transmission to trade even up with me, I would consider that).

Last edited by Angel; 08-20-03 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-20-03 | 09:35 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Angel, good luck with the sale and the new house! The car is a total SLEEPER! EXTREMELY QUICK IN REAL LIFE!!!

Don't tell me your leaving the CL! I still hope to see you at some meets still!
Old 08-21-03 | 07:31 PM
mmcustom
Driver

wish I had the money.Good luck selling it.
Old 08-22-03 | 06:13 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Thanks
Old 08-26-03 | 05:42 PM
Static911

That has to be one of the most comprehensive write-ups for a "For Sale" I have ever seen in my life.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by Static911; 08-26-03 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-28-03 | 03:46 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

just ran into the ebay auction today and then ran over to club lexus to see if it was true...

i'm sorry to hear that you are selling that beautiful car angel. until i rode in your car, i thought i wanted turbo, but it wasn't until that day that i realized what sort of potential my car really has.

anyone looking to buy the car will KNOW that this is a great deal, and for someone not wanting to bother with the work that goes into a turbo conversion this is a perfect find. this will sell fast i'm sure.

good luck with the car nick, and good luck with the house. you'll have to let me know if you need help moving....
Old 08-28-03 | 03:59 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Thanks.

For anyone who didn't see my other post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...098#post663098

We no longer have our own place to live, we are staying with my wife's parents because our apartment building caught fire and they have forced us to move, so if you are looking for a turbo Lexus, this is your chance, you can help us find a home and pick up a great car. Thanks for looking.
Old 08-28-03 | 05:11 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

i had no idea the house caught on fire....i'm really sorry to hear that.

i'm really glad everyone made it out alright though.
Old 08-29-03 | 08:31 PM
95sc300t
Driver

Angel, I looked at E-bay, and didn't see it.. Did you sell?? I noticed you mention the 225 wide tires.. Do you have the wider wheels/tires that are shown on it in that article at boosthard (I think)?
Old 08-30-03 | 06:36 AM
Angel
Lead Lap

Article at boosthard ? Hook me up with a link, it is probably on sites I don't even know about.

No, I didn't sell it. Price is still $25k.

As for the tires, it runs on 225/45/17s all day long, that is what is in all my pictures, that is what I took it to the track on, etc. If I had extra cash for wider rims/tires, that would definitely be the next thing that I would purchase for the car, but in my current situation, it is going to be quite awhile before that happens.

Please give me the link to the article you are referring to, I would like to see if it is my car.

*edit* the eBay auction is gone now, I cancelled it because there was not a lot of time left and the current bid was no where near what I wanted for the car.

Last edited by Angel; 08-30-03 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-30-03 | 08:50 AM
95sc300t
Driver

I'm so sorry Angel, total case of mistaken identity.. I thought it was this car: http://www.sc300turbo.com/

I didn't look at the pictures on your website.. which would have shown it to be a white car, instead of the silver, like mine... Just goes to show, when you think you know what's up

Crap. don't I feel dumb now.